Leggett thinks we need to get tougher meaner

Jpan85

Earlier in the year, I stated that this team appeared mentally weak. Perhaps a wee bit of confirmation.

The team folded like a cheap tent in the games Willy got hurt. Very few stepped up throughout the season in the face of adversity. I would say that your assessment of the team being mentally weak was spot on.
Yep good on Leggett for saying what is painfully obvious not tough enough mentally and not enough Walbys around to kick some a$$! Even Sask there last game won it and tried to show the fans something for next year.The Blue a lot of them just went through the motions to get out of the game and head home.

Earlier in the year, I stated that this team appeared mentally weak.   Perhaps a wee bit of confirmation.

The team folded like a cheap tent in the games Willy got hurt.  Very few stepped up throughout the season in the face of adversity.  I would say that your assessment of the team being mentally weak was spot on.

I think that's more a case of simply not having anyone capable of stepping up. Denmark isn't the kind of receiver who steps up when he has more pressure. He's a great supporting player in a receiving corps, but as a guy who can take it upon himself? Not really. Closest we have is Moore and he has his own issues. The run game was never used properly to be that dominant factor, plus with the OL getting blown up as consistently as they did you could never rely on it anyway. Simply put this team needs much more talent so that there are people who CAN step up in the face of adversity. You go back to the early 2000s if we needed a play you could generally rely on Roberts or Stegall to make that play. Who do we turn to now when we absolutely NEED a play? Kyle Walters needs to get his **** together this offseason. 

Earlier in the year, I stated that this team appeared mentally weak.   Perhaps a wee bit of confirmation.

The team folded like a cheap tent in the games Willy got hurt.  Very few stepped up throughout the season in the face of adversity.  I would say that your assessment of the team being mentally weak was spot on.

I think that's more a case of simply not having anyone capable of stepping up. Denmark isn't the kind of receiver who steps up when he has more pressure. He's a great supporting player in a receiving corps, but as a guy who can take it upon himself? Not really. Closest we have is Moore and he has his own issues. The run game was never used properly to be that dominant factor, plus with the OL getting blown up as consistently as they did you could never rely on it anyway. Simply put this team needs much more talent so that there are people who CAN step up in the face of adversity. You go back to the early 2000s if we needed a play you could generally rely on Roberts or Stegall to make that play. Who do we turn to now when we absolutely NEED a play? Kyle Walters needs to get his **** together this offseason. 

I agree with your assessment, but I found that the defense seemed to collapse after Willy was hurt in games.  No one stepped up to make a key stop either.  One could argue that they were on the field for inordinate lengths of time, but they just seemed to sag emotionally and give up big plays instead of making them.

Maybe if we can keep the O on the field longer the D will reach its potential.  Walters does have some work to do, regardless.

I agree with your assessment, but I found that the defense seemed to collapse after Willy was hurt in games.  No one stepped up to make a key stop either.  One could argue that they were on the field for inordinate lengths of time, but they just seemed to sag emotionally and give up big plays instead of making them.

Maybe if we can keep the O on the field longer the D will reach its potential.  Walters does have some work to do, regardless.

The D got over that when they finally brought in Nichols, a qb that at least might be able to move the chains. Honestly the bulk of the playmakers on this team are on the defense and it showed because they made a lot of plays in games late this season, but the offense as per usual pissed them all away. 

The work begins with Walters but doesn't stop there. This is a wall-to-wall mess.

We need better players.  Peach is one of the league leaders in UR penalties during his time in the league, doesn't make him a good player or do anything to our opponents.

I'll take a guy who can do his job whether he barks at people or shakes their hand after the play.  Doesn't matter.  The problem is the collective number of guys who are average or worse CFL players, not personalities. 

Mental toughness is probably what separates good athletes from great ones.

Not saying you're wrong but being a mean player doesn't make him a mentally tough player. In fact it's often the opposite.