Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

Agreed. Moore Denmark and Kohlert are all pretty good when used properly and to their strengths... argument could be made that our OC isn't using them to their strengths at all and instead exposing their weaknesses but adams... dude just gives up way too easy. Nichols was brohm bad last night. He actually hasn't been good for a few games now. Last week we won despite our O not because of them. Hope MB is fired during out bye week... make a statement really.... fire him during the bye week. If not... I dunno when but it better happen otherwise... can shut this site down cuz nobody gonna care next year at all.

Matt Nichols WAS a good QB before his injury... now he has happy feet.  Had them in Edmonton, has them here.  Not going to change.  

Willy gets that too sometimes but not as bad and has talent to cover it up.  I've said before he's a poor man's willy... <insert joke here>

Nichols had time last night, all those mistakes were on him and MB's schemes.  OL did their job against a very good DL.

To me, he is like a Bishop option... call him next season if things are absolutely flailing, after trying with a new crew...

Nicholls struggled in Edmonton both this season and last.  Moves the ball reasonably well between the 25 or 30 yard lines, but is not all that capable of leading teams on TD drives, at least, not compared to other QBs in the league.  He is also prone to more turnovers and fumbles than most QBs.  You can find this info. by talking to Esk fans.  He's a backup.  Nothing wrong with bringing him back next year provided the price is right.  $125,000 - $150,000 base salary?

Monday, November 9, 9:00 am ct.

This is what should happen. But considering how long it too O'Shea to fire Etch, firing Bellefeuille could drag on a while. I hope I'm wrong and O'Shea has learned a bit.
Bellefeuille is Miller's boy, not O'Shea's. It's Miller's job to fire him.
Nope. O'Shea is the HC. Guarantee it won't be Miller firing Bellefeuille. O'Shea essentially re-hired Marcel when he took over as HC.

If you were O'Shea and your president/CEO brought in an OC for you how comfortable would you be firing him, especially if your own job was in question? Don't want to P.O. the boss.  ^_^

This is what should happen. But considering how long it too O'Shea to fire Etch, firing Bellefeuille could drag on a while. I hope I'm wrong and O'Shea has learned a bit.
Nope. O'Shea is the HC. Guarantee it won't be Miller firing Bellefeuille. O'Shea essentially re-hired Marcel when he took over as HC.

If you were O'Shea and your president/CEO brought in an OC for you how comfortable would you be firing him, especially if your own job was in question? Don't want to P.O. the boss. ^_^
Don't think that's how it works in managing a pro sports team. Maybe in an office environment you'd see that.

If you were O'Shea and your president/CEO brought in an OC for you how comfortable would you be firing him, especially if your own job was in question? Don't want to P.O. the boss. ^_^
Don't think that's how it works in managing a pro sports team. Maybe in an office environment you'd see that.

You do understand I'm giving O'Shea the benefit of the doubt here? Makes it easier for me to accept that he hasn't fired MB long before now. I mean, someone must want him here. If not MOS, maybe Miller. If it is O'Shea ... well.

You do understand I'm giving O'Shea the benefit of the doubt here? Makes it easier for me to accept that he hasn't fired MB long before now. I mean, someone must want him here. If not MOS, maybe Miller. If it is O'Shea ... well.
Before the season, O'Shea said he wanted Marcel back in order to give Drew Willy another year to grow in the same system.

Grow in that system or get killed in it? Which is it?

Oooh, oooh, I know, I know <waving arm frantically>

Actually, that's a good point. Nichols has been surviving but did you see his uniform yesterday? It was white with wet paint from the rain and the pounding he'd been taking. He's been tough but I wonder if we're starting to see the effects of the smackdown on his ability to play. He was awful yesterday.

I'm no expert but shouldn't the offense look polished at the beginning of the game with all week to work on the plan? Assuming ofcourse the offense has the potential to look polished at all

As a Marcel fan, I cant imagine how he doesn't get canned at the earliest possible opportunity. The only reason MOS might be prevented from canning him is if MOS is going to go too and Walters decides to clean house altogether.

Grow in that system or get killed in it? Which is it?

Oooh, oooh, I know, I know <waving arm frantically>

Actually, that's a good point. Nichols has been surviving but did you see his uniform yesterday? It was white with wet paint from the rain and the pounding he'd been taking. He's been tough but I wonder if we're starting to see the effects of the smackdown on his ability to play. He was awful yesterday.

