BC Lions @ SaskJones Implosions (preseason game)

IC Khari

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

But I thought everyone was raving about the BC unis when they came out? I remember reading that those were the nicest of the bunch! So weird... 

The BC white road jerseys look fantastic, that reddy orange is an awesome trim colour. 

It's the home ones that look like jack o'lanterns without candles.

12 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

He's still coming back from a serious injury. No use risking him this early.

I'm sure he will play next week so as to warm him up.

Is he 100%? I thought he was for the start of riders camp. Would make sense if hes any thing under 100% to ease him on back. Other wise it seems strange no to play him. Heres hoping hes 100% for the season. The league is much better with the best qbs playing, and I wanna beat the riders at full strength not running on back ups. Though tbh for the last 10 years or so its seemed like back up qbs are a bigger issue for us then starters xD.

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Jones needs to get Popp on the phone and pick up whichever QB he's willing to get rid of.  Cato or Crompton would be a much better security net beneath Durant than the backups they currently employ.

I actually like those two. Idk why they went soo qb crazy in the off season. Glenn backed up with cato and crompton with the canadian developing is solid. 

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Jones needs to get Popp on the phone and pick up whichever QB he's willing to get rid of.  Cato or Crompton would be a much better security net beneath Durant than the backups they currently employ.

If Durant goes down once again this year, it's the end of the Roughriders season and possibly  Durants run in Saskatchewan.

Power outage in Sask.....seems the Jones team had one as well...They looked like crap..Keeping their starting qb. in bubble wrap is a real laugher..If rider fans don't see Durant next game, the melon heads are going to start exploding....B.C. actually looked half-decent...except their uni's ....gawd awful...And the name plates on the riders jerseys looked like license plates gone wrong...Glad we looked great in our first outing, compared to that junk.

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Our receivers won't be a concern this year. You might want to worry about who else you have besides Dressler on your own team.

Adams, Smith......I hear he's pretty good, and Harris can play a pretty good receiver too.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Our receivers won't be a concern this year. You might want to worry about who else you have besides Dressler on your own team.

....Ryan Smith for one ...should I go on....Denmark should be a star for you though in his mediocre way...Once you get someone who can stay healthy at qb. and actually look like one.

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

....Ryan Smith for one ...should I go on....Denmark should be a star for you though in his mediocre way...Once you get someone who can stay healthy at qb. and actually look like one.

I always get a kick out people getting overly wound up in the pre season. Denmark played pretty good, and he needed to. He is in a battle to even make the team. His veteran status will likely get him on roster. Healthy at QB?  You guys should worry about whether or not your Oline is going to be any better this year and if your QB can stay healthy.  A qb injury changes things for any team in a hurry including your own team. As I said, I'm not worried about our receivers,  Roosevelt, Chambers, Bagg, Chiles, and Denmark works just fine with me.

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

You should worry about the health of your QB and Bagg and Chambers just to start. Your team's overall NI talent and depth. Your kicking name with fairly untested newbies. The secondary. The fact that your coach is an asshat.

Health of key players is always something to worry about for any team including yours. Willy has been hurt, Smith has had two concussions, the list goes on. Vey few players can say they have never been injured in some way. And every player is one play away from never playing football ever again.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I always get a kick out people getting overly wound up in the pre season. Denmark played pretty good, and he needed to. He is in a battle to even make the team. His veteran status will likely get him on roster. Healthy at QB?  You guys should worry about whether or not your Oline is going to be any better this year and if your QB can stay healthy.  A qb injury changes things for any team in a hurry including your own team. As I said, I'm not worried about our receivers,  Roosevelt, Chambers, Bagg, Chiles, and Denmark works just fine with me.

That's just homerism. That group of receivers doesn't scare anyone.