Grey Cup Halftime Show is Fall Out Boy

mikey d

I've just never been a fan of the emo pop-punk genre... just listening to these songs Jpan posted... sounds like they've added some electronic, auto-tune stuff into their music... which IMO downgrades it even more... though Uma Thurman is a funny song title... with a band like this it just seems like theatrics and entertainment are more important than the actual music...

How this for a timely reference... wasn't the bass player dating (married??) to Jessica Simpson's sister??... yeah that's right, the kids say I'm hip... and I'm only 29... I can imagine what the 50+ crowd thinks of this announcement...

I like that Dean Broady is the kickoff performer

The Sirius XM Kickoff Show is highlighted by Canadian country music star Dean Brody. A 2014 Juno Award winner and 10-time CCMA Award-winning recording artist, Brody’s most recent album Gypsy Road has earned him his second platinum single, “Bring Down The House.”

I couldn't care less who it is.  Just came here to see the complaining.

One of my favorite parts of every Grey Cup and Super Bowl is reading all the complaining on twitter when the act is announced, and during the actual performance.

I don't normally get too bothered by half time performers... I thought Imagine Dragons was ok last year... I was just hoping for something that I would enjoy since I'll actually be there... but alas, such are the breaks... I've calmed down now, probably would've been beneficial if I wasn't near a computer at the time of this announcement ;)  

I've just never been a fan of the emo pop-punk genre... just listening to these songs Jpan posted... sounds like they've added some electronic, auto-tune stuff into their music... which IMO downgrades it even more... though Uma Thurman is a funny song title... with a band like this it just seems like theatrics and entertainment are more important than the actual music...

How this for a timely reference... wasn't the bass player dating (married??) to Jessica Simpson's sister??... yeah that's right, the kids say I'm hip... and I'm only 29... I can imagine what the 50+ crowd thinks of this announcement...

I thought lip syncing ashley simpson married n had the front man from good Charlotte s baby. Can I be hip too at 33

Realistically you aren't going to get an act that appeases everyone.  There are those that will complain, those that will announce their excitement, and the majority that may or may not think it's ideal but will enjoy the show for what it is: a 12-15 minute act that is meant to entertain and get the crowd watching having a good time, which Fall Out Boy should do just fine. 

What's wrong with fall out boy? Pretty sure some would complain regardless. They Are a pretty popular band. Several good songs. Not sure what the issue is

a pop-punk band that was popular 10 years ago... that's fine if you're ok with that... I'm not...

I don't pretend to be a modern pop music expert... but I honestly haven't heard these guys in the news in years...

They just won a MTV Video award for best rock video.  Since MTV caters to the 16 - 24 year old crowd I'm pretty sure they are still relevant.

I couldn't care less who it is.  Just came here to see the complaining.

One of my favorite parts of every Grey Cup and Super Bowl is reading all the complaining on twitter when the act is announced, and during the actual performance.

I've been to five Grey Cups (four in Vancouver) and I think the only half-time act I watched was in Calgary in 2000 when the Guess Who was performing, but that was because the guy beside me had spilled his beer and I was frozen to my metal seat.

U know as much as I think chad krueger is a ****** canoe, I took my one of my kids to pretty wreckless n nickleback in march, much to my surprise they put on a good show - covering metallicas master of puppets n panteras walk did it for me. They probably one of the few rock acts that could appeal to a wide age range. *I feel dirty saying that

The whole point of the half time act is to bring in an audience that isn't there for the football already (why Bieber was a perfect choice) and if you're telling me that Fall Out Boy is relevant again (I honestly had no idea they'd done anything since 2003) then this is a great option. And Brody for the opener will be cool. His piece of **** "Bring Down The House" aside, he's a solid Country radio act right now...