Dressler Signs with Bombers

peggars

I think if Moore is willing to take a pay cut then sign him. But again this comes down to scouting, where are the receivers on the PR ready to step up & play well if a starter goes down? Calgary always had 1 or 2 receivers on the PR like Rogers who when their time came were ready to break out. 

Now that the Bombers have signed Dressler, I think they need to focus on acquiring D-line talent.  I would personally rather sign 1 big name receiver and 2 big name D-linemen rather than 2 big name receivers and 1 big name D-lineman.

Signing free agent receivers might be flashy, but I don't think it's the best way of building a team.  The best way to build a team is from the trenches out.

I would like to add 1 dominant DT and 1 dominant DE.  An average secondary can look real good with a dominant d-line.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

I think if Moore is willing to take a pay cut then sign him. But again this comes down to scouting, where are the receivers on the PR ready to step up & play well if a starter goes down? Calgary always had 1 or 2 receivers on the PR like Rogers who when their time came were ready to break out. 

With walters saying yesterday in his presser, The Moore ship sailed long before Dressler became available,  im thinking it's a safe bet Moore will not be back

47 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Solidifying the O line is a huge priority. If you can't keep Willy upright and healthy he doesn't matter a hill of beans who the     receivers are.

Not entirely true. A quick release out to a slot back or WR who you can trust and good scheme calling can vastly improve a poor oline.  I'm not saying we have an all star cast of Oliners and we will win much with who we currently have but if they can improve over last year and we can get another decent oline guy in there (preferably Canadian) then I think Lapos play calling and the addition of Dressler should make for a much improved team.

2 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Solidifying the O line is a huge priority. If you can't keep Willy upright and healthy he doesn't matter a hill of beans who the     receivers are.

Going to have to be through the draft and recruiting because there's not much in free agency.

Or we can give up some assets to try to make a trade like the Ticats did for Ryan Bomben.  But that would require some pretty big assets, such as our first two picks AND more.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so is dressler #16 or is this like when players get drafted and they hold up the year (2016)

View image on Twitter

Not sure! He might have to flip Washing a few hundred bucks if he wants his #7. Or he can wait until they release/trade Moore and take his #17. Or go with 16. Other numbers currently available are 11, 12, 13 and 18.

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not sure! He might have to flip Washing a few hundred bucks if he wants his #7. Or he can wait until they release/trade Moore and take his #17. Or go with 16. Other numbers currently available are 11, 12, 13 and 18.

He did wear #18 at UND...

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so is dressler #16 or is this like when players get drafted and they hold up the year (2016)

View image on Twitter

Pretty sure that's just the year. Checked the Bomber website, and Dressler doesn't have a designated number set yet. Having a feeling they won't until the roster is set in stone.