Week 1 Other Games Thread (TO/Ham Edm/Ott BC/Cgy

Jpan85

It seems to me that Willy and probably O'Shea have until Labour Day- the CFL collective agreement states that if veterans are kept on after then and released afterwards, they get paid to the end of the season. Thus, if Willy cannot improve a lot and loses the confidence of the coaches, he ought to be canned before we have to shell out some $200,000 for a player who cannot benefit the team. It seems to me that O'Shea has put all his eggs in one basket.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

This is a make it or break year for Willy and MOS. I wouldn't panic after one game, but by year end, something good better be happening

I rather think if the team record is no worse than .500 at Labour Day, heads will roll. You have to concede two playoff spots in the west to Calgary and Edmonton, with BC very much a dark horse. Of all the GM/coach combos among the Lions, Riders and Bombers, Wally has the most experience and record to push his team into the third playoff spot. This leaves the Riders and Bombers outside looking in, and not being in a position to compete for a playoffs spot yet again will doom O'Shea. He's a good guy who came in with a lot of goodwill, but he (and Willy) just have not done the job.

7 minutes ago, tracker said:

I rather think if the team record is no worse than .500 at Labour Day, heads will roll. You have to concede two playoff spots in the west to Calgary and Edmonton, with BC very much a dark horse. Of all the GM/coach combos among the Lions, Riders and Bombers, Wally has the most experience and record to push his team into the third playoff spot. This leaves the Riders and Bombers outside looking in, and not being in a position to compete for a playoffs spot yet again will doom O'Shea. He's a good guy who came in with a lot of goodwill, but he (and Willy) just have not done the job.

Bombers miss the playoffs, MOS is gone and should be. Willy is in same boat, however he could be back depending on his stats. Willy had some garbage time stats yesterday, he wasn't good when it mattered