Week 1 Other Games Thread (TO/Ham Edm/Ott BC/Cgy

Jpan85

Suitor all night was saying that for 2 years Ray "couldn't make that throw" on just about any deep route all game. Meanwhile they had a guy in Harris who could make all the throws & carried the Argos on his shoulders to a 10-8 record last season. Head scratching decision for sure.

IIRC last year Milanovich said Harris' play had tailed off in the second half of the season as the reason they went to Ray. Keep in mind that 6 of those 8 loses came in the 2nd half of the season.

Edited by Jacquie

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

I didn't watch the game... but wasn't Masoli garbage last season?   Are the Argos defense that bad or is he actually stepping up?

A little of both, I think.

The Argos D looked Stublery soft, lots of wide-open spaces for receivers to run to and Masoli hit them.

That said, I thought Masoli looked good in the pocket, he moved smoothly away from the rush on a number of plays. And he took care of the ball, tho I remember him clanking at least one pass off an Argos DB's hands.

Ham. was playing pitch and catch with ease...Stubler looks old...Ray looks old, and Barker is getting greyer... No amount of 'pinball jumping up and down' is going to change that..The score could have been much more lopsided if the Cats felt like running it up...T.O. has a lot of work to do to put it mildly..

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Best news....that looked awful last night. 

Sure did, it must have taken 15 minutes just to get him onto the stretcher.  I imagine what it ended up being was a major stinger that temporarily paralyzed his arms or legs, thus the precaution.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

If any stadium should have reduced capacity it's the Eskimos. Bring it back down to the original capacity of 42,000 taking out all the seats they added since then which would be perfect. They'd have to shut the place down for a couple of years & build a Tempire Stadium.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:31 AM, johnzo said:

yeah, hindsight is 20/20 but you have to wonder about keeping the 36-year-old with a banged-up shoulder over the young heir apparent.

Same as Lions letting Reilly go to keep Lulay. Big mistake

Trevor Harris looks like Ricky Ray from a few years ago.   Pinpoint passes and a calm demeanor in the pocket.  

Wow, he would look good in Blue & Gold.   Desjardins looks like a freakin genious right now.   Burris and Harris is like when we had Barnagel.  

Edited by B-F-F-C

No one should ever mock Desjardins again... he has built a winner from scratch.

Great drafting, great FA, not afraid to pay for QBs, nice CDN depth...  have to give him credit.

Strange how Harris is playing in an entirely new system with new receivers and OL and yet seems totally comfortable