If I Were Kyle Walters ...

Guest J5V

This regime is absolutely lost. From the GM down to coaches & then to the players. We haven't got the players to win & the coaches don't know what to do to stop the habitual losing. If you think 3-6 is bad, we're looking at a 3-15 or maybe a 4-14 season folks. This is going to be like a snowball rolling down a mountain before it's over. It's going to get real ugly. 

Thing is that i don't see it getting any better next year. With this management and coaches will still be talking about the offensive line, lack of qb depth, no running game, bad special teams, poor middle linebacker, no pass rush, and Willy being hurt again next year. The problems run deep on this team and no one is being held accountable, we put more money in scouting and that hasn't work out, we signed free agents to no real benefit, no first round pick, coaching that is poor, players who are not very good and management that is invisible. 

This regime is absolutely lost. From the GM down to coaches & then to the players. We haven't got the players to win & the coaches don't know what to do to stop the habitual losing. If you think 3-6 is bad, we're looking at a 3-15 or maybe a 4-14 season folks. This is going to be like a snowball rolling down a mountain before it's over. It's going to get real ugly. 

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction, generally other than a few positions like MLB, backup QB and overall O-Line strength I believe the Bombers have the personnel in place to compete with any team.  Moving Bass to MLB and allowing a rotation of Hurl, Sherman and Newman at OLB would show an immediate improvement in the D imo.  While the other two areas are more difficult to fix I think adding an extra import on the O-line would be a rational move to make at this point. 

Not an over reaction. This team will be lucky to win one, maybe two more games this season. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. 

From an ouotsiders perspective don't get tunnel vision and think firing the OC solves everything. Rider fans fell into same trap with Cortez and Hall.

Don't be like Rider fans

Yeah but Cortez has a good track record.  MB does not.  You can't compare the two.

Yes. But the point was not to settle on finding scapegoats when the trouble is more wide spread.

From an ouotsiders perspective don't get tunnel vision and think firing the OC solves everything. Rider fans fell into same trap with Cortez and Hall.

Don't be like Rider fans

Yeah but Cortez has a good track record.  MB does not.  You can't compare the two.

Yes. But the point was not to settle on finding scapegoats when the trouble is more wide spread.
as a Hamilton fan you should know bellefool isn't the answer to anything, butitblows my mind how bomber fans are quick to throw O'Shea under the bus when it's clearly Walters and co not giving the team enough talent or depth to compete. Seriously guys, we are nowhere close to being deep enough or good enough on paper.

Don't be like Rider fans

Yeah but Cortez has a good track record. MB does not. You can't compare the two.

as a Hamilton fan you should know bellefool isn't the answer to anything, butitblows my mind how bomber fans are quick to throw O'Shea under the bus when it's clearly Walters and co not giving the team enough talent or depth to compete. Seriously guys, we are nowhere close to being deep enough or good enough on paper.

And the sad thing is that most of the big deficits are at import spots, which is inexcusable after 2 seasons. We're starting 4 import receivers but we don't even have 4 worthy of starting in the CFL today. Our DL looked good against a bunch of rookie OL yesterday, but has generally been terrible. Import DL aren't hard to find. Everyone else has loads of good ones.

I'd have a very hard time retaining Walters, Goveia, McManus in their current roles after this season.

Don't be like Rider fans

i agree with you 100% 17. This is on Walters & his scouts. But... MOS doesn't look like he's the kind of coach who can squeeze every ounce out of his team. That just makes the lack of talent worse. Like I said on another thread, MOS patted a player on the helmet after committing a major foul on the field. In other words it was okay to screw up. Guys need to play with an edge. They should fear their coaches & worry about not performing to the expectations of the coaching staff.  A little fear is always a good thing for motivation. I just don't sense that with the Bombers. Don Matthews was considered a player's coach until you didn't play well for him. Then players felt his wrath or were gone. More than one former player said they liked or even loved The Don but were still afraid of him.

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction, generally other than a few positions like MLB, backup QB and overall O-Line strength I believe the Bombers have the personnel in place to compete with any team.  Moving Bass to MLB and allowing a rotation of Hurl, Sherman and Newman at OLB would show an immediate improvement in the D imo.  While the other two areas are more difficult to fix I think adding an extra import on the O-line would be a rational move to make at this point. 

We brought in someone to play MLB so why not play him there? We could not play him yesterday because we used four import receivers but between Veltung and Gordon they caught one pass between them. Our Canadians would have done no worst. They killed us with curl ins because the middle was a free spot.

We brought in someone to play MLB so why not play him there? We could not play him yesterday because we used four import receivers but between Veltung and Gordon they caught one pass between them. Our Canadians would have done no worst. They killed us with curl ins because the middle was a free spot.

Bass should be playing MLB  as he's strong, fast & a tackling machine. Hurl should be moved outside where he would be more effective. 

Yeah, I'm still not sure about O'Shea, but I think he's the least of the problems on the Bombers.  I'm starting to lean to agree that Walters and co. just didn't bring in the talent.  We should have had at least one more decent QB to challenge Brohm and Marve.  And we ended up with Yantz and Portis...yawn.  That and MB.  I was hoping Walters could do it, but I'm thinking he's still too green under the gills.  I dunno.

Bass should be playing MLB  as he's strong, fast & a tackling machine. Hurl should be moved outside where he would be more effective. 

More like outside the stadium.  We don't need him on defence.  

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction, generally other than a few positions like MLB, backup QB and overall O-Line strength I believe the Bombers have the personnel in place to compete with any team. Moving Bass to MLB and allowing a rotation of Hurl, Sherman and Newman at OLB would show an immediate improvement in the D imo. While the other two areas are more difficult to fix I think adding an extra import on the O-line would be a rational move to make at this point.

Bass should be playing MLB as he's strong, fast & a tackling machine. Hurl should be moved outside where he would be more effective.

Not sure I agree with this. Bass is thriving where he is and has the speed to cover a lot of ground which has come in handy on outside runs and rollouts.

Our team speed on offense is glacial.

Speed wasn't an issue when we had a quarterback who could pass playing. Speed drops when your quarterback does not have a clue.

I have come to the conclusion that Marve just isn't very good. People are missing the point tho here. Blaming the D and all this. 136 total yards. Marve was awful and has shown very little. Honestly at this point I don't know if I'd start him next game.

It took a year & a half to start Marve so how many seasons will it be to give Dominique Davis a chance? I mean, he's only been here 2 months...  If he can't learn the offense well enough in that time to play then why is Davis here?

lets not rush things.....we are still grooming Brohm, or something....

It took a year & a half to start Marve so how many seasons will it be to give Dominique Davis a chance? I mean, he's only been here 2 months...  If he can't learn the offense well enough in that time to play then why is Davis here?

If your logic holds, that would mean that if Davis starts or even plays, we are down to desperation. Not beyond imagination.

If your logic holds, that would mean that if Davis starts or even plays, we are down to desperation. Not beyond imagination.

Davis looked good in the pre season in Calgary. He throws a nice ball. And is athletic. From what I saw in Calgary he looks more pro ready than Marve. The Stamps kept Brian Moniz over Davis as the coaches felt the was a better short yardage quarterback. At this point why not play him?