Around the NHL

I understand the idea of Copp as untouchable. I mean, sure if someone blows your socks off with an offer you consider it. But no one will. He's a very good bottom

Six guy. He's very young. He could be the 4th line center for 15 years. It's an important role. You don't trade talented young players if you can help it.

I guess we have a different opinion of "untouchable". After the Gretzky trade, nobody is untouchable. If a quality LHD came up to grab and Copp was part of the trade, I wouldn't think twice. Burmi can take his place...he should be there anyway. Copp's playing better than he is, considering.

And he's Trouba BFF

So was Bogosian. Copp is nowhere near untouchable. I doubt they would move him but let's be realistic... If the right deal came along then they would move him.

As for Enstrom, that would have to be a deal made after we are out of contention (we're still in it) because you aren't going to get a better roster player back. Picks and prospects sure but not a guy who is a better player right now.

On 18/12/2015 at 4:39 PM, Ducky said:

He has a full NMC and who the hell are you putting on the left side?

Trouba, Stuart and Chiarot?

Stop putting so much emphasis on left side, right side. We also have Morrisey in the wings, or did you forget? Teams don't draft or develop players on whether they shot left or right so get over it.

1 hour ago, Blueballz said:

Stop putting so much emphasis on left side, right side. We also have Morrisey in the wings, or did you forget? Teams don't draft or develop players on whether they shot left or right so get over it.

How many D men you know playing their off side? Your comments tell me you don't know much about the sport.

First half of the last paragraph...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/12/19/penguins-looking-for-a-way-to-turn-around-their-fortunes?token=22c731ab29beb73b22d0da52c3ba5fec

All eyes are on Columbus forward Ryan Johansen and we’ve been told there is a ton of interest. The Minnesota Wild and Jets are believed to be among the teams that have been kicking tires. He has been in the doghouse since coach John Tortorella arrived and the 23-year-old’s his ice time has taken a hit. The Jackets aren’t shopping Johansen, who has a deal that runs through next season with a $4 million cap hit, but GM Jarmo Kekalainen isn’t hanging up on anybody who inquires either. He was a healthy scratch Thursday against the Avalanche but returned to play on the top line Saturday night. You can’t trade a guy if you don’t play him because you devalue the player

2 hours ago, Blueballz said:

Well seeing as I have actually played the for 15 years,and have friends in the league yeah I think I'd have a lil more insight.

I have friends in the league too :) none play for the Jets tho. One plays for the NYI. Not Hamonic. One plays for Washington... ok Hershey currently and one Plays for the Blackhawks and It's not Toews.  Small world. Friends might be the wrong word Tho. More like guys I either played with or basically knew through other friends. 

I'm no expert but it seems to be different for different players. Shane Hnidy indicated it wasn't a huge deal.  But it that was always true in every case then we would never have had three top RHD with a weak left side  so I suspect it matters depending on the players involved  

I remember Trouba's rookie year when Bogo played his off side and some attributed his slip that year to that reason. 

I think it is good that Chevy asked about RyJo (he was rumored to be in on Stastny a couple of years back too) ...after reading more on him, my only concern would be his heart and whether it might be an issue. The next contract this guy signs will be huge so you have to really do your homework. Probably end up with the Wild or the Preds at TD or off-season.

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm no expert but it seems to be different for different players. Shane Hnidy indicated it wasn't a huge deal.  But it that was always true in every case then we would never have had three top RHD with a weak left side  so I suspect it matters depending on the players involved  

I remember Trouba's rookie year when Bogo played his off side and some attributed his slip that year to that reason. 

Yeah it was playing on Bogo's off side that made him "slip".   If you believe that one I've got a bridge here in Kelowna to sell you.

Trouba and Copp grew up together,Bogo was Troubas party buddy, hence why bogo was shipped out when nobody expected him to be. 

Copp and Troubas brother now live with Trouba here in Winnipeg. Yup. Jets hired Troubas brother TJ... he's part of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Academy...

Trust me, there is a reason the Jets drafted Copp and hired Troubas brother and shipped Bogo out of town. All i will say is Bogo was not a good influence. 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Now now..when I posted similar things I was torched because I didn't have video evidence and because he was a Jet it was treason for me to speak ill.

Now that he's gone apparently we can all trash Bogo. Funny double standard.

I made a subtle joke about Bogo once and got in some hot water with the mods! :P