Happy feet tend to make any QB suck. Even tho the sack tallies are down, the hits and hurries are still there. Recievers seem to take too long to come open or all our quick hits are read and taken away.. Then the happy feet make those even harder as they float or go off target..

Not to mention our stuggles at running the ball still.

There's really no point to firing MB now. It wouldn't change anything. It would still be his O but being run by someone else like Howell or buck. Pointless to can him now. The only plus to canning him now is... to show fans you recognize the O is a problem. Not sure that's enough tho. I think MOS is back next year. I think Walters is too. I don't think MB will be. I could see them firing him as early as after the game this week... we have a bye coming up. Or after the season. Depends on if we are eliminated or not too. We might not be by then even. The run game.... it works when we use it.... was working yesterday but only 8 carries for Marshall. Should have been twice as much. Marshall put up some decent numbers on 8 carries.

I'll say this. I really don't give a crap who the head coach is. It's irrelevant to me. It's not my decision so it's really of no concern to me. With that being said.... I like MOS. Players seem to like him too. But if he refuses to fire MB then MOS needs to go too but.... all signs are there that MOS realizes the O is a problem. He's definitely made it known the O is Marcel and all Marcel and he's made it known he's not happy with the production from the O. My best guess is MB is fired as soon as they are officially eliminated

I'll say this. I really don't give a crap who the head coach is. It's irrelevant to me. It's not my decision so it's really of no concern to me. With that being said.... I like MOS. Players seem to like him too. But if he refuses to fire MB then MOS needs to go too but.... all signs are there that MOS realizes the O is a problem. He's definitely made it known the O is Marcel and all Marcel and he's made it known he's not happy with the production from the O. My best guess is MB is fired as soon as they are officially eliminated

I care who the coach is when it pertains to a jim daley or a tim burke or a greg marshall.. i need to know my coach is capable.

I agree that if MB isnt canned by Oshea then both need to get canned but I feel Oshea should get one more season with a capable OC to prove himself.

A lot of you folks want to hang on to O'Shea the way O'Shea hangs on to the guys he likes. No real reason for it. You just like the guy.

Or some of us have seen what continual housecleaning every two or so years has done to this team.  I see some good things in O'Shea (and no, I'm not a fan.  I wasn't happy when Walters hired him) and I'm willing to see what can happen with him as HC.  This assumes, of course, that he actually hires a competent OC.  If, as has been said, he wants to keep MB after the season, then that tells me everything I need to know. 

A lot of you folks want to hang on to O'Shea the way O'Shea hangs on to the guys he likes. No real reason for it. You just like the guy.

Or some of us have seen what continual housecleaning every two or so years has done to this team.  I see some good things in O'Shea (and no, I'm not a fan.  I wasn't happy when Walters hired him) and I'm willing to see what can happen with him as HC.  This assumes, of course, that he actually hires a competent OC.  If, as has been said, he wants to keep MB after the season, then that tells me everything I need to know. 

The idea that folks who can't do the job for 2 years will suddenly get better in year 3 is fatally flawed. It's better to get rid of them when there are good replacements available (In the Off Season), then it is to keep them on. Keeping MB on this season tells me everything I need to know.

The problem isn't firing guys who can't do their jobs every couple of years. It's hiring guys that we don't know if they can do the job n the first place that's the real problem. As soon as we find a good HC, we should keep him as long as possible. In the meantime get rid of the deadwood and try again.

The idea that folks who can't do the job for 2 years will suddenly get better in year 3 is fatally flawed. It's better to get rid of them when there are good replacements available (In the Off Season), then it is to keep them on. Keeping MB on this season tells me everything I need to know.

The problem isn't firing guys who can't do their jobs every couple of years. It's hiring guys that we don't know if they can do the job n the first place that's the real problem. As soon as we find a good HC, we should keep him as long as possible. In the meantime get rid of the deadwood and try again.

It wasn't only O'Shea that wanted to keep MB it was also Willy...so I guess we should fire him also.

It wasn't only O'Shea that wanted to keep MB it was also Willy...so I guess we should fire him also.

Rookie starting QB's don't choose their own coaches. If that actually happened, it's yet another reason to get rid of O'Shea.

You're kidding...I said that in addition to O'Shea wanting to keep MB so did Willy...I didn't say he got to do the picking! Too bad you can't actually read and comprehend!