U of Guelph courting Kyle Walters

gbill2004

Has our Cdn content really improved?  Chungh is 'decent' but Goossen can't seem to break through.  Neufeld is very average.  No other option than Picard...

Kohlert, JFG and Bastien are not striking fear into any D.

Pontbriand, Cronk, Rempel... ugh.

Too much faith in Morgan, Waggoner, Briggs? 

Walters had a chance to bring in Glenn or to find a solid backup - went with Brohm and Marve

We all saw that there were problems with Bellefuile's offence last year... Walters stuck with status quo

Very thin at import receiver and import running back...  these are relatively easy positions to scout

Lin-J Shell, Walker, Kuale, Korey Banks... weak.  Do his big name signings outweigh the stinkers?  I'd say its even.

Edit:  Oh man, I forgot Romby, Aaron Kelly, Donovan Alexander...

League's garbage heap right there

Let Walters walk. I honestly would rather have O'shea retained and have a different GM with an ability to find Americans. O'shea has his hands tied with MB and our QB situation. It's coach killing, but really it should be GM killing. Get me Murphy and Thorpe. I would even be happy to have some guys that are dinks like Jones from Edmonton or Tillman; at least they're winners. 

Canadian content seems improved under walters, the american content is not tho.

picard is better then morley, chungh better then whomever we had platooning at guard before him. greaves was a weak link and was moved for assets. westermann has been the biggest impact signing in the league imo. One of the best DEs AND hes canadian.

Hurl is an upgrade over Kuale, Waggoner is coming along nicely (anyone expecting more is clued out) and our other depth guys are adequate defensively (ST a different story lol with exception of Waggoner) but others like Jones and Sherman are solid.

JFG and Kohlert are both good for canadian receivers. Not stellar, not great but good. bastian is still a question mark as is Richards..

Thomas and Westermann are both very good dlineman for what is expected of them.

All in all, I agree. Our Canadian content is really not that horrendous. We lack an impact canuck on offense a la cornish, brett jones or formerly watson.

american scouting has turned up Bass, Johnson, Adams, Cole,and Leggett on defense but has struggled on offense with veltung and Marshall (i believe) being only bright spots. that said, Kyle has also done well bringing in quality americans with trades and free agnecy. Bryant is still one of the best tackles, Nichols will be an adequate #2, Paris cotton was a find off the trash heap and darvin adams up til the last few games was excellent. Boyd looks to be a very legit prospect with tools in his bag to play in the cfl. We still lack some game changers on offense tho for sure. Defensively Simmons was a nice snag and Lin J Shell was a shrewd signing as well..

so really when you look at it, there is a very good core of players walters has brought in. Is it perfect? No. Is any GMs roster? No. Has Kyle stood pat? No.

The walters hate is really misplaced. Getting upset that a centre has taken two seasons of seasoning to look meh is more common place then people want to admit to. His glaring weakness was scouting QBs but landing Willy, nichols and boyd could and may very well shore that up. If Nichols heads for other pastures then we are back to square one depthwise so I would assume getting him a new contract would be key.

I get people are pissed and want to blame everyone but after looking at our roster and our inability to be successful in any aspects other then defense, I think it really rests on the shoulders of Oshea and Bellfool.