Everything posted by bearpants
-
Bombers sign Tori Gurley
That's fair and I thought about that too... but I don't think there's a situation where we absolutely have to release someone (at least not during the season) so it's probably a moot point anyways...
-
Bombers sign Tori Gurley
I'm not in favour of releasing Smith... but I agree if they have to release one... I would prefer it is Smith and we keep Denmark...
-
Big 3 Ex Argo's
good point... it just seems odd to release 4 good, relatively cheap receivers all at once, mid-season... you would think they should have nipped this before it became a major problem Maybe they will give LaPo his coveted HC gig... and then Milonovich looks for an OC job...
-
Bombers sign Tori Gurley
Are you suggesting putting a little lemon in your mayo to add an extra zip to your sandwich... that's the only conclusion I can come to that makes any sense...
-
Big 3 Ex Argo's
So to Recap... Elliot: Hamilton Gurley: Winnipeg Hazelton: Edmonton (rumour only) When a team releases 4 receivers and 3 of them are signed (potentially) within 2 days... something seems fishy with the releasing team...
-
Matt Nichols To Be "Mic-ed Up" This Weekend
Hearing the guys trash talk or banter on the sidelines or celebrate in the locker room is far more entertaining than nonsensical QB play calls...
- In Case You Missed It - Anonymous Thoughts...
-
Matt Nichols To Be "Mic-ed Up" This Weekend
I know someone who would cream their pants if that was actually part of the QB's cadence...
-
Big 3 Ex Argo's
My fantasy football team name is "Gurley Men"... however I actually just traded Todd Gurley yesterday... so back to the drawing board...
-
Week Of vs BC Thanksgiving Game (Now With Depth Chart!)
Hopefully Harris has a little extra motivation to (finally) play his former mates...
-
Matt Nichols To Be "Mic-ed Up" This Weekend
my first season tickets were around $80 in the north endzone at Canad Inns... and that was only 2004... perfect for a poor student.... that option doesn't really exist anymore...
-
Herb Gray Next Ring of Honour Inductee
A lot of guys do love it here... but if they could play somewhere they hate for 10x the money... they'd probably be there in a heartbeat... I like this one b/c it gives the younger folks a chance to learn about the players of yesteryear...
-
Big 3 Ex Argo's
bearpants thinks it sounds ridiculous when Vidal speaks in 3rd person... bearpants would never do anything so silly...
-
Drew Willy
you clearly said 2nd chance... not 15th chance...
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
I would like to sign Tory Gurley... and not just so I can wear my Todd Gurley jersey and fool people into thinking it's a Bomber jersey...
-
Around The League Regular Season Discussion
Do you know that that was the case or are you just speculating?
-
Miller starting contract extension talks with Walters O'Shea
I only partly agree with you... Nichols is decent but not great, we will hopefully find an upgrade in the near future... but the glaring need on the offense right now is a difference making receiver... someone like Bowman, Walker, Arceneaux, Eric Rogers, Duron Carter... I like Dressler, Denmark and Smith but they don't change the game the way those guys do...
-
Drew Willy
I met and spoke with everyone's favourite o-lineman later in that off-season (Matt Sheridan)... and he wasn't shy about placing the blame on Picard... But watching that 2007 team... biggest difference between that team and this year's... big, impact receivers... 2007 had 2 or 3... this year, I fear we may have none... also I've mentioned this a few times in the past... loved those retro gold jerseys...
- The Music Thread
-
The Music Thread
respectfully disagree... I thought it added a nice dimension and an extra thickness that the cover would have been lacking otherwise... all around good cover IMO... I did slightly regret watching this... however I learned something important here.... no rock band is truly complete without a xylophone and steel drum...
-
Mayor Bowman
I tell this to my wife all the time but it doesn't seem to make a difference...
- In Case You Missed It -
-
bombers sign 1 OL cut 4 from PR.
it's interesting b/c if you look at the dominant o-line from the 80s, Walby was a monster at 6'6 320 ish while the rest of the guys were hovering around 250 lbs... now if I see a scouting report on a o-lineman and he's under 300 my first thought is he needs to put on weight...
-
Pre-Game Day Thread: Depth Chart, etc
that's probably the best way to go about it.... those guys rotate a lot anyways...
-
Pre-Game Day Thread: Depth Chart, etc
you'd still have to make another adjustment for the ratio if this were the case...