Week 11 - Tor.@Ham - Edm.@Cal. Monday Sept. 7

Mr Dee

I think the problem in Montreal is when they had Cavillo - especially towards the end o fhis career - they had no 'succession' plan. At one point everyone was thinking McPherson but he showed to be no good. Remember the Eskimos who dominated for so long in the 70's, 80', and 90's? They dominated because they always had a succession plan at QB. It wasn't until the 90's started and they started bringing in bums like Archer that the mighty Eskimo's fell to earth, and didn't really turn it around until they got Ricky Ray. 

Montreal (and Popp) lived in the here and now. Heel - I get what you're saying but when you have one of the greatest QB's of all time playing for you and are able to hire a decent coach(es), in an 8 team league (mostly) it's kind of hard not to miss the playoffs. Not saying Popp is a Joe Mack - and not saying at one point at time he wasn't good - but everyone eventually gets 'comfortable' and that looks like Popp to me. Yes, he has taken them to the playoffs many times, but his shelf life in Montreal is bast the best before date now and that franchise won't dominate again until he's gone.