Turner & Denmark Released

TrueBlue

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 11:08 AM, Rich said:

I don't think you can have it both ways.

The bonuses are put in there at the beginning of the season by the agents.  This forces the team to commit to the player prior to the season starting.  If there was no bonus, then a team could hang on to a player throughout training camp and cut him before the season starts.  It would allow the team to string a player along even if they had no intention of keeping him, if only to keep him from other teams.

Putting a bonus at the beginning of the season forces the team to declare their intention on the player before the season starts.  If they get cut because of it, at least it happens in the off season where they have a chance of getting on with another team as opposed to training camp when rosters are full and it is tougher for teams to sign the players.

I agree getting cut in the off season at least gets the player an opportunity to try to find another team to play for, and being cut at the end of training camp ( which happened to my son twice with 2 different teams ) leaves virtually no opportunity for the player.

6 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

When's the last time a team has thrived with their top 3 receivers all being under 6'? 

Idk but off the top of my head, milt was listed 6'0 here and 5'11 in the nfl. We had him bobby gordon aj3 then arland bruce with charles roberts catching a ton of passes too. 

On 4/19/2016 at 5:35 PM, wbbfan said:

Idk but off the top of my head, milt was listed 6'0 here and 5'11 in the nfl. We had him bobby gordon aj3 then arland bruce with charles roberts catching a ton of passes too. 

Yeah cause they had elite QBs over there in Saskatchewan

12 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

You mean couldn't keep Willy. He was ready to start when he left Saskatchewan, and wasn't about to sit around waiting for Durant to drop.

No, I think I meant "didn't". Thanks though.

22 hours ago, KptKrunch said:

I guess we'll see but I know I'm a bit worried, especially about Dressler, didn't exactly light it up last year. Could have NFL blues. I hope the change of scenery gets him going again.

Welcome back Eskimo fan.

"Time for me to move on. I'll always have soft spot but since the Oilers are my hockey team now, I'm golng to make the Eskimos my football team. Most likely will take a year or two to get fully emotionally involved with the team, but at least it is a team I can get behind. "

-KptKrunch, Oct 31 2015

13 hours ago, J5V said:

No, I think I meant "didn't". Thanks though.

well, no you should have meant couldn't because he wasn't going to be staying in saskabush as a backup.  He made it well known that he wanted to be a starter and didn't want to backup..

so they couldn't have kept him unless they dethroned durant.

capishe?

10 hours ago, Atomic said:

Welcome back Eskimo fan.

"Time for me to move on. I'll always have soft spot but since the Oilers are my hockey team now, I'm golng to make the Eskimos my football team. Most likely will take a year or two to get fully emotionally involved with the team, but at least it is a team I can get behind. "

-KptKrunch, Oct 31 2015

Keep a pitchfork handy in case he tries to sneak back on the bandwagon.