CFL BC @ Ottawa Thurs. Aug 25

Mr Dee

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

he has his moments. But that sack he took during that last drive on 2nd down, might have been the worst decision I've seen this year. Had plenty of time to throw it away and he just didn't. Held on for some reason. That basically sealed the game for the lions.

I was yelling at my TV almost as much as if it had been a Winnipeg QB holding onto the ball too long......

31 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

he has his moments. But that sack he took during that last drive on 2nd down, might have been the worst decision I've seen this year. Had plenty of time to throw it away and he just didn't. Held on for some reason. That basically sealed the game for the lions.

Not much he could do with BC playing 8 DB back there, nobody open.

What a fun football game. Maybe the best one of the season so far. Two good teams going at each other.

BC owned TOP, ran the ball well and racked up a lot 1st downs. Harris found some deep receivers open for big plays. The Ottawa defense got a bunch of sacks and managed to force a fumble at their own 2 to keep them in the game. Ottawa with the ball in the last minute still had a chance to pull the game out.

That game definitely showed me that we can hang with either of those teams. BC OL was pitiful last night, that Ottawa pass rush isn't anything to be scared of. On the flip side, the key to beating the Ottawa D is to work the underneath stuff, which we have more than enough talent to do.

We'll compete with both of these teams.

I realized last night that I have a natural West bias... I found myself cheering for BC in the last few mins of the game... then I shook my head and realized I wanted BC to lose... can't bring myself to cheer for Ottawa, but I was hoping BC would lose in the end...

Edited by bearpants

15 minutes ago, Mark F said:

bloom is off Harris rose.

didn't he tail off quite a bit last year?

his second half last year was pretty lacklustre, iirc, and that's why I was eye-rolling pretty good at people calling him the next great superstar earlier this year. Let's dial it all back about 20%......

19 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I agree with this... But I think they still have a ways to go before they can be considered among the Elite. 

The teeny tiny part of the game I saw showed both quarterbacks to be very much a work in progress. I wasn't jealous at all which surprised me since these guys get good press. 

To be fair there were a couple of moments for both but not there yet.