Game Day - Wpg vs Montreal

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'll be surprised if Willy plays more than 2 or 3 sets of downs. The first preseason game isn't to get the main offense a bunch of work. It's to get a look at as many players as possible in 'game' situations. Nichols is likely to get the most time IMO.

That's more what I see also. If they want to look at some rookie o-linemen, be prepared for some missed assignments. No way you leave Willy in there to get pounded in that situation. I'd consider most of first quarter maybe, buts that's about it.

I believe O'Shea is on record (possibly on the coaches show) as saying he would give Willy enough reps to get into a rhythm, then pull him... so we may only see a few possessions, or possibly the whole half depending on how things go...

15 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'll be surprised if Willy plays more than 2 or 3 sets of downs. The first preseason game isn't to get the main offense a bunch of work. It's to get a look at as many players as possible in 'game' situations. Nichols is likely to get the most time IMO.

That's how I would normally feel but Willy's been out for 10 months and it's a new system. I think he needs more time to get the timing down.

We already know what Willy and Nichols can do , make sure  we get some decent time for Davis and Bennet we don't want to have a disaster like last year with our 3rd guy...

Edited by bb1

1 hour ago, brett_c_b said:

pre-season, backups get some opportunity. The starters will make the threads in regular season as you watch from the couch:)

I would like to thank my mom for giving me life and I would like to thank the regular posters for giving me this opportunity to excel and show off my skills.   I know I will let you down through out the regular season as I post while pooping in the washroom.  

Willy is # one by default unless the unforeseeable happens, so any drama at the pivot position is about who will be number two and who will languish on the PR. I don't think Nichols is a lock, but based on how O'Shea has operated in the past, it wouldn't surprise me.

20 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I like the Bombers.  I think they will do good.  My favourite player is Jamaal Westerman.  The jerseys are nice.  I think the Bombers will win the Grey Cup.

I love this because: Replace Bombers with Riders and Westerman with Durant, and you've got the most stereotypical Rider fan post ever! :)

14 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Stupid penalty killed that drive. Just like the last few years. Castillo missed the FG & instead of 7 we don't even get 3. Mistakes.

The call on Smith was really iffy at best, Harris should have been given that TD :angry: