Dominique Davis Named Starting QB vs Argos

Noeller

bb1, you were not alone in your enthusiasm, which in retrospect was unrealistic. I thought we would be at least an 9 & 9 team with Sask and BCfading, but it was all smoke and mirrors.

Thnks Tracker it really looked like with the offseason upgrades that we were on the way.Then reality came crashing down.I gotta hope that the call of Guelph comes through and we start again.
If the Lawless report about O'Shea and Bellefeuille being retained and extended is true, it would be the worst news the team and fans have had in decades.

Can you provide a link for the MB extension report?

I thought it was in Lawless' initial report, but I could have been mistaken. If so, mea culpa- it may have been O'Shea and Walters.

bb1, you were not alone in your enthusiasm, which in retrospect was unrealistic. I thought we would be at least an 9 & 9 team with Sask and BCfading, but it was all smoke and mirrors.

Thnks Tracker it really looked like with the offseason upgrades that we were on the way.Then reality came crashing down.I gotta hope that the call of Guelph comes through and we start again.
If the Lawless report about O'Shea and Bellefeuille being retained and extended is true, it would be the worst news the team and fans have had in decades.
LOL!! The hyperbole gets thicker around here by the day...
If Bellefeuille is extended I'd love to see you guys paint a pretty picture with that.We can be positive that Willy will get hurt.There ya go a little positivety!
Why would we? General concensus here is that he is a huge problem.. I mean really, have you seen anyone actually advocating for his staying??
You mean besides MOS retaining him from last year and keeping him here all this year?You know for a fact MOS is gonna can this guy?
A) who could we have replaced him with? Howell and buck so they could run the same lame duck offense?

B ) rumour has it that oshea wanted to can bellfuielle midseason but was shot down by miller or walters.

As ive said.. Its the general concensus that MB is the reason for our woes on offense.. Not just on the forum but everywhere ive seen the bombers problems discussed. If he is still here next season, oshea is definitely off his rocker.

LOL!! The hyperbole gets thicker around here by the day...
If Bellefeuille is extended I'd love to see you guys paint a pretty picture with that.We can be positive that Willy will get hurt.There ya go a little positivety!
Why would we? General concensus here is that he is a huge problem.. I mean really, have you seen anyone actually advocating for his staying??
You mean besides MOS retaining him from last year and keeping him here all this year?You know for a fact MOS is gonna can this guy?
A) who could we have replaced him with? Howell and buck so they could run the same lame duck offense?

B ) rumour has it that oshea wanted to can bellfuielle midseason but was shot down by miller or walters.

As ive said.. Its the general concensus that MB is the reason for our woes on offense.. Not just on the forum but everywhere ive seen the bombers problems discussed. If he is still here next season, oshea is definitely off his rocker.

How do you know Buck and Howell didn't have their own ideas on how to run an offense?Rumours are not facts.What if MOS states in the offseason that no one better is available?Your last statement I agree with.

I just don't understand what good it does to piss and moan. It's all good...perfectly within your rights to do it, I'm just saying I don't see the need for it and don't gain anything from it. So many on here have become completely irrational and just negative for the sake of being negative. It serves no purpose, other than to make this board virtually unreadable...

I tend to look at it another way if we were all singing roses about this regime would there be any reason to get better?But I respect where your coming from.

This sounds like the management is waiting to hear what you think before deciding on acting or not. I hope I am mis interpreting your statement. If BB mgt is checking the boards or if someone thinks they do, someone is  crazy. 

I'm just hoping Davis has a good game. How he will do in MB's offense will depend on:

A) His mobility and how he can work on the run.

B How fast he can make his reads and get the ball off.

C) How well he can make the right read and not turn the ball over.

If he stays in the pocket he is going to get eaten alive ... eventually.

I'm just hoping Davis has a good game. How he will do in MB's offense will depend on:

A) His mobility and how he can work on the run.

B How fast he can make his reads and get the ball off.

C) How well he can make the right read and not turn the ball over.

If he stays in the pocket he is going to get eaten alive ... eventually.

QBs in MB's offence are not allowed to leave the pocket, they must learn to be a pocket passer.

I think Davis definitely looked better then brohm. Also putting in Nichols despite Brohm being listed 2nd on the depth chart, should be the writing on the wall and his release is coming

I think we could take Huffer outta coaching throw him out there would look better than our curling skip Brohm.....

Considering the guy barely got any reps through out the year and how so many guys took the night off I thought he looked ok and didn't make any mind blowing bad decisions.   

He throws a decent deep ball though his wind up reminded me of Richie Williams.

I'm not sure if the o line was playing solid or if the Argos simply were just laying off but he didn't really face that much pressure in the pocket so that helped alot.

If you break it down

Edmonton

Dunigan

Allen

Ham

Crandell

Ray

Calgary

Garcia

Dickenson

Mitchell

Burris

BC

Flutie

Lulay

Saskatchewan

Durant

Winnipeg

McManus

Ottawa

Joseph

Las Vegas

Calvillo

Burris started in Regina didn't he?

No, with the Stamps in 1997.

Davis didn't remind anyone of the second coming of Doug Flutie or Ronnie Lancaster, but he looked like he knew what he was doing, tossed a few good passes and generally made some good decisions. In short, he looked way better than Brohm ever did or Marve. Better than our Edmonton retread. So how come it takes this far into the season before he gets a chance? Had he been eased into the lineup, he certainly would not have been worse than Brohm on Brohm's best day, and that realization means that whoever was making that decision was totally incompetent and needs to be given the bum's rush.

Davis didn't remind anyone of the second coming of Doug Flutie or Ronnie Lancaster, but he looked like he knew what he was doing, tossed a few good passes and generally made some good decisions. In short, he looked way better than Brohm ever did or Marve. Better than our Edmonton retread. So how come it takes this far into the season before he gets a chance? Had he been eased into the lineup, he certainly would not have been worse than Brohm on Brohm's best day, and that realization means that whoever was making that decision was totally incompetent and needs to be given the bum's rush.

Well, coaches have favourites. Brohm always has been the golden haired boy on this team. Given more chances to make this team than a one legged Canadian receiver with no fingers & a torn knee ligament.

Well, coaches have favourites. Brohm always has been the golden haired boy on this team. Given more chances to make this team than a one legged Canadian receiver with no fingers & a torn knee ligament.

If anything one thing is going to sink O'Shea it would be his inability or refusal to hire, keep and play the best people.

somebody on the team appears to be a bad evaluator of who has the ability to play. Same thing goes for some of the wierd stuff on defence.... cutting guys that played well, playing guys that didn't.

That's what I'm starting to think. They can't tell the good players from the bad.

Why did they bother even dressing Brohm last night? They would have been better served to leave him behind to pack and dressed another special teams person.

Wait till MOS brings him back next year

Wouldnt it technically be up to Walters to bring back a player??

Why did they bother even dressing Brohm last night? They would have been better served to leave him behind to pack and dressed another special teams person.

No I would think it is up to the coach who he wants back.You think someone tells Huffer who should play for him?

No I would think it is up to the coach who he wants back.You think someone tells Huffer who should play for him?

Bad example... Hufnagel is also the GM...