Grey Cup Halftime Show is Fall Out Boy

mikey d

With geddy lee being in toronto for the jays game (and I think it was publicized a little) could the CFL GC committee that looks after this stuff have been in works with rush for a half time show?

**edit: oh wait its gonna be an american band... ugh green day, september ended billy joe's up

Plus Rush only plays here every 30 years so its not Rush.

Hozier? Never heard of them.

im not familiar with Hozier other then he played SNL not too long ago, is it pronounced like Hoser but with a bit of an accent?  in all seriousness I dont think hes refered to as a band as a solo artist (last name is Hozier-Byrne).  maybe its Buckcherry from playing the Oak to playin the big time in like a months time. could happen

actually Buck Cherry wouldn't be a terrible choice... they only play 3ish songs anyways... come out and play "crazy *****" and "lit up" and I'm sure they have another popular song... good party band

The Watchmen

heard this rumour floating around too... would be underwhelming... speaking of underwhelmed, Sloan would be a cool choice... referring to the song underwhelmed, not the feeling...

EDIT: just read that TrueBlue reminded us it's not a Canadian act... so forget the Watchmen and Sloan...

well about an hour till they announce it apparently. Not that I really care about who the half time act is, but the music nerd in me says "**** please don't let it be a ****** band like Hozier"...

Yeah, only reason I care is because I don't want to give CFL haters another reason to tell us "CFL SUCKS!"

well about an hour till they announce it apparently. Not that I really care about who the half time act is, but the music nerd in me says "**** please don't let it be a ****** band like Hozier"...

Yeah, only reason I care is because I don't want to give CFL haters another reason to tell us "CFL SUCKS!"

This...100% this....

To play devils advocate. The bands long time CFL fans would like to see would make the CFL hater say "CFL sucks". I don't think Hozier would. I am still call the band I said a week ago Owl City is half time show though.

What's wrong with fall out boy? Pretty sure some would complain regardless. They Are a pretty popular band. Several good songs. Not sure what the issue is

a pop-punk band that was popular 10 years ago... that's fine if you're ok with that... I'm not...

I don't pretend to be a modern pop music expert... but I honestly haven't heard these guys in the news in years...

What's wrong with fall out boy? Pretty sure some would complain regardless. They Are a pretty popular band. Several good songs. Not sure what the issue is

a pop-punk band that was popular 10 years ago... that's fine if you're ok with that... I'm not...

I don't pretend to be a modern pop music expert... but I honestly haven't heard these guys in the news in years...

They just released a new album and are kicking off a tour. They're pretty relevant. Not my style, but I know people who will be thrilled.