Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. Yes.. it was 100% sarcasm... Bill Belichick will be known as a cheater til the day he dies...
  2. whatever, doesn't change the point!
  3. I think the biggest thing here is all the hats he's wearing... he proved in Edmonton that he can handle being a good HC and DC... and I'm sure he had input on personnel too... but giving him full reigns as GM and VP of Football Ops (or whatever other title he has) may be the straw that broke the camels back...
  4. What do you mean... Bill Belichick and the Pats have had no issue dropping the "cheater" moniker...
  5. sorry this is incorrect on both points... we've dressed 6 OL every game this year and Jake Thomas played in an emergency situation against Calgary week 5 after Neufeld and Hardrick (?? I can't remember the second injury) got hurt...
  6. we're talking about the Bombers... not he riders... the Bombers have dressed 6 o-lineman every game this year... early in the year Travis Bond was listed on the depth chart but was a game day scratch...
  7. I have no issue with the Bilukidi pick... for a guy who may wash out of the NFL in a few years, I don't think a 3rd rounder was too much... then again, Bilukidi was drafted by Baltimore so you knew he was more than training camp fodder... but taking a guy who has an NFL contract in hand 2nd overall...
  8. You're right... if either of these guys have any chance of coming north any time soon... it would be Bilukidi... but I'm not holding my breath on either...
  9. I've watched a little bit of Toronto play this year... and even with Ricky in the line-up, they don't look particularly intimidating... I would guess Toronto is probably a 3-4 point favourite... but I'd say this is a winnable game for the Bombers...
  10. Couture has filled in adequately a few times this year... and we go with one back up O-lineman every game... Jake Thomas is the second back up if there's 2 injuries... this is nothing new....
  11. Good comparison, thanks for that, but I'm fairly sure the Pats were docked some draft picks too (I'll look into it)... I would have liked to have seen more of an on-field hit... take away a first round pick (or more) and hand some kind of suspension to Jones... EDIT: The Pats also lost a first round pick... http://nesn.com/2012/03/bill-belichick-patriots-got-off-easy-with-spygate-punishment-in-comparison-to-sean-payton-saints-bou/
  12. good analogy just curious if anyone has popped over to riderfans to see what the spin is over there?
  13. I'm surprised we haven't heard a story from Pederson yet about the quality scouting and roster management Chris Jones has done and how this is a non-story...
  14. The point most people are making is the traffic in Toronto in that area is going to significantly eclipse any Winnipeg traffic... football game or not... If your argument is the amount of people specifically going to the football game... the yes, Winnipeg has more...
  15. I'm actually going to disagree and say that's a huge detail... thanks for clarifying... 96 did seem ridiculous...
  16. I really hope you're right... if this is all true... I would say anything less multiple first round picks, coach/management (specifically just Jones/Murphy) suspensions, and hefty financial fines would be unacceptable...
  17. I agree, this number seems suspiciously high... but if people are saying 96... how do we know it not 40 or 50 or even 60??
  18. I suspect BLM's comments were not on a whim... this felt like something he had bottled up for a long time and it finally boiled over and he had to say something... again, this is just my gut feeling...
  19. If he had a problem with something Milt said (for example)... and he personally called him up to discuss it... I would have a ton more respect for that...
  20. I voted against the Bombers the last 2 weeks... I feel like I have to continue to do so... If the bombers keep winning... I'm more than happy to lose the pick em pool!
  21. This is getting pretty serious... this is becoming an issue of league integrity... not just one team circumventing the rule a bit... if this isn't punished hard (if true) then I might have to start to agree with a lot of people that call the CFL bush league... I was a fan of Murphy for a long time... definitely starting to reconsider now...
  22. He was a DE at E Michigan... he's a pass rushing LB in the NFL (essentially a DE)... and he projects to be a DE in the CFL... I don't really think there's a debate about this...
  23. Canadian women are the best... period (no pun intended)... no other country compares and nothing will convince me otherwise...
  24. I can't believe guys that are paid to give their opinion... would give their opinion...
  25. oh sorry, I didn't read your post very well... I thought you were saying the callers were defending Willy with his stats... that's odd that Doug and Knuckles would do that... thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.