Bombers at Sask. - (Never Mind)

Mr Dee

11947542_1059609590738668_36640074607209

On - Willie, Adams, Simmons, Walker, Nichols, Johnson, Collins

Off - Gordon, Veltung, Littlejohn, Turner, T. Thomas, Marve, Griffiths

Lots of exciting changes for the Bombers, including Willie, Adams' return, Simmons on the roster…Collins in the lineup. Veltung out sucks though.

Did they even throw a ball to Veltung last game? I don't recall them doing that but then again, they could have but since the balls were so badly thrown it's hard to judge just who they were throwing too. Do we have any comments from the 'game film' yet. Has anyone ever asked the jokers on the bombers any tough questions 'after' they watched the game film so they can't say "we gotta watch the game film'? 

Did they even throw a ball to Veltung last game? I don't recall them doing that but then again, they could have but since the balls were so badly thrown it's hard to judge just who they were throwing too. Do we have any comments from the 'game film' yet. Has anyone ever asked the jokers on the bombers any tough questions 'after' they watched the game film so they can't say "we gotta watch the game film'?

O'Shea blamed the defence for giving up too many points in the second half.

I have no problems with the changes but I must say Veltung must be screwing up big time to lose his spot to a newbie.  You cant tell watching the games on TV but maybe he's not running his routes hard enough or still running the wrong routes.  

Interested to see Willie on the field.  Maybe he can stretch the defence a bit. 

I have no problems with the changes but I must say Veltung must be screwing up big time to lose his spot to a newbie.  You cant tell watching the games on TV but maybe he's not running his routes hard enough or still running the wrong routes.  

Interested to see Willie on the field.  Maybe he can stretch the defence a bit. 

He didn't seem to be a full participant in practice this week. Maybe they had already decided to sit him, but I had assumed he was injured.

gary lawless ‏@garylawless · 10m10 minutes ago

job of head coach is to decide on his lineup. O'Shea might be right about Nichols not knowing the playbook. but if poor QB causes a loss ...

Gary's already setting the table, if the riders sweep, I wouldn't be surprised to see the press calling for O'Sheas head.

Last time I believe Wiecek.

You mean there was a first time?

gary lawless ‏@garylawless · 10m10 minutes agojob of head coach is to decide on his lineup. O'Shea might be right about Nichols not knowing the playbook. but if poor QB causes a loss ...Gary's already setting the table, if the riders sweep, I wouldn't be surprised to see the press calling for O'Sheas head.

Lucky for us, there are so many knowledgable posters who can tell the difference...

job of head coach is to decide on his lineup. O'Shea might be right about Nichols not knowing the playbook. but if poor QB causes a loss ...

Gary's already setting the table, if the riders sweep, I wouldn't be surprised to see the press calling for O'Sheas head.

Win, lose or draw I don't think any changes are going to be made coaching wise from this point in.  The beginning of the bye-week was the best timing to axe MB, Willy out long-term, Nichols starting fresh and the other three QB's not making any progressions within the existing system.

This is a very telling stat offered up by Ed Tait.

Mistakes have been absolutely critical for the Bombers this season -- 19 giveaways is middle of the pack in the CFL, but the 93 points from those turnovers is by far the worst in the league, 23 more than Edmonton......which has turned the ball over 10 more times than Winnipeg.

Offered up by Darvin Adams -

"You can't blink your eye on us," said Adams. (referring to himself and the speedy Walker) "We've got a whole bunch of playmakers from our O-line, to the receivers, to the running backs to our quarterbacks. We have a whole bunch of faith in our guys, no matter who it is. We're ready. Everybody can make plays."

Last time I believe Wiecek.

You mean there was a first time?

Trying not to let my dislike of the guy affect my opinion of his reporting - he seems like a decent enough journalist at times (I really enjoyed his interview with Kyle Walters recently), he just doesn't seem to have a good grasp of what's happening in front of him during practice. 

Win, lose or draw I don't think any changes are going to be made coaching wise from this point in.  The beginning of the bye-week was the best timing to axe MB, Willy out long-term, Nichols starting fresh and the other three QB's not making any progressions within the existing system.

I agree. Walters seems to place more blame on himself than on the coaching staff.

I have no problems with the changes but I must say Veltung must be screwing up big time to lose his spot to a newbie. You cant tell watching the games on TV but maybe he's not running his routes hard enough or still running the wrong routes.

Interested to see Willie on the field. Maybe he can stretch the defence a bit.

Veltung is injured. Willie is more of a YAC guy.

Gordon is the confused one.

Defence should have a pretty good game, excited to see Collins v Messam

Sask D will be better - TBrack at OLB where he should be, new DT - hopefully MB calls 20-30 run plays... or 40-50...

ST needs to come up big, Dressler always has a big game against bombers

Oh yeah... and this is Brohm's 4th career start in his eight year career...  0 TDs, 6 INTs and 1 FUM - no stats for bounces though

There aren't many outcomes that will surprise me because there are so many variables at play. 

The one thing that should absolutely not happen, is for the Bombers to be outcoached.

They will be facing a first time head coach in his first game on the most pressure packed stage of all. For that matter, it will be their DC calling his first solo game as well.

Now's the time for the WBB coaches to make it happen against a very inexperienced opposing staff.

This is the time for the Bombers coaches and players to prove they belong in the playoff hunt. The Riders will probably try to run the ball right at Hurl, and if they can get to 150 yards or so rushing, we will be in trouble. The biggest thing that Skippy has to not do is throw an interception which leads directly to a touchdown. That would kill whatever confidence the team has in him. We need to pressure Smith, early and often as well.

This is the time for the Bombers coaches and players to prove they belong in the playoff hunt. The Riders will probably try to run the ball right at Hurl, and if they can get to 150 yards or so rushing, we will be in trouble. The biggest thing that Skippy has to not do is throw an interception which leads directly to a touchdown. That would kill whatever confidence the team has in him. We need to pressure Smith, early and often as well.

uUNR0Rp.gif

Keep the crowd on their asses and we have a real good chance. No turnovers for us and i like our odds even more..

We are going to need one heck of a defensive effort to win as they may be counted on for field posisition if not points.. Also, i think our STs has to play mistake free.

Otherwise right where we want em! ;)