Turner & Denmark Released

TrueBlue

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has released International defensive tackle Bryant Turner and International wide receiver Clarence Denmark.

These are the types of difficult decisions that must be made throughout the offseason,” said General Manager Kyle Walters. “Both Bryant and Clarence have done great things for this organization both on and off the field for a long time now. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers sincerely thank both men for the dedication, hard work, and effort they put forth. We wish them the very best moving forward.”

Both Denmark and Turner originally signed with the club in 2011. 

16 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Didn't think they would release Denmark, thought his production was ok considering our OC the last few years.

Not about his production....all about his $$$ paycheque.

I like Denmark, he's got a lot of skill, trouble with him is that he needs to be a second fiddle to someone to really shine. When the spotlight is on him he isn't as good. That's a problem when you're paid like a star and the team went and signed some big ticket free agents. Once again we're relying on Kyle Walters to finally find a receiver through scouting in order to make the passing game dangerous. Let's hope this year works out better than the past couple. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm really surprised both got the axe. I figured Turner for sure, little surprised it wasn't a "one or the other" situation.

I'm surprised as well.  I could see Turner but Denmark was a surprise.  I thought they would give him another chance given MBs poor offensive schemes and Willy's injury.

'

Edited by wpgallday1960
Missed words

While other teams inside D line seem to continually get bigger Turner for whatever reason choose to drop weight before the start of this past season. Inside guys are big push guys who need to collapse the pocket. Turner failed to deliver and is paying the price. He is a quality guy...good luck to him.