Donald Trump

Blueballz

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and its the over-the-top sanctimonious nonsense like this that is in large part to blame for why Clinton lost.  People were tired of the name calling.  A "Cruel vengeful bigot" - really?  Until he had the nerve to run against the establishment, no one had ever called Trump a bigot.  That word gets abused by the left so much, it's lost all meaning.  "Don't agree with everything we say??  Then you are a BIGOT!!"  "Don't agree the entire environment is going in the toilet??? DENIER!!"  These issues aren't binary, and reducing them to binary means you end up with people getting angry.  And that means they will want change.

Sarah Kendzior has been one of the best reporters during this entire election cycle. Much more informative than the cnn/fox/msnbc fools. Don't dismiss her fine work because of one slightly overwraught article.

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

First you talk about angry hateful rhetoric, and then you go on and post angry hateful rhetoric.  The Federal Government is going to "swarm in" and eject people.  Really?  Look, I'll be the first to apologize if even a quarter of the apocalyptic nonsense you posted above comes true, but I've seen this crap before, in 2011, when every single PC loon was moaning about how Harper was going to get rid of abortion laws and gay marriage, and it never happened.  Instead of babbling on about "tragedy and horror" why not actually give the new administration a chance?  Sure beats eating the massive pile of sour grapes you have piled up in front of you.

In some ways I couldn't agree more, the problem I have is that you don't seem to practice what you preach. Apply your own advice to the Alberta NDP and federal Liberals and I may actually want to be a part of this thread more often. 

I don't want to pile on you, so I'll also say that I think that much of the anti-Trump crowd is also going overboard with their apocalyptic fears (not people here, just reactions I've seen elsewhere). 

One of of my favourite responses: http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/11/its-going-to-be-okay.html?utm_source=List&utm_campaign=7ddada973f-okay_2016_11_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5b568bad0b-7ddada973f-52034077&mc_cid=7ddada973f&mc_eid=14cb952ac7

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Probably all very true. The logic of the Trump supporters is mind-boggling, but I have no doubt the writer is bang on. 

I think people should probably give trump a chance before ripping him a new one.  It's the least ppl can do. Am I concerned for the US? Yes and no. I'd say the same if hillary won. What boggles my mind tho is how could 29 percent of Latinos or pretty much 3 out of 10 Latinos vote trump. How could women vote trump. Honestly I think what might have happened here is because some of the state's were so close and just separated by a couple thousand votes... I think people voting for the 3rd party candidate cost hillary the Win and that 3rd party candidate got over 3 million total votes. That's basically the difference between trump winning some states and trump losing those states. 

For God's sake 11 000 plus people voted for a dead gorilla. 

I think that says all you really need to know here. 

Imo trump will just be the face... pence will be the guy in charge and that's scary also but at the same time... it's a little bit calming. 

Guess we will see what happens.  

This is also what happens when MSM like CNN take things for granted. I'd say trump winning is the American people (a vocal minority at that but enough to win) telling CNN and the MSM that they are catching on to their BS. 

This is kind of the beginning of the end of the MSM and that's ok. 

Edited by Goalie

The cynic in me wonders if this is similar to sideshow bob winning the Springfield mayor election only for people to find out that dead people and animals voted for him. But the realist in me sees this as America saying **** you to Washington DC. DC 92 percent support for Clinton last night.... doesn't that say lots also?  

I am NOT a Trump supporter, but I love seeing the media and the polls proven so horribly wrong. If you look all the way down to the basic reason why Trump won, there are two possibilities:

1. They are incompetent and did not factor in all the variables

2. They wanted Clinton to win and tried to manipulate voters by posting inaccurate results

Quite frankly, they got what they deserved - both scenarios leave them with egg on their face. The voters of America sent them a strong message. Perhaps this can be a small start towards unbiased reporting, if such a thing is even possible anymore.

I was right. Donald Trump won.

Not only did he win, he won by a convincing margin - turning America red with patriotic pride and the faces of commentators ever redder as they tried to explain how they had been so spectacularly wrong.

The news came as a shock to all those who have failed - yet again - to understand the feelings of regular Americans – people who want to work hard, keep their family safe and secure for the future.

Real people. Not the loud voices in wealthy cities. Not the multicultural mafia in the liberal heartland of LA or New York. But in the towns, rural outposts and forgotten homes across the States.

As Trump predicted, it was Brexit Times Ten. The people rose up and made their voice heard, leaving Hillary to weep into her pant suit and her campaign team to wonder what on Earth went wrong.

You can't blame them for thinking they stood a good chance. Pollsters have demonstrated - once again- why they are an utterly defunct source of information.

Reuters gave her a 95 per cent chance of winning this election. Nate Silver downgraded to a 71 per cent chance of success. And the lefty lovies echo-chamber of choice - the Huffington Post said she was a shoe in at 98 per cent. These are people who are supposed to be reflecting back at us how we feel.

They are deaf and blind. They enjoyed the sound of their own echo for so long they stopped listening to people in the street, stopped even imagining their voices mattered.

