New Receiver Added

BomberBall

No, there's no question...people are just too caught up in Brohm/Marve/Nichols to remember, but MBs offence with Drew Willy was really good. Now, you can say that maybe, with Willy and a better offence, they'd be world beaters.....but my point is only that MBs offence *DID* look really good with DW running it.

I'm thinking it had more to do with Willy being a good QB and finding people to throw to then it was MB offensive schemes.

This is a fair statement.......and I'm by no means a MB supporter....

No, there's no question...people are just too caught up in Brohm/Marve/Nichols to remember, but MBs offence with Drew Willy was really good. Now, you can say that maybe, with Willy and a better offence, they'd be world beaters.....but my point is only that MBs offence *DID* look really good with DW running it.

Hate to pile on, but no, MB's offences did not look really good.  They looked adequate at best.  All MB needs for success is to have the very best people perform at near flawless levels and then, he looks like a good OC.  Of course one could also describe that situation as very skilled people doing well despite of the system, not because of it.  

MB needs to go at season's end if O'Shea wants any chance of being the HC of the Bombers beyond this year.  It might be too late for that even now, but my gut tells me that if O'Shea dumps MB asap after season's end, he'll be kept around for the start of 2016.  If MB is still on the payroll by December, I'm thinking that Walters has little choice but to pull the plug on the whole thing.

I think MOS will be here next year for sure, guaranteed. Just cuz 6 people on a message board think otherwise, it doesn't make it so.

I do think MB is gone tho, I think it's a matter of time really... just counting down the days really... 

I think MOS is a good coach, i think he's learning, i think he's in a tough spot right now, say your fire MB now, there isn't enough time to change the playbook, you can't create a new one in a week, it just won't happen... we still have a bye coming up and yeah i believe it's b4 the last game of the year but... i feel MB will be let go then.

I think Noeller was also just saying in a nutshell, but being a lot nicer about it...

DW made chicken salad out of chicken crap. 

I think MOS will be here next year for sure, guaranteed. Just cuz 6 people on a message board think otherwise, it doesn't make it so.

I do think MB is gone tho, I think it's a matter of time really... just counting down the days really... 

I think MOS is a good coach, i think he's learning, i think he's in a tough spot right now, say your fire MB now, there isn't enough time to change the playbook, you can't create a new one in a week, it just won't happen... we still have a bye coming up and yeah i believe it's b4 the last game of the year but... i feel MB will be let go then.

I think Noeller was also just saying in a nutshell, but being a lot nicer about it...

DW made chicken salad out of chicken crap. 

I think the only way I could see you being wrong here is if Walters does, in fact, head to Guelph... if we hire a new GM I would think he would have to bring in his own coaches... actually, I would hope he would... I don't want a GM that doesn't have complete control of football ops...

It was efficient at moving the ball, but I wouldn't say it looked really good. We weren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard.

For sure the O has not scored enough - that is the real elephant in the room with this club - even with Drew Willy starting. If you take a look at games where Winnipeg scored more than one lousy TD, often it was D or ST who stepped up with a pick or return to help out. Or we have relied on placekicking to score. Certainly that was the case early in 2014 when Bombers put together a few wins and folks thought Drew Willy was the second coming. The fact is, in several of those 5 early wins in 2014 the O got help scoring from other parts of the team. With the odd exception, by itself, the O has hardly put up enough points to win the game. I guess you could call it efficient but that's faint praise. The O doesn't scare anyone, even with Drew Willy in there.

Lets not kid ourselves.....Drew Willy makes this O......passible.  That is it.   We have a number of endemic and ongoing problems with this Marcel O.

Willy....by his ability to find the open guy, and willingness to stand in the pocket long enough to find them (and getting a pounding) can mitigate some of those problems....but only to a certain point.

...until he gets hurt again....

See this is what happens when we've seen such shitty offenses for so long, we forget what really good actually looks like and the bar just gets lowered too much. With Willy I'd say the offense can be passable, but it's a far cry from really good. If it was really good Hamilton and Edmonton wouldn't have pwned it like they did. 

I think there's a middle ground between what most people are saying here and "best in the league"....people are so caught up in the most recent O performances that they're forgetting what things looked like with Drew Willy. But it's okay...I'm not a MB supporter and agree we need an upgrade badly. I was just making a passing comment.

Dominique Davis to Cone ... hopefully he's not a pylon. ;)

Doesn't look like he's that fast, lucky the endzone arrived when it did or some of those D backs may have tracked him down.

Remember hes running away from NFL dbs. Those guys are generally among the fastest on the team. 

hes reputed to have great football smarts, great athletic ability, and has awesome size. All that is not a surprise from an un drafted mediocre production college guy who stuck in the nfl with as many looks for as long as he did. Raw tools, check. Now lets see him in some game action and see if he can translate it. Allways fun to have guys with the big potential around. Never hurts to look.