Around the NHL

The #NHLJets also announce that Paul Postma has been assigned to the Manitoba Moose on a conditioning stint. Has played in just two games

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Is this actually verified or just your opinion?  I could see why they would say no, but just curious if it is verified.  How about we throw in Chase DeLeo too?

Opinion because for some reason because Drouin was a top 3 pick, apparently that means his value is higher even tho he's basically done nothing except asked to be traded. 

His value is lower because of that. Yzerman has said that he wants a young player in return, similar to Drouin, aka a guy making not a ton of money cuz Tampa has no cap space right now. The name Fabbri from St Louis was thrown out there, Fabbri, Petan... what's the difference really. Both are prospects just like Drouin still is. 

I don't think I'd add De Leo, I think De Leo is a guy who they could call up shortly to the main roster. Petan won't be, he was healthy scratched with Kostalek for being late to a practice. And quite frankly, I don't think Tampa does it because they don't have the cap space for both Petan and De Leo right now. 

Edited by Goalie

Not verified at all but if you listen to the analysts, he'll get more than Petan.

He asked for a trade in November so, I am guessing Chevy has inquired what it would take; however, Drouin making it public puts a bit of spin on it hurting Yzerman's leverage with other teams. Drouin is on an ELC. TB has the leverage with Drouin.

I'd trade De Leo and Petan for Drouin but I'd rather see Ladd wrapped up in a trade if we are going to make one. Petan and De Leo are playing well on the Moose right now, let them develop.

Wow, you'd take Petan over Ehlers? Not me.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Islanders haven't been nearly as good as most people thought they would be. Tavares is way under-performing, which I guess should have been expected after I took him with my 1st pick in fantasy.

Tavares, Crosby, Stamkos...

Superstars not named Ovie aren't doing so hot this season!

No to Higgins. Just a shell if his former self. Hell no to ehlers for Drouin. Little known fact... Allan Walsh is Drouins agent... same guy Frolik had and pav has. Pain in the ass.  Not sure what some expected From a 19 yr old. He's playing just fine. If he wasn't jets would have let him play for Denmark at the junior tourney. Ehlers is gaining so much playing against men and will be better for it next year. Drouin has really proven nothing and I doubt Tampa gets what they want in return for him. 

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

No to Higgins. Just a shell if his former self. Hell no to ehlers for Drouin. Little known fact... Allan Walsh is Drouins agent... same guy Frolik had and pav has. Pain in the ass.  Not sure what some expected From a 19 yr old. He's playing just fine. If he wasn't jets would have let him play for Denmark at the junior tourney. Ehlers is gaining so much playing against men and will be better for it next year. Drouin has really proven nothing and I doubt Tampa gets what they want in return for him. 

Ehlers is a rookie.  If he could go to the Moose, however, they would have sent him there already.

National Post Sports –  ‏@npsport

Gary Bettman’s push for public arena funds — for benefit of wealthy #Flames owners — displays next-level gumption  

http://natpo.st/1ng21bb

Yeah, c'mon Calgary, don't you know what's good for you?

Bravo to Nenshi and counsel fo not getting pushed around by the mighty NHL.

That Bettman...

I'm a really big proponent of getting this new sports complex built for both the Flames and Stamps, but there is absolutely no way Nenshi should get pushed around by  Bettman, so I'm glad he's standing ground on this. Still....something desperately needs to get done. Both those facilities are long past their best-before date, and with Edmonton getting a sweet new arena/entertainment district downtown next year, Calgary will HAVE to do something because there is nothing they despise more than being behind Edmonton in anything.

Im all for public investment to a degree because the public benefits.  But billionaire owners cant go hat in hand and expect to have the public foot the bill.  I like TN's deal to build MTSC.  The provincial contributions were long recouped through increased taxes years ago.  It made sense and the owners still contributed a large amount of money.  And continue to contribute a large amount to upgrade the facility.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im all for public investment to a degree because the public benefits.  But billionaire owners cant go hat in hand and expect to have the public foot the bill.  I like TN's deal to build MTSC.  The provincial contributions were long recouped through increased taxes years ago.  It made sense and the owners still contributed a large amount of money.  And continue to contribute a large amount to upgrade the facility.

Ehhh most of the cost the city would have to put up is the land... which is a **** hole right now anyway.