Too busy labelling people; racists, xenophobes, misogynists, deplorables - to work out they might actually have a meaningful view. It is a mirror image of Britain's Brexiteers 'too stupid' to know what they voted for.

Clinton's supporters are in disbelief. They have been played like puppets, imagining voting by gender, race or colour was how politics works.

3A3382CC00000578-3919816-image-a-9_14786

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3919816/KATIE-HOPKINS-right-Trump-s-triumph-crushed-lefty-luvvies-useless-pollsters-multicultural-mafia-gender-Nazis-refuse-listen-regular-people-Brexiteer-thank-America.html

Edited by kelownabomberfan

And then we have all the celebrities, who now apparently have to find new countries to live in...

Lets see who keeps their promises....long list of them.

Celebs who said they'd leave U.S. if Trump won

“Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston – “Absolutely, I would definitely move. It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t.”

Actor Samuel Jackson – “If that motherf–—er becomes president, I’m moving my black *bleep* to South Africa.”

“Girls” celebrity Lena Dunham – “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver.”

“House of Cards” actress Neve Campbell, already a Canadian citizen, has promised to repatriate herself.

“Orange is the New Black” actress Natasha Lyonne has picked a “mental hospital” for her political exile.

Cher – “I’m moving to Jupiter.”

Miley Cyrus – “I am moving if he is president. I don’t say things I don’t mean!”

Barbara Streisand – “I’m either coming to your country if you’ll let me in, or Canada.”

Singer Ne-Yo, like so many others, plans to bug out to nearby Canada.

Comedian Amy Schumer – “I will need to learn to speak Spanish, because I will move to Spain or somewhere.”

Chelsea Handler – “I did buy a house in another country just in case. So all these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t — I actually will leave that country.”

Former “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart’s getaway plan is among the more extreme. He’s planning on “going to another planet,” although he did not specify a particular planet.

Whoopi Goldberg – “Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go.”

Keegan-Michael Key’s planned exile to Canada doesn’t sound like too much of a hardship – “It’s like, 10 minutes from Detroit. That’s where I’m from; my mom lives there. It’d make her happy too.”

Comedian George Lopez is the only future emigre who’s vowing to move South. Indeed, he says Hispanics will “all go back.”

Ali Wentworth, wife of ABC newsman George Stephanopoulous, said that “If Trump wins, we’ll start looking at real estate in Sydney, Australia. No crime, no guns.”

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg – “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand” (she’s already backtracked and apologized).

Al Sharpton has plans for destinations unknown and says he has been “reserving my ticket out of here.”

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

#TrumpProtest 

Now who are being the fear mongering douchebags 

I was watching CNN tonight and Van Jones, the outspoken Democrat on the panel, was going on about how Muslims are now scared they are going to be put in internment camps.  Kind of like some of the rhetoric we were seeing earlier here today.  The rest of the panel actually turned on him and said to stop with the divisive comments, as they really help no one, and are really based in nothing more than sour grapes by Democrats.  I thought Obama was really classy today (and Hillary too) in their speeches.  They along with Trump are calling for peace and a calm transition.  I don't see why that's a bad thing.

I also saw some extremely interesting voting stats.  States like Pennsylvania went Republican for the first time in 28 years. I guess Hillary just ignored Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania during her campaign, assuming that they were in bag.  Also, the stats about women voters was telling.  Women just did not turn up to support Hillary at all, their numbers were way down compared to 2008 and 2012 for Obama.  Also telling were states like Michigan where the African American voters just didn't show up.  If they had showed up at all in Detroit, Hillary would have carried Michigan easily.  So for all of the talk of how minorities were all voting for Hillary, this actually didn't happen.  If they are all so "terrified" as Van Jones claims they are, then why did they not show up to vote, or if they did, why did they vote for Trump?  Maybe, just maybe, there were other issues at play here than just some offensive statements.  Maybe, just maybe, there are even bigger issues dearer to the hearts of Americans.  But I'm just spit-balling here.

Dear Democrats, Read This If You Do Not Understand Why Trump Won

Trump Is What Happens When You Nominate A Cheater and Live In An Echo Chamber—Please Learn From This

https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/dear-democrats-read-this-if-you-do-not-understand-why-trump-won-5a0cdb13c597#.jy45rss4q

I took it upon myself to understand Trump, and his supporters. What I found was millions of great Americans who had been disenfranchised, normal people like you and I, who did not recover from the Great Recession. They’re pissed off about Obama Care, endless wars, trade deals that have killed jobs, higher taxes, a rigged economy–and, they are not wrong.

Had Democrats taken the concerns of average American seriously, especially the concerns of Millennials, they would have quickly realized Hillary Clinton was not the right nominee for the Democratic party in 2016.

"What I found was millions of great Americans who had been disenfranchised, normal people like you and I, who did not recover from the Great Recession. They’re pissed off about Obama Care, endless wars, trade deals that have killed jobs, higher taxes, a rigged economy–and, they are not wrong."

