Everything posted by bearpants
-
Grey Cup Halftime Show Announced
So you're trying to tell me I'm not very observant... is it light urple? (early 2000s, SNL celebrity jeopardy reference)
-
Chris Jones Post Game
I just had shivers...and almost tears... just imagining that moment...
- In Case You Missed it
-
Making the league look bad: item #2837
I've lived in Winnipeg my whole life and now that I work for a local company I don't imagine moving by time soon... I've always thought if I lived in another CFL city, I would probably buy season tickets to that team (yes, even regina)... not that I would necessarily cheer for said team... more just to enjoy a CFL game and cheer for the Bombers when they were in town...
-
Dieter Brock - Next Ring of Honour Inductee
The Washington fellow looked like a hot knife through butter against that Edm D... still waiting for Harris to run one like that this year...
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
I don't think people are questioning signing him (if that's a possibility)... it's a matter of do we want to pay big NI money for him?... the answer is probably not... I'm not sure what an average NI player makes these days ($100k-ish?) but I think most people would be happy with that... Transcona??
-
Will there be a 2016 playoff Crossover?
I agree with your respectful disagreement...
-
Will there be a 2016 playoff Crossover?
I don't think there's much momentum to do this... but a way to consider it while still keeping divisional rivalries is making a playoff format something where the division winners take the top spots and the rest fall where they fall... the current "playoff" standings would look like this: 1. Calgary (bye, play the winner of 4 v 5) 2. Ottawa (bye, play the winner of 3 v 6) 3. BC (home team vs Edmonton) 4. Winnipeg (home team vs Ham) 5. Hamilton (I believe they'd have the tie-break on Edm) 6. Edmonton
-
The Measure of a Fan
It is slightly curious that Winnipeggers are known as being frugal... while simultaneously being quite generous...
-
Grey Cup Halftime Show Announced
Completely agree... love the show tonic on CBC R2 in the evenings... and I always comment to people who hate metal about how phenomenally talented the musicians are... @comedygeek excellent posts... I would have quoted both but they were just too perfect to comment on any further... so many great local/canadian bands just flowing with talent and creativity... which venue do you manage?
-
The Measure of a Fan
I remember when the CFL tweeted the "standings" right before the sask game... some random sask fan said just wait till sask blows Winnipeg out of the water (or something to that effect, I'm paraphrasing)... I laughed at him (real laugh, not internet laugh)...
- Odds and Sods - Game 10 LDC against the Riders
-
Making the league look bad: item #2837
I've long maintained that I always cheer for the Stamps as my "second team"... my dad was from Calgary and although he was a huge Bomber fan usually jumped on the Stamps bandwagon if the Bombers were out... that being said... the joy, pain, anger, stress I feel while watching a Bomber game is not even remotely close to being matched by watching a Stamps game... and if they play each other, I'll gladly curse out Dickensen, BLM and Messam... because there's no team I hate more than the team playing the Bombers... doesn't mean I can't tolerate another team in a non-Bomber game... Another factor is over the past 10 or so year... we were never even in competition with the Stamps, so it made no difference in the standings... maybe next year I'll learn to hate them as we battle for first place
-
Banjo Bowl
Nothing really... but I'd rank him 4th among our corner options... Randle, Adams, Frederick, Roberts.... good problem to have...
-
Making the league look bad: item #2837
Rider Fan: we are Canada's team... but the league is conspiring against us... then we must not be Canada's team... but we are Canada's team... the CFL must not have a conspiracy against us... but clearly they do b/c look at our record... how can we be Canada's team and have the league conspri........ *brains explode*
- In Case You Missed it
- Making the league look bad: item #2837
-
Will there be a 2016 playoff Crossover?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.... maybe??
-
Making the league look bad: item #2837
I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to have at least one rep from each team on this site... Hamilton: Zontar Toronto: Bluto (though he doesn't seem to appear too much) Sask: Ripper, AtlRiderFan but I think that's all we have... someone mentioned you are a BC guy... nice to add a BC rep to the mix...
- Making the league look bad: item #2837
-
Chris Jones Post Game
I actually went to read an article Mike wrote b/c I was hoping for some level headed Rider analysis... boy was I wrong... it was just another diatribe on what was apparently one of the worst calls in CFL history... yet for some reason the CFL hasn't issued an apology saying they made a mistake... odd... the article could've been credited to Pederson and I wouldn't have questioned it...
-
Banjo Bowl
I think Peter Dyakowski can show you a scientific study that proves this to be true...
-
Chris Jones Post Game
that really bothers me every Bomber game... reminder: TNSE does not own the Bombers...
- Making the league look bad: item #2837
- Making the league look bad: item #2837