Week 3 (vs Ham...Now With Depth Chart)

Noeller

Ignore that last post... The mobile version was being weird and not letting me post properly. 

Couple things in response to this thread... That Berry-era OL was awesome and made better by Glenn quick release attack. 

Also, having said all that, I would really love to go back and watch some games from 07. Man that was a special team... 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ignore that last post... The mobile version was being weird and not letting me post properly. 

Couple things in response to this thread... That Berry-era OL was awesome and made better by Glenn quick release attack. 

Also, having said all that, I would really love to go back and watch some games from 07. Man that was a special team... 

Lets not get carried away...

2008 was a miserable first half - Blink couldn't get past LOS, Glenn was getting beat up pretty good

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

It was a decent team, but teams were beginning to clue in on their scheme - chickens came home roost in '08

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Taman "developmental" plan came home to roost in 2008......somewhat like the Riders in 2015...

Blame Taman... sigh.

After the Joe Smith trade, that was a team on a roll...  If you give Taman and Berry another season, we're not in the mess we are now... his 2008 draft was actually really good.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Blame Taman... sigh.

After the Joe Smith trade, that was a team on a roll...  If you give Taman and Berry another season, we're not in the mess we are now... his 2008 draft was actually really good.

If they hadn't been so thoroughly picked apart by Ricky Ray in the east semi-final, that team might have survived another year.  But they were and they didn't.

On 7/10/2016 at 11:56 PM, Noeller said:

A couple games that I remember from that season...

AND OF COURSE....

5 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Lord Lyle wanted to give his buddy Mike Kelly a job plain and simple. 

Yup. Berry was a marked man but he didn't help his own cause very much. Kelly has to be one of the worst hires as HC in 'Bomber history- right up there with Reinbold and Zaleski.

13 hours ago, do or die said:

Taman "developmental" plan came home to roost in 2008......somewhat like the Riders in 2015...

You can make the same argument that Taman's 2007 Bomber team was similar to his 2013 Sask team... Taman would be a hero around here if that 2007 game went differently... doesn't make his strategy any better, however... 

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No win situation... Taman would have been crucified if Stegall was cut for cap management...

Taman didn't invent this salary dodge and it was probably his best/only option for a cash-poor team- Bauer threw nickels around like manhole (sorry, personhole) covers.

7 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I'm pretty Milt Stegall was still getting paid against our cap for another season or two after he retired. Just awful.

If Milt Stegall was collecting lifetime royalties every time a bomber scored a TD I wouldn't care. The man provided so much entertainment for us fans he can beat me up and steal my wallet and I'll thank him for the honour.