ANDREW HARRIS: A Homer to Believe In

BigBlue

It's been a long time since we had a home grown Winnipeg star to cheer for. For me, AH makes the season.

Further, Harris is one of the few players in this league who can put the whole team on his back and carry them.

We have just added 4 victories to this season.

Won't it be great to have his family in the stands?

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

It's been a long time since we had a home grown Winnipeg star to cheer for. For me, AH makes the season.

Further, Harris is one of the few players in this league who can put the whole team on his back and carry them.

We have just added 4 victories to this season.

Won't it be great to have his family in the stands?

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

Add 3 more because of Medlock! ;)

12-6 then?

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

I wonder if Demski is looking over his shoulder homeward....Now wouldn't that be a nice homecoming for all...

I'd say that is likely as well. I know the Demski's from when I used to coach football and they are a very tight knit family. I am sure that Nic would love to come home to be closer to them and he was a HUUUGE Bomber fan. Wouldn't take much to stoke that fire again.

Edited by gcn11

10 minutes ago, do or die said:

Harris gives us a consistent weapon against the blitz.....

10 minutes ago, do or die said:

Harris gives us a consistent weapon against the blitz....

I can't remember Lapos play calling but it couldn't of been as bad as MB dealing with the blitz.

I've always been critical of Harris. In my eyes he's been over rated often. Now of course that he's wearing the right colours. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit excited to see what he can bring. His rec skills and blitz pick up is what has me most excited.

Here's hoping he can prove me wrong and he has his best season yet!

What Harris will help with most of all is finally providing us with someone that the opposing defence has to game plan against. He isn't the best runner in the CFL, he isn't the best receiver, but put them together and he becomes one of the most dangerous players to play against. When defences have to focus on shutting down one guy it keeps them from calling the shots and dictating the game plan.

Just his presence on the field eliminates a lot of the blitz. He is what we needed, an outlet for Willy when under pressure and a player that will help our offence dictate on the field versus reacting. I think people are going to see vast improvement in our sacks against numbers and are going to be celebrating how Lapo and Wylie turned the OL around. Just remember that a big part of that was the signing of Harris.

If the opposition is content on blitzing us every second play, the cure is dumping it off to Harris and let him do his thing...He was quite successful for B.C. at taking pressure off of the qb. and if defenders give him a crack to slip through.....bye bye...A part of our game missing for a long time and executing it properly.