Toronto @ Winnipeg Depth Chart

voodoochylde

Just now, voodoochylde said:

As happy as I am to have Randle back .. I'm somewhat worried about the continued changes to the back end of our defense. 

On a personal note, I'd rather see Frederick in over Adams and I'm hoping Heath can push Johnson off the game day depth chart sooner rather than later.

I believe we havent had the same secondary for consecutive games. And I got a sense they will contnue to do that even guys are healthy to keep everyone fresh.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

All in all, I see no drop off if Harris is a go.

If I had to guess, it looks like we're going to go with Heath and Tennant as the scratches?

I kind of like the idea of having all the DL dress to split reps 65-35ish between the starters and backups against a guy like LeFevour.  Could be a lot of long downs with lots of running to contain him.  Gauthier or Richards could be the other scratch.

9 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I kind of like the idea of having all the DL dress to split reps 65-35ish between the starters and backups against a guy like LeFevour.  Could be a lot of long downs with lots of running to contain him.  Gauthier or Richards could be the other scratch.

Good points, I don't think that would be an unreasonable way to go.

So what's our ideal secondary once everyone is healthy? Randle-Heath-Loffler-Fogg-Adams or does Frederick take over for Adams? What if Adams shows out this week and you can't take him out of the lineup? What about CJ Roberts and Julian Posey? Good problems to have.

Does Walters use this area of strength to help prop up our team in other areas come trade deadline perhaps? I would think that no less than 3-4 teams (Saskatchewan, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa if not more) would appreciate the depth at secondary that we have. It also speaks to the fact that Walters held firm in his ask for Heath when we acquired him from the Argos that maybe he has a plan for the added depth at secondary.

Maybe we can flip Roberts or Posey to Sask for Roosevelt before he bails on them in FA anyways ;) ?

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Randle and Adams for the first time !

I got all tingly just seeing both of them on the starting depth chart for the first time this year...

48 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Step right up Tony Burnett, now's the chance you've been training for.  Don't **** it up!

He was awesome last week when Wild went down... I don't expect a huge drop off at that position this week...

Just now, bearpants said:

I got all tingly just seeing both of them on the starting depth chart for the first time this year...

He was awesome last week when Wild went down... I don't expect a huge drop off at that position this week...

I hope Burnett has a great game.  Im a total believer after that interview, dude has got the perfect mentality, hoping his play can match. 

7 minutes ago, peggars said:

Fogg and Frederick are probably making near minimum salaries.  That will change once their current contracts are up and Walters will have to play with that secondary a bit to keep their collective salaries within reason.  

I think it will be difficult for Walters to maintain the status quo.  Players who can play, will want to play and if they're not getting the game time they think they deserve they may choose to move on to a team that gives it to them come FA.

22 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

So what's our ideal secondary once everyone is healthy? Randle-Heath-Loffler-Fogg-Adams or does Frederick take over for Adams? What if Adams shows out this week and you can't take him out of the lineup? What about CJ Roberts and Julian Posey? Good problems to have.

Does Walters use this area of strength to help prop up our team in other areas come trade deadline perhaps? I would think that no less than 3-4 teams (Saskatchewan, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa if not more) would appreciate the depth at secondary that we have. It also speaks to the fact that Walters held firm in his ask for Heath when we acquired him from the Argos that maybe he has a plan for the added depth at secondary.

Maybe we can flip Roberts or Posey to Sask for Roosevelt before he bails on them in FA anyways ;) ?

I think Posey is done for the season.

So, really, we have four corners (Randle, Adams, Frederick, Roberts) and three halfbacks (Fogg, Johnson, Heath).  I'd rather keep the depth than start shipping players out.  I can't imagine we would get that much in return for an import DB, especially if it's an underperforming guy like B Johnson.  Maybe you could move Roberts to a desperate team for a 6th round pick or something but again, I'd rather keep the depth if we can.  All of them are likely making low salaries outside of Randle and Johnson.