No, they're mostly wrong. The wars started under a Republican's watch, Democrat's are generally more inclined to protectionism than Republican's are re: trade deals, insurance premiums grew at a slower pace under Obamacare than when Bush was in office, and lol at the rigged economy. The guy who's now in charge didn't pay taxes for years and is promising to lower taxes at the top of the scale, ie trickle down economics, which is a proven failure.

As for jobs, Trump won't be able to take them back to the 50s when everything was made in America. That boat has sailed. The economy has changed and people who can't adapt are trying to turn back the clock. The economy is significantly stronger after eight years of a democrat in the White House than it was when Bush left.

What the Republicans are very good at is getting everybody angry. Every speech was about how much America sucks, and only they can fix it. These guys who lost their jobs buy it and vote for a Republican, who in turn will break the unions and bring the wages down of the few manufacturing jobs that are left.

And then they locked down the racist vote...

42 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

"What I found was millions of great Americans who had been disenfranchised, normal people like you and I, who did not recover from the Great Recession. They’re pissed off about Obama Care, endless wars, trade deals that have killed jobs, higher taxes, a rigged economy–and, they are not wrong."

No, they're mostly wrong. The wars started under a Republican's watch, Democrat's are generally more inclined to protectionism than Republican's are re: trade deals, insurance premiums grew at a slower pace under Obamacare than when Bush was in office, and lol at the rigged economy. The guy who's now in charge didn't pay taxes for years and is promising to lower taxes at the top of the scale, ie trickle down economics, which is a proven failure.

As for jobs, Trump won't be able to take them back to the 50s when everything was made in America. That boat has sailed. The economy has changed and people who can't adapt are trying to turn back the clock. The economy is significantly stronger after eight years of a democrat in the White House than it was when Bush left.

What the Republicans are very good at is getting everybody angry. Every speech was about how much America sucks, and only they can fix it. These guys who lost their jobs buy it and vote for a Republican, who in turn will break the unions and bring the wages down of the few manufacturing jobs that are left.

And then they locked down the racist vote...

So you are saying that the people of Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania etc who voted overwhelmingly in favor of Obama the past two elections, are now racists?  How is that?  I think your analysis is superficial, and betrays the "echo chamber" thinking that caused this upset in the first place.  You aren't looking at the entire spectrum of issues.  People in the US aren't just pissed off because they are a stupid racists who are easily manipulated, they have valid complaints about how their government is being run, and they weren't being heard, because they were just being told to shut up, and if they didn't shut up, they were called racists and bigots.  Not only white people (especially males) voted for Trump.  Women and ethnicities of all kinds voted for Trump.  Otherwise he wouldn't have carried states that haven't voted Republican in 28 years.  There is a lot more to the story here than just Republicans making people angry.  They were already angry, and it had nothing to do with Republicans.

23 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

No. "And then they locked up the racist vote" is pretty clearly referring to them separately. 

but the point still stands.  People in states that supported Obama previously voted for Trump in droves.  You are clearly saying that people who voted for Trump are gullible (it sure seemed that way), but yet these were the same people who voted for Obama.  So who is gullible here?  Did these people all just magically become stupid since 2012?  Could it be that there are other issues at play?  I saw this posted on another site and thought it relevant, and also, its truthiness made me laugh:

14963132_10154538287845446_2975126411261633410_n.jpg

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Trump won because people want jobs. Trump actually had a new economic plan. Hillary's was just more taxes, it was a no brainer.

I am still trying to figure out what his New and improved economic plan is. Please inform me- but only if it is a viable one and not empty rhetoric to appease the masses like "Lock her up!"

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

but the point still stands.  People in states that supported Obama previously voted for Trump in droves.  You are clearly saying that people who voted for Trump are gullible (it sure seemed that way), but yet these were the same people who voted for Obama.  So who is gullible here?  Did these people all just magically become stupid since 2012?  Could it be that there are other issues at play?  I saw this posted on another site and thought it relevant, and also, its truthiness made me laugh:

14963132_10154538287845446_2975126411261633410_n.jpg

Most racist, misogynist, homophobes and bigots and everyday shitbirds view themselves as non-racist, non-misogynist, non-homophobes,non-bigots and everyday ordinary people- so this example is moot. 

And why is yelling the only way to convey that some one is being a racist, misogynist, homophobes and bigots and everyday shitbirds? You can just tell them plainly and call them on that mindset.

And yeah- many people who voted for Trump are gullible. Most people who voted for Trump are terrible people. 

39 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

but the point still stands.  People in states that supported Obama previously voted for Trump in droves.  You are clearly saying that people who voted for Trump are gullible (it sure seemed that way), but yet these were the same people who voted for Obama.  So who is gullible here?  Did these people all just magically become stupid since 2012?  Could it be that there are other issues at play? 

I don't think it's magic. It's possible they've always been stupid and just made good choices in 2008 & 2012.

As for the story you shared, I wasn't calling everybody racist, just the racists. The non-racist Trump supporters were just able to overlook it.