Week 15 - Sask @ BC - (Calgary 23 Hamilton 20)

Mr Dee

Jason Maas moving up in the coaching ranks quickly, not long before some team gives him a crack at HC.  It won't happen in Ottawa.

Ways to go yet. Likely needs to at least get to the GC as an OC. Let's see if he can develop a young qb. 

By the time he proves that he will be another teams HC.   Opportunities will be plentiful in the off-season, BC, Sask., Mtl. and potentially Wpg. all looking for HC candidates.  Pickings are going to be slim, I would bet within 2 years Maas, Steinhauer and Thorpe are HC's somewhere.

As far as the qb situation goes for Montreal, Henoc Muamba was a great signing... Those Als qbs are the worst by far in the CFL. But hey, they got their linebacker. 

so does Montreal try to sign an existing CFL qb? or bring in someone from US? Maybe Ricky Ray to Montreal next season?

As far as the qb situation goes for Montreal, Henoc Muamba was a great signing... Those Als qbs are the worst by far in the CFL. But hey, they got their linebacker.

so does Montreal try to sign an existing CFL qb? or bring in someone from US? Maybe Ricky Ray to Montreal next season?

I think Ray or Glenn to Montreal makes lots of sense. Possibly Matt Nichols as well.

I could see that... makes sense for Toronto to continue with Harris and Mtl could use Ray as a stop-gap for a few years...

Ray is still under contract for next year, isn't he? Would Toronto trade Ray within the division? Or try to trade him out West. SK could be in the market for a QB next year if they decide Durant doesn't have the durability anymore.

I believe Ray is a free agent after this season.

You're right.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/argos-announce-extension-for-ricky-ray-through-2015

MISSISSAUGA -- The Toronto Argonauts have rewarded their Grey Cup-winning quarterback with a new contract extension that will see the future hall of famer in Double Blue through 2015.

Will be interesting to see how much a 35 year old Ray will get on the open market.

Ray is still under contract for next year, isn't he? Would Toronto trade Ray within the division? Or try to trade him out West. SK could be in the market for a QB next year if they decide Durant doesn't have the durability anymore.

You're right.

MISSISSAUGA -- The Toronto Argonauts have rewarded their Grey Cup-winning quarterback with a new contract extension that will see the future hall of famer in Double Blue through 2015.

Will be interesting to see how much a 35 year old Ray will get on the open market.

Henry was older and do you remember what he fetched.

You're right.

Henry was older and do you remember what he fetched.

I think the rumours were that he signed for 400k+ per year.

Ray is still under contract for next year, isn't he?   Would Toronto trade Ray within the division?  Or try to trade him out West.  SK could be in the market for a QB next year if they decide Durant doesn't have the durability anymore.

Wouldn't Wpg be in the market for the same reason?

Durant is 33.  Willy is 28.

Durant has gone out to injury 2 years in a row now and you have to wonder how many years he has left in him at his age.   Willy is really just entering his prime years as a QB.

Of course I'm not sure how much sense it makes trading in an injured 33 year old Durant for an injured 35 (soon to be 36)year old Ray.

I think that performance last night pushes Hank to the top of the list as far as MOP candidates.  Everyone keeps waiting for this cinderella story to take a turn, but I honestly think the Redblacks have a real shot at taking the East!  And in no way am I saying I predicted this.  I had Ottawa missing the playoffs again!  

I think that performance last night pushes Hank to the top of the list as far as MOP candidates.  Everyone keeps waiting for this cinderella story to take a turn, but I honestly think the Redblacks have a real shot at taking the East!  And in no way am I saying I predicted this.  I had Ottawa missing the playoffs again!  

I agree... there isn't a whole lot seperating Ott, Tor, and Ham right now... and Ham might be at the biggest disadvantage without Collaros...