How long is Willy's leash?

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

You have to start somewhere, and I propose that acknowledging Willy as not the quarterback the team needs is a beginning. Moreover, O'Shea got out-coached again by a rookie as the Esks pulled steadily away after the first quarter. I am also not pleased at the scouting staff's results. After all this time we still do not have a breakaway receiver, and it irks me that Collins might have been that guy.

That's not on the scouting staff. They found Collins but it was the coaching staff who released him.

Too many throws at receivers feet.  

We can't hit a receiver in stride.

The throw to Adams just pissed me off (the one where he hadn't turned yet and Willy threw the ball, and then Willy is gesturing about it).  FFS, get on the same friggin page, it is game #4 already.

11 minutes ago, braddman19 said:

The throw to Adams just pissed me off (the one where he hadn't turned yet and Willy threw the ball, and then Willy is gesturing about it).  FFS, get on the same friggin page, it is game #4 already.

This is why willy takes too many hits, his receivers aren't ready to help him when he has to throw it quick. 

12 minutes ago, braddman19 said:

That one was entirely on Willy and if it wasn't, then the play itself is a horrible play. Adams was pissed too, you could tell.

9 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I don't want Tate, Lulay, Glenn or even Burris. No mediocre old has been or never was. A guy that I WOULD be willing to take a chance on however is James Franklin. He looks like he could be a real player in this league.

So you want another unproven QB?  Don't we have that already? 

Ill take Burris, Glenn or Tate.  

28 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Why are we the only team that can't execute a screen pass!

My recollection of the last half of the game is a little foggy, but I seem to remember Harris taking a screen pass for about 30 yards (third quarter somewhere?) 

Point taken though, one properly run play doesn't make up for the many poorly run ones. 

Nah. The Esks have a legit QB. The bombers don't. If a QB can't complete a pass it don't matter what the OC calls. 

That interception when the bombers were in fg range in the 3rd quarter... in to triple coverage. That's all Drew Willy. Stared adams down the whole time. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nah. The Esks have a legit QB. The bombers don't. If a QB can't complete a pass it don't matter what the OC calls. 

That interception when the bombers were in fg range in the 3rd quarter... in to triple coverage. That's all Drew Willy. Stared adams down the whole time. 

Threw into triple coverage, when the receiver he was looking at prior to, seemed to be wide open when the throw was made (or at least had single coverage).

Gotta hand it to Edmonton, they are not afraid to throw the ball.  Reilly is one heck of a hucker!

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

So you want another unproven QB?  Don't we have that already? 

Ill take Burris, Glenn or Tate.  

Burris is an improvement over Willy for this year and maybe next. So what? We aren't winning the GC in that time. Then we're back to square one.  Glenn has already proven that he's not good enough to win a Grey Cup in the CFL, and Drew Tate isn't even a starting caliber QB in the CFL.

I'm as frustrate with Willy as everyone else, but I'm not going to go off the deep end and scream for an injury prone misfit who doesn't want to start like Drew Tate.

51 minutes ago, braddman19 said:

Threw into triple coverage, when the receiver he was looking at prior to, seemed to be wide open when the throw was made (or at least had single coverage).

Not really, Sherritt would have dropped back had willy stayed on him and the receiver was running into the area of another db as well. Would have been a similar situation where he was throwing into coverage. The idea behind that play was get Sherritt going with the first guy and then go the other way and complete a pass in front of the coverage, but Sherritt read the play and get in the way. 

how are all these people calling for willys job and not for harris job?If the OL isnt the problem and willy is that wont fix the running game. But then that wont  fix the softest secondary in the league either. Or 0 ability to get any pass rush with out blitzing. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

how are all these people calling for willys job and not for harris job?If the OL isnt the problem and willy is that wont fix the running game. But then that wont  fix the softest secondary in the league either. Or 0 ability to get any pass rush with out blitzing. 

Willy is the problem.

You know what I would honestly do? When Willy gets the shell shocked look, and you can tell when it happens, I'd put Nichols in for a series or two just to give Willy a break and let him watch from the sidelines for a bit and then put him back in. The reluctance for coaches to use a 2 qb system these days is kind of silly when you don't have the superstar guy so why not for the sake of his mental game give Willy a break. Things snowball on this team, give them a chance to recover maybe. 

Certainly Burris would be a short term solution....BUT any kind of 'term' is better than what we are headed for ,if this keeps up...We need help NOW and Willy is not getting it done...What would it take to get him here???Seeing as we are going down in flames if something 'credible' isn't done...the price we might have to pay would cost... However,Henry would be a great teacher and Nichols,Davis would certainly benefit from his presence..It would be a great way for Burris to eventually leave the game he obviously luvs, imparting his skills and knowledge to an up and comer in the league, and on our roster.??? Maybe that's what's been missing for a long time on this club???

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Certainly Burris would be a short term solution....BUT any kind of 'term' is better than what we are headed for ,if this keeps up...We need help NOW and Willy is not getting it done...What would it take to get him here???Seeing as we are going down in flames if something 'credible' isn't done...the price we might have to pay would cost... However,Henry would be a great teacher and Nichols,Davis would certainly benefit from his presence..It would be a great way for Burris to eventually leave the game he obviously luvs, imparting his skills and knowledge to an up and comer in the league, and on our roster.??? Maybe that's what's been missing for a long time on this club???

Another option might be Durant, won't happen until the off-season but he is heading towards F.A..

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Another option might be Durant, won't happen until the off-season but he is heading towards F.A..

Well that could be an option...Maybe Willy, if this happened, would be a competent qb. behind Durian once again....Durant might be comfortable with a few of our receivers as well..................wink,wink.

12 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Now we have offensive talents of the early 2000s.  

We most certainly do not. Not one of our current receivers are in the same stratosphere as Milt Stegall and I don't think any of them are comparable to Geroy Simon or Arland Bruce either. Dressler may or may not be, I would lean towards being a bit lower than those two, probably about Robert Gordon level. After that though none of those guys compare to the kinds of receivers we trotted out in the early 2000s. We got no one at all like Sellers on the team and let's say we call Roberts and Harris comparable that's still just one position. I know that this is the best group of receivers we've had in quite a while... but it's still lacking. 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Well that could be an option...Maybe Willy, if this happened, would be a competent qb. behind Durian once again....Durant might be comfortable with a few of our receivers as well..................wink,wink.

No can do unless Willy accepts a $250,000 chop, and what's the point of keeping him around anyway?  His future is NOW.