Henoc Muamba Released by Colts!

gbill2004

He said it's best used to determine what teams are spending the most and to give an approximation only of the amount of cap room that's available. Makes sense that the Bombers would have the least left under the cap when you consider how they've spent like drunken sailors this year due to their hosting the Grey Cup.

How did they spend like drunken sailors? They signed like 2 guys?

It really amazes me on how dull some folks can be.

I can positively confirm that capgeek cfl is garbage. How can I positively say this you ask? Because, in protest of the fact that Riderfans and Stamps fans were citing absolutely ridiculous numbers from capgeek, I submitted a list of 40 names to capgeek that were completely fictitious. Capgeek published these salaries as being sourced. Numbers I made up off the top of my head. Anyone can do it. Wanna change someone from 500k ayear to 250k a year...just email capgeek. Heck if I got time tomorrow I will submit a new list that PROVES that the Bombers have a million dollars in cap space remaining and that all other teams are over.

Deflated balls...give it up. No one believes for 1 second that you have spoken to Wally about anything. Do you think we all just fell off the turnip truck. The posters here know their stuff. You would do well not to defend a garbage site by trying to back it up with lies.

He said it's best used to determine what teams are spending the most and to give an approximation only of the amount of cap room that's available. 

Are you suggesting that Wally Buono uses CFL CapGeek to keep track of other teams' spending. LMAO

I think that he was suggesting that every time he gets together with Wally for coffee, that they go over the capgeek numbers and discuss them in depth.

Jeebus, I've heard some whoppers on here in my time, but using Wally Buono as a source to backup the credibility of a KNOWN source of false information takes the cake. An all time low.

Walte

When the agent asks for bids from every team it's about the money.  That's how we got Bryant, offered him 20,000 more than the next highest offer.

Walters has done quite well winning auctions for Bryant, Westerman and Waggoner hopefully his luck continues with Henoc and or Wild.

Walters had done quite poorly losing auctions for Collaros, Burris, Lemon, and SVR. Just saying...it's not like he's got the magic touch or something. He loses as many auctions as he wins. We NEED this one. An addition like Henoc would invigorate our organization right now. It's a watershed moment for Walters.

Walte

When the agent asks for bids from every team it's about the money.  That's how we got Bryant, offered him 20,000 more than the next highest offer.

Walters has done quite well winning auctions for Bryant, Westerman and Waggoner hopefully his luck continues with Henoc and or Wild.

Walters had done quite poorly losing auctions for Collaros, Burris, Lemon, and SVR. Just saying...it's not like he's got the magic touch or something. He loses as many auctions as he wins. We NEED this one. An addition like Henoc would invigorate our organization right now. It's a watershed moment for Walters.

Some of those auctions were unwinnable. Collaros got an offer from the Bombers but didn't respond even though it was about the same as what Hamilton offered (he wanted to be closer to home). With Burris, are you suggesting Walters should have matched or gone higher than what Ottawa offered. 

Walte

I would argue that "losing" the Burris auction is actually a win for us.   As an organization, I wouldn't want that albatross tied around my neck.   We also landed the best left tackle available on the market in Stanley Bryant .. we were going after one of him or Rogers.   Frankly, this team has demostrated they are willing to spend to bring in free agents .. it's not for a lack of effort on our part.  There are other intangibles at play which may make Winnipeg a less than desirable destination for some players.

Walte

You do realize that no GM, especially in these days of salary cap, wins every or even most auctions, right.  You offer what you feel you can giving the need, the current roster cost and contingencies and then see if someone else offers more.  Then there's the point of some players simply wanting to play in a certain town or for a certain coach etc.  To suggest that Walters should have signed every free agent he had his eye on is setting a unreasonably high bar. 

And I'm not saying that Walters doesn't deserve criticism, because he does, but this might not be the best issue to use. 

Wally told me that the deflated guy has deflated credibility also.

Did Wally find out about this on CapGeek?

Another GM that recently was relieved of his duties told me that the best SMS is something called "Napkingeek". I asked him if the website domain was "napkingeek.com" or "napkingeek.ca" and he said "website?" and looked at me curiously.

Walte

You do realize that no GM, especially in these days of salary cap, wins every or even most auctions, right.  You offer what you feel you can giving the need, the current roster cost and contingencies and then see if someone else offers more.  Then there's the point of some players simply wanting to play in a certain town or for a certain coach etc.  To suggest that Walters should have signed every free agent he had his eye on is setting a unreasonably high bar. 

And I'm not saying that Walters doesn't deserve criticism, because he does, but this might not be the best issue to use. 

I realize it a lot more than most actually, hence my post. My point was to the poster who was suggesting that Walters wins most of the auctions for players that he enters a bid for. One poster decided to list players he has gotten, I wanted to make the point that there were many others we bid for that we didn't get.

At the end of the day, we will bid strongly for Henoc. Hopefully, the highest bid and make him choose someone else for reasons other than cash if he opts not to come here.

Walte

Who was criticizing? There is a difference between pointing out the realities of FA and criticism. I feel Walters has done a great job in FA.