Overtaking the Lions & Alouettes

BigBlue

Yup.. Doesn't sound like Cato will be back for this upcoming game..

Marsh or Crompton it is, Not really too worried about either of them.

Hoping for Marsh but not too scared of crompton should he be healthy by then..

Truth be told, how well our defense has played and with cato coming back to earth a bit... Id even think we have a heck of a shot against him as well..

A pretty sad state of affairs in the CFL where there are two teams as bad as BC and Sask and we might still scrape into the playoffs.

...this is how the cfl has been for how many seasons?

Nope the CFL is the only league in the world with bad teams. Every other league only has good teams.

The Cleveland Browns say HELLO! :)

A pretty sad state of affairs in the CFL where there are two teams as bad as BC and Sask and we might still scrape into the playoffs.

Nope the CFL is the only league in the world with bad teams. Every other league only has good teams.

Now that Kevin Costner is their GM, they are going to be just fine.  I hear he's a wizard at manipulating the draft.

Now that Kevin Costner is their GM, they are going to be just fine.  I hear he's a wizard at manipulating the draft.

He should be fired for that Manzell (approximate) draft pick last year. That was a flaming bag of footballs that need to be deflated. 

The Washington (somewhat racist) somethings SAY HI and "I'll never change my name even if the copyright is not enforceable". 

I'm going to say 5 wins as well, all 3 home games and the road games in BC & Mtl.

9 - 9 seems crazy but I think Nichols presence has made the entire team 100% better. He may not be the greatest QB in the league but the guys a winner.

I think the combination of breaking the losing streak and having a capable QB in town will really help the guys relax and get back to business.  9-9 still seems like a stretch to me, but if they win this next game in Montreal and get on a roll, anything is possible.

If Nichols takes the Bombers to the playoffs I'm okay with Marcel staying on as OC and there being a legit competition between Willy and Nichols next year for starting QB, if Nichols re-signed.

Seriously? If Matt Nichols plays good enough to even be considered competition for Drew Willy there's no way he re-signs here. I can't even imagine a situation where Matt Nichols is considered legit competition to Drew Willy .

With Drew Willy as our QB, we beat the Riders 40-7 last week so let's not get crazy here.

If Nichols takes the Bombers to the playoffs I'm okay with Marcel staying on as OC and there being a legit competition between Willy and Nichols next year for starting QB, if Nichols re-signed.

Seriously? If Matt Nichols plays good enough to even be considered competition for Drew Willy there's no way he re-signs here. I can't even imagine a situation where Matt Nichols is considered legit competition to Drew Willy .

With Drew Willy as our QB, we beat the Riders 40-7 last week so let's not get crazy here.

Whole lotta this. If Nichols somehow plays well enough to carry us on a run, he's going to become a prized commodity during FA period next year and could be a #1 for someone....but it won't be us. I'm hoping the best for him, obviously, but Nichols isn't anywhere close to Willy. Willy will be our #1 in camp next year, and the Bombers' only goal should be finally putting together an OL and schemes to keep the poor bastard healthy for 18 games.

The O scored what? 1 td last week. Not exactly lighting it up.

In fairness, Nichols hasn't exactly had a ton of time to prep either. New to the system, new to the players. I'm not saying he's going to be a dynamo, 'cause I don't believe that, but last week should not be the litmus test...

True but... basically like you said... it was 1 game. Ya it was an impressive second half against the worst D in the league, I just think some of these posts can't be serious if they think Nichols is gonna be our starter next year. This is Drew Willys team. Nichols is probably here for the rest of the year and then signs elsewhere. If not .. Willy Nichols is fine with me but he ain't taking Drews job that's for sure

Marcel should be gone even if we make the playoffs. He's a piss poor oc and his schemes cause QBs to take to many hits.

Purely hypothetical, but what if the offense lights up the CFL under Nichols?  Could that possibly suggest Marcel wasn't the problem?

We have a whole lot of other years where Marcel has run an offence to base his performance on not just his time here. He's a problem, the only question is whether there is anyone better available and willing to come to Winnipeg.