July 21, 2016: Calgary @ Winnipeg

Rich

11 minutes ago, Westy Sucks said:

The team simply cannot afford to lose at home again.  The attendance is already quite low for the first two games.  26k & 24k is ugly.  If We get beat badly again by Calgary tomorrow...my guess is next home game we only get 21k people in the stands.

next game? We'll be lucky to get that tomorrow!

The Bombers and us are going to have to pray for an ugly low-scoring game- something like 18-15 with the defence playing a flawless game. Given any time, BLM is going to pick the Bomber secondary apart, so there has to be massive, sustained pressure from the front seven with a lot of blitzing. Much as we hate Chris Jones, he says that a good blitz is about 83% effective- that is, resulting in an incomplete pass, knockdown or sack. On paper (yeah, right) our front four ought to give the rebuilt front five of the Stamps fits all game.

51 minutes ago, tracker said:

The Bombers and us are going to have to pray for an ugly low-scoring game- something like 18-15 with the defence playing a flawless game. Given any time, BLM is going to pick the Bomber secondary apart, so there has to be massive, sustained pressure from the front seven with a lot of blitzing. Much as we hate Chris Jones, he says that a good blitz is about 83% effective- that is, resulting in an incomplete pass, knockdown or sack. On paper (yeah, right) our front four ought to give the rebuilt front five of the Stamps fits all game.

You'd think so but they didn't put much pressure on BLM in the first meeting and they used subs on their O-line in that game as well.

14 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You'd think so but they didn't put much pressure on BLM in the first meeting and they used subs on their O-line in that game as well.

That's because all the stamps had to do was hand the ball off and the Bombers would whiff on tackles and let them move the chains. The D was on it's heels the whole game so it makes it easier on the offensive line. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Forget the dbs, can we not give up 200 yards of rushing this game?

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Can we not give up 450 yds passing this game?   

Forget yards, can we not give up more points than we score?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy
FOR THE WIN, BABY!

The Stamps (1-1-1) have been dripping with post-bye success over the past decade or so, winning 12-straight games since 2005, and averaging 37.6 points in the process. - Scott Mitchell

Calgary 4-0 in the new IGF stadium..TSN

Then there's Messam. Since the current regime took over, he has faced us 7 times.
Rushing an average of 10 times a game.
For 548 yards.
Last game 16 rushes for 137 yards 8.56 yards a carry. (Doug Brown)

85% of fans polled believe Calgary will stomp the Bombers.

Is there a better reason to pick the Bombers to win?
There's just one hitch. No, not even one hitch. I mean, don't use those putrid hitch passes we've been trying.

I do like what Dressler had to say:
I’ve been in locker rooms before going through the same thing. It can definitely bring guys together,” said Dressler on the outside pressure on Willy. “As teammates, as friends in the locker room, which way do you want to go with it? Do you want to read everything, listen to everything and just agree with it? Or do you want to fight back, defend your quarterback and prove them wrong?”

5 hours ago, Westy Sucks said:

The team simply cannot afford to lose at home again.  The attendance is already quite low for the first two games.  26k & 24k is ugly.  If We get beat badly again by Calgary tomorrow...my guess is next home game we only get 21k people in the stands.

Too bad we don't have anyone good enough on this team to guarantee a win if we sell out like Stegall did. haha

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

The Stamps (1-1-1) have been dripping with post-bye success over the past decade or so, winning 12-straight games since 2005, and averaging 37.6 points in the process. - Scott Mitchell

Calgary 4-0 in the new IGF stadium..TSN

Then there's Messam. Since the current regime took over, he has faced us 7 times.
Rushing an average of 10 times a game.
For 548 yards.
Last game 16 rushes for 137 yards 8.56 yards a carry. (Doug Brown)

85% of fans polled believe Calgary will stomp the Bombers.

Is there a better reason to pick the Bombers to win?
There's just one hitch. No, not even one hitch. I mean, don't use those putrid hitch passes we've been trying.

I do like what Dressler had to say:
I’ve been in locker rooms before going through the same thing. It can definitely bring guys together,” said Dressler on the outside pressure on Willy. “As teammates, as friends in the locker room, which way do you want to go with it? Do you want to read everything, listen to everything and just agree with it? Or do you want to fight back, defend your quarterback and prove them wrong?”

Don't forget we are at I think 37 games straight not scoring more than 30 points.

2nd place team is waaaaaay far behind that number.  We are the only piece of garbage.

27 minutes ago, basslicker said:

Don't forget we are at I think 37 games straight not scoring more than 30 points.

2nd place team is waaaaaay far behind that number.  We are the only piece of garbage.

That stat is deliberately misleading. Since scoring more than 30 points (last one I see is game 3 2014) However they have hit 30 points a few times since then and been a couple points away from 30 even more so while it's still not a great stat, I think more than 30 is chosen simply to make it look spectacularly bad. Really is there that great a difference between an offense scoring 30 points vs 31 points? or even 28 points and 31 points? Obviously some wins and losses but still, I think that stat is just headline seeking. The problems are there to see with or without an arbitrary cut off like that. 

I personally am starting to think this team is coming around... we had Edmonton on the ropes last game and some of the guys are building chemistry... Willy is struggling but I think we will see him get better and better the more he shakes off the rust and the less intimidated he gets... he's also starting to learn the offence more and more... I think we could win tomorrow and start really coming together as a team

I also think Justin Cole and Johnny Adams are going to be huge for the defence when they get back.. we could still see a good team this year... but it starts with a win tomorrow