Everything posted by bearpants
-
Riders fined another 5 grand
this is actually a great point... there are many fans that have been around since the dark days... but so many, probably the very vocal ones have really only jumped on the bandwagon in the past 10 years and have only experienced success... The thing about Chris Jones... we all know he's a great coach... he's had success and I believe he's won a Grey Cup in every stop he's been in, Mtl DC, Cgy DC, Tor DC and Edm HC... but maybe, just maybe... he's bitten off a little more than he can chew here...
-
Henry Boooo-rus
I am really curious to see how Burris reacts to this demotion... I suspect he'll stay under the radar for a while... but he can only be silent for so long...
-
Week 9 Pick 'Ems
well at 29-1, I gotta know... who took Montreal?
-
what to do with the Def. backfield
Randle is back in the starting lineup the instant he's healthy... there should never be a debate about that... who comes out? Obviously Frederick or Roberts... I'll leave that decision up to the coaching staff
-
Is It Real?
yes I should have clarified that those 12 turnovers I was referring to were in the last 2 games... the pick by Frederick in the Edmonton game was huge...
-
Is It Real?
I meant the 12 turnovers in the 2 most recent wins (against Tor and Ham)... For example in the weather delay game, we had a pick and a turnover on downs, both with less than 5 mins to go, that had no effect on the game... I clearly stated we needed 6 to win the game in Hamilton... we only had 2 turnovers in the Edmonton game...
-
Is It Real?
I agree with you... I'm happy if it's a win at 0:00.... but I would argue there's a big difference between our first win in Hamilton and the last 3... that first Ham game, we needed 6 turnovers to win... the last three wins have been more complete team games... I would suggest 3 or 4 of those 12 turnovers we got would be considered garbage time stats anyways...
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
there'd probably be a signing bonus in there too
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
I was certainly interested in Bulcke when he was a free agent a few years ago... unfortunately Sleepy Joe wasn't interested in free agents... not so sure about today...
-
Is It Real?
See here's the thing though.. unless I'm reading this wrong... you're essentially saying I don't care if we "almost won" when we lost but I do care if we "almost lost" when we won.... maybe "almost lost" isn't the right saying but you're clearly making excuses for the teams we beat... that's where I see the inconsistency...
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
this is a little surprising... sounds like he was just too unreliable b/c of injuries... seems like an odd reason to cut a good rotational, Canadian DT...
- Riders fined another 5 grand
-
Is It Real?
I think this is the main point (at least this is what I think the argument is)... you've said in the past a win is a win and a loss is a loss and you don't care how they happened... but that is not how you actually react... when we lose you say we lost, who cares if it was close.... but now that we've got some wins you say "yeah well we played their back up QBs and the defense had a more than sustainable amount of turnovers and the opponent made so many mistakes, etc, etc"... Ultimately it is inconsistency in your posts that is likely what irks people... not a need to only discuss the good vs discuss only the bad... I have yet to see one poster on this site claim THE TURN AROUND IS COMPLETE AND WE ARE NOW GREY CUP FAVOURITES!!... but you want to paint any cautious optimism with that brush because it helps to further your point... The wins vs Tor, Hamilton and Edmonton were not perfect... but they were the best Bombers football we've seen since early 2011... so if that's not reason for some optimism... I don't know what is! PS - I'm not sure that post I quoted was the best one to make this point... but you understand what I'm saying...
-
Is It Real?
It actually does in court... especially if you have a good lawyer
-
Thank you, admin/mods
That's not true... they signed Capicotti, Shawn Lemon, Curtis Steele, Shawmad Chambers... those guys are all working out great... right? you sound confident
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
I guess they threw him in just for the Hecht of it... I'll show myself out....
- In Case You Missed It
-
Do we win the Last ever LDC at Mosaic?
After the Hamilton game I looked at the schedule and saw Tor, Mtl, Sask, Sask... I thought it would be really great to go 3-1 in that stretch... I was accounting for one loss in the most obvious game... I won't be confident we win that game until the score board says 0:00 Wpg: lots Sask: not very much
- Riders fined another 5 grand
- Riders fined another 5 grand
-
Is It Real?
I don't know... his shoes look pretty comfortable to me........... SMH I'm such a loser
- Do we win the Last ever LDC at Mosaic?
-
Bye Week Blues
why is it when other teams have a bye week before playing the Bombers they have extra time to get healthy and prepare... but when the bombers have a bye week it's a momentum killer and sure sign they'll come out flat and rusty??
- Riders fined another 5 grand
- Aug 12 - Winnipeg at Toronto