Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

I also acknowledge Dunk is a idiot and not reliable to report on anything.  

Wrong again Ripper..

I read extra articles all the time and breaking news, and interesting comments, and bang on reporting, When I look down to the author's name, it doesn't surprise me it's Justin Dunk. I thought weeks ago, that this guy is doing a good job. I still do.

4 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I feel bad for you. It's getting past the point of stupidity. I'll say this here as I've said this about the Bombers in the past. Jones was an experienced HC but a rookie when it comes to managing a team. Murphy seemed like the next up & coming GM but under Jones isn't as disciplined as he was under Hufnagel. Together they are inexperienced with no one to reign them in so the mistakes are happening. We saw that here & it set the team back years. But even under the unhinged Mike Kelly we've never seen what is happening with the Riders now. Rider fans should be asking what the hell is going on?

I'm going to wait till everything is out in the open before I make any big decisions about how I feel. But from the heart, I do not want our beloved team dragged through the mud by someone who doesn't care. Winning is number one for sure. Stretching the rules to the limit, I am fine with. Making a mockery of the league, I do not want to be a part of. I have zero problem with people getting fired depending on the extent of things. I do not see that likely happening however

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

I'm going to wait till everything is out in the open before I make any big decisions about how I feel. But from the heart, I do not want our beloved team dragged through the mud by someone who doesn't care. Winning is number one for sure. Stretching the rules to the limit, I am fine with. Making a mockery of the league, I do not want to be a part of. I have zero problem with people getting fired depending on the extent of things. I do not see that likely happening however

With all the reports coming from different sources I think what's happening is pretty accurate. I have no reason to think otherwise. Your team has huge problems. On & off the field.

20 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

You don't like Roddy? Blasphemy coming from a Rider fan!! ;)

I listen to his radio show everyday. I don't mind him but don't look to him as a source of anything important. He is basically a team lapdog and defends anything they do no matter what. I like a reporter to report the good and the bad ask some tough questions.

This Craig (?) Reynolds guy with the Riders seems like a decent guy as accountants go. But what the Riders really needed wasn't an accountant running the team, they needed an experienced football guy as President. Someone Jones could bounce ideas on & off. Someone telling him that this move would be good or this idea is bad. The Riders don't have a person like that as President & oh boy are things starting to go south fast. Like the Donald Trump campaign.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

I listen to his radio show everyday. I don't mind him but don't look to him as a source of anything important. He is basically a team lapdog and defends anything they do no matter what. I like a reporter to report the good and the bad ask some tough questions.

I won't argue with you on that...

Regarding Chris Jones....

It should come as no surprise at all that he is embroiled in yet another brouhaha. When people say he is an egotist, they also mean that word doesn't near qualify what this guy is proving to be. He's in his own category. An elitist egotist. The gold medal winner if this was an Olympic event...for the Russians no less. He obviously has NO regard for CFL rules and respects nothing more than winning, and his name connected to it.

The CFL should consider the actions of Jones in totality, not just this latest schtuff. It really doesn't matter that it's Saskatchewan involved in this. That's just his vehicle, but they hired him, and will have to pay the price for it. Come down hard. A huge fine, a draft pick/picks and severe restrictions/suspensions (an ankle bracelet, so to speak) for the near future. 

That cavalier attitude of Jones has to be addressed.

19 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Dee, without having to backtrack here why is Ripper upset with Dunk? I think he's pretty accurate.

1st of all, who do you mean when you say..."I think he's pretty accurate"? 

If you mean ripper, I disagree. If you mean Dunk, you'd have to ask the rip man why he's angry..

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

1st of all, who do you mean when you say..."I think he's pretty accurate"? 

If you mean ripper, I disagree. If you mean Dunk, you'd have to ask the rip man why he's angry..

Not angry, don't even follow the guy. I guess I was a bit put out with the Hardy article a bit ago. It came out Hardy had called us months ago and there was f'all to the storey. Dunk was kind of making it seem like we were trying to sign him and the league had to step in. I felt his intentions were really nothing more than slinging mud at the riders. I'm sorry but I don't think good reporters do that.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

I feel bad for you. It's getting past the point of stupidity. I'll say this here as I've said this about the Bombers in the past. Jones was an experienced HC but a rookie when it comes to building & managing a team. Murphy seemed like the next up & coming GM but under Jones isn't as disciplined as he was under Hufnagel. Together they are inexperienced with no one to reign them in so  huge mistakes are happening. We saw that here with the Bombers under Mike Kelly & Joe Mack & it set the team back years. But even under the unhinged Kelly we've never seen what is happening with the Riders now. Rider fans should be asking what the hell is going on instead of being upset with Bo Levi Mitchell.

I also feel for Ripper and most Rider fans. The team we love and follow can`t win every game, or even compete in every game, but real fans want their team to conduct itself with fair play and dignity. The Murphy/Jones cabal is not only failing to win, it is opening the Riders to ridicule and condemnation. Those of us who still wake up screaming from nightmares of the debacles of the Mike Kelly regime know your frustration, anger and pain. And yours is just beginning.

4 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

CFL delivers what is believed to be largest fine in CFL history on Saskatchewan for roster violations -- $60K. Plus $26K off the 16 Sal cap.

Ho hum, they'll pay the fine and then keep on keeping on cause they don't care about spending their way out of problems. Should have came down with a punishment that actually made them stand up and take notice that they can't keep flaunting the rules like this. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ho hum, they'll pay the fine and then keep on keeping on cause they don't care about spending their way out of problems. Should have came down with a punishment that actually made them stand up and take notice that they can't keep flaunting the rules like this. 

Wow, I bet Reynolds, Jones & Murphy are quaking in their boots. I still maintain Orridge is ineffective & weak.