what would our record be if Willy hadn't been injured?

Nolby

The only way Willy doesn't get hurt... is in an entirely different offensive system... I think we would be a much better team with a different offense....

My thoughts exactly. Willy doesn't hurt his knee that game, it's only a matter of time before he's hurt during another game. Thankfully he didn't come back this season and let MB have another chance at ruining his career.

I hope come Monday, MB is no longer apart of this team.

The only way Willy doesn't get hurt... is in an entirely different offensive system... I think we would be a much better team with a different offense....

My thoughts exactly. Willy doesn't hurt his knee that game, it's only a matter of time before he's hurt during another game. Thankfully he didn't come back this season and let MB have another chance at ruining his career.

I really hope so too... the worst thing the team can do right now is drag it on like they did with Etch...

I really hope so too... the worst thing the team can do right now is drag it on like they did with Etch...

Well. As soon as they can would be ideal, that way any OC's looking will see the availability..

BUT they will have to do exit interviews and so forth so maybe not til next friday?

Not a fan of #5, who will be pulling down $400k to play a few games next year - if he passes his physical. So I'm going to speculate that Bombers record would not have looked much different even if he'd stayed healthy. In the 52-26 loss to Ham Willy was 3 of 6 for 48 yds before leaving the game. In the 32-3 loss to Esks we scored a field goal. In the 38-8 loss to Ham he was a non factor etc etc etc ad nauseam - the common denominator is Willy was injured in each of those games. But he did nothing before getting injured. Its a bit of a pattern going back to 2014. I favour more of a dual threat QB. Looking forward to watching Davis today.

Not a fan of #5, who will be pulling down $400k to play a few games next year - if he passes his physical. So I'm going to speculate that Bombers record would not have looked much different even if he'd stayed healthy. In the 52-26 loss to Ham Willy was 3 of 6 for 48 yds before leaving the game. In the 32-3 loss to Esks we scored a field goal. In the 38-8 loss to Ham he was a non factor etc etc etc ad nauseam - the common denominator is Willy was injured in each of those games. But he did nothing before getting injured. Its a bit of a pattern going back to 2014. I favour more of a dual threat QB. Looking forward to watching Davis today.

actually in that game (its where he went down) Hamilton scored on its opening drive, and willy responded and marched the ball down and tied it up,  the game was tied when he went down then hamilton went on to steam roll us with brohm doing sweet f* all.  it was a combo of things though, they recovered an onside kick shortly after returning a int for a TD (davis?) and davis took one to the house on another int at the end of the game, that was 21 points just off turn overs

Willy has to get a mulligan for this year, what with Bellefeuille, a porous O-line, and what can only charitably described as inconsistent running backs and receivers. However, with the type of injury he suffered, there is a real chance that Willy's mobility (which has never been his forte) will be even more diminished, so there had better been some very promising quarterbacks in camp next year.

The Bombers assumed that Willy would have a breakout season this year and paid him for it with a $425K salary next year. He had a contract in place for this season. I doubt he'd get anywhere near $425K if we were negotiating a new contract now. FA QB's this year will be one of Ray or Harris, Lulay and Nichols. Glenn reportedly has a deal with Montreal in place but he could go to FA too.

The Bombers assumed that Willy would have a breakout season this year and paid him for it with a $425K salary next year. He had a contract in place for this season. I doubt he'd get anywhere near $425K if we were negotiating a new contract now. FA QB's this year will be one of Ray or Harris, Lulay and Nichols. Glenn reportedly has a deal with Montreal in place but he could go to FA too.

According to the CFL website saying he's under contract through 2016 with Montreal.  To be fair, the website (which is pretty unreliable at the best of times) only quotes a TSN employee rather than an official press release, so I guess it's possible that he's still ends up as a FA.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/als-acquire-kevin-glenn-in-trade-with-riders