Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

A lot of you folks want to hang on to O'Shea the way O'Shea hangs on to the guys he likes. No real reason for it. You just like the guy.

Yeah, if anything the MOS Kool Aid Drinkers here should understand why their boy sticks to a loser like MB because they do the same for MOS. "WE LIKE MIKE". Well, Mike likes MB.  Classic. LOL!!

Bombers braintrust, including MOS Walters and Miller have no clue on offence. And so the choice of the next OC is an important one. Hopefully that person will design the offence around a dual threat QB - who is yet to be found.

Shouldn't he design the O around Drew Willy's skill set?

Bombers braintrust, including MOS Walters and Miller have no clue on offence. And so the choice of the next OC is an important one. Hopefully that person will design the offence around a dual threat QB - who is yet to be found.

And be competent enough to make adjustments in his scheme if personnel change due to injury or circumstance.   Enough of trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. 

How does anyone know what Drew Willy actually wanted?

Maybe his wife knows what he really thinks. We don't.

Unless someone did the mind meld on him.

Did anyone notice Mike O'Shea arguing with the ref at the end of the half the other day about time on the clock? couple of seconds left no chance of scoring?

what was that about?

Did anyone notice Mike O'Shea arguing with the ref at the end of the half the other day about time on the clock? couple of seconds left no chance of scoring?

what was that about?

yeah we got screwed there...and good on him arguing....go long...get  a PI call and you kick a field goal to close the half...smart on his part

Well, I'm throwing it out there that, unfortunately, Winnipeg likely needs a new starter. Someone more mobile and who reads and delivers the ball quicker and from different launch points. Of the limited number of wins Bombers have had past 2 years, relatively few have been due to outstanding QB play. Wins have been greatly assisted by outstanding play of D and ST - who scored needed points. Bomber fans are so starved for good QB play at even average looks good. Here's another hard truth: unfortunately that broken leg isn't going to make Drew Willy any faster or nimble, post recovery. And with the obligation to pay him $400k next year ... well the Bombers are actually in a bit of a pickle at QB. That's a lot of money and commitment tied up in a question mark. Obviously Marcel isn't up to it and what's really scary is that there's no evidence MOS Walters or Miller can even diagnose, let alone remedy, what ails the O. But it starts and ends at QB and IMHO we haven't been trustworthy at that position.

An offense should be designed for the types of players you have. MB's offense doesn't do that. He's run the same O in Sask, Montreal & Hamilton. I've seen Willy do fakes & at times turn his back  to the play doing these fakes & then have to try to find an open receiver. That means Willy who holds onto the ball too long at the best of times has to hold onto it even longer. Look at what the top offenses do. Their qbs never turn their back to the defense on a pass. They rely on quick hitters, getting the ball out fast & spreading things out all over the field. If 40 year old Hank Burris in Ottawa & a 24 year old rookie qb Josh Mathews in Hamilton can do it & have success, then we need to be doing the same. We don't. So we get killed. Defenses love to play us. 

An offense should be designed for the types of players you have. MB's offense doesn't do that. He's run the same O in Sask, Montreal & Hamilton. I've seen Willy do fakes & at times turn his back  to the play doing these fakes & then have to try to find an open receiver. That means Willy who holds onto the ball too long at the best of times has to hold onto it even longer. Look at what the top offenses do. Their qbs never turn their back to the defense on a pass. They rely on quick hitters, getting the ball out fast & spreading things out all over the field. If 40 year old Hank Burris in Ottawa & a 24 year old rookie qb Josh Mathews in Hamilton can do it & have success, then we need to be doing the same. We don't. So we get killed. Defenses love to play us. 

I don't know what kind of chemistry Marcel and Willy have had. Willy wanted his OC on the sidelines and Marcel appeared reluctant - but agreed. Then as soon as Willy gets injured again (which is fairly often BTW) and the next QB installed, Marcel scoots back upstairs.

I don't know what kind of chemistry Marcel and Willy have had. Willy wanted his OC on the sidelines and Marcel appeared reluctant - but agreed. Then as soon as Willy gets injured again (which is fairly often BTW) and the next QB installed, Marcel scoots back upstairs.

Willy has a qb coach to  talk to on the sidelines. MB doesn't have time to  talk to Willy during a game much as he's too busy.

Willy has a qb coach to  talk to on the sidelines. MB doesn't have time to  talk to Willy during a game much as he's too busy.

I think Marcel is challenged to figure out what the other team is doing at the best of times.  Sitting up in the box gives him an entire half to figure out what to do about it.

what was that about?

Maybe Willy knows...he said it in an on air interview

A lot of you folks want to hang on to O'Shea the way O'Shea hangs on to the guys he likes. No real reason for it. You just like the guy.

No. If you actually pay attention to the guy you can see he is media savvy. He also gets a lot from the players under his direction.. Special teams and defense i assume he puts his twist or stamps on.

Hes also a guy who is versed in what a team needs to be in the current cfl.. His only glaring hole I see is that he trusts his coordinators too much. Bellfool was given the keys to the car and now that he has smacked it up, we get to ride this crap box until we can adequately replace him..

But feel free to tell me why I like someone as a coach again plz.

Yeah, if anything the MOS Kool Aid Drinkers here should understand why their boy sticks to a loser like MB because they do the same for MOS. "WE LIKE MIKE". Well, Mike likes MB.  Classic. LOL!!

Having an oc.. Even a horrible one.. Is better then having none. Honestly, who would you have brought in? Bump up two zero experienced assistants? i dont think too many good quality OCs are chomping at the bit to join the bombers mid season.

Beginning of the season? Sure. Shoulda changed. Maybe they even tried to and couldnt entice anyone. maybe we are stuck with MB or less.. At least at the end of the season we have the best chance to land a legit replacement for him..

What I don't want to see is Sask. upstage the Bombers in the off-season by signing a more accomplished coach or coordinators.  If the Bombers doddle again this year with meetings and season reviews, they deserve the leftovers.

Dead on. If the Bombers are going to make the changes as they ought to, they should be making that decision right now, even if it is not going to be announced until later. Otherwise, we are looking at leftovers again. Time to go shopping.

Nobody is available right now. You fire Bellefuile after the season and then talk to people you want too. Nobody is really available to talk to now except lapolice. That's not happening. Better chance he's head coach in sask.

I will say it will be embarrassing if an OC chooses to go to the riders over us.. If we look like a circus.. Ridervilles gotta be the freakshow.

The more I think about it, the more I feel MB has been HC (B) even tho Oshea does the PR. Clearly Osh has expressed disappointment with the O yet does nothing as the HC to change any calls admiting he's got nothing to do with the offense. I have a feeling Oshea n MB will be let go together and hall will be promoted this offseason based on results. In essence cutting our STC n OC but making our DC the new figure head and let him bring in who he wants

The more I think about it, the more I feel MB has been HC ( B) even tho Oshea does the PR. Clearly Osh has expressed disappointment with the O yet does nothing as the HC to change any calls admitting he's got nothing to do with the offense. I have a feeling Oshea n MB will be let go together and hall will be promoted this off-season based on results. In essence cutting our STC n OC but making our DC the new figure head and let him bring in who he wants

Hall is bright and personable and his defence has been the only bright spot this year despite a weak D-line, but his record when a head coach wasn't great, if memory serves. There may have been extenuating factors but if so, I don't know what they would have been.