Da'Rel Scott To 6-Game

Noeller

To be fair, Chad Simpson was pretty good in 2012.

Garrett was great to end 2011 as well. 576 yards in 6 games for a 6.3 yard avg with 4 TD. Not to mention the 190+ yard performance in the East Final.

Both Garrett and Simpson were great for one small segment of time and then completely dropped off.

It takes a pretty well glued together small running back to survive the pounding if he is giving it his flat-out best every down. Charlie Roberts was the exception but it seems to be the 210 lb George Reed type who lasts long enough to be remembered.

Like 211 lb Da'Rel Scott...5 touches done for the season.  Size is meaningless when it comes to injury.  If anything the bigger guys are more injury prone because they have more pressure on their joints.

I think Garrett was the best back we've had since Roberts and we haven't seen his equal since, though Marshall is looking good. Garrett didn't quite have Reid's massive burst, but I remember him playing way stronger. That 6.7 yard average in 2011 wasn't a few 90-yard run and dozens of 2-yard runs. He was a reliable producer with the rock. When he blew out his Achilles in 2012 before the season even started, I was seriously bummed.

Simpson, no thanks. All that juking and jiving and east-west running he did out there, trying to win the game by himself, made him look more like a rookie kick returner than a starting running back. Take away that big game he had against Toronto (the one where Adriano Belli put away his sailor suit and came out of retirement and was in way over his head) and he really wasn't that great for us.

I think Garrett was the best back we've had since Roberts and we haven't seen his equal since, though Marshall is looking good. Garrett didn't quite have Reid's massive burst, but I remember him playing way stronger. That 6.7 yard average in 2011 wasn't a few 90-yard run and dozens of 2-yard runs. He was a reliable producer with the rock. When he blew out his Achilles in 2012 before the season even started, I was seriously bummed.

Simpson, no thanks. All that juking and jiving and east-west running he did out there, trying to win the game by himself, made him look more like a rookie kick returner than a starting running back. Take away that big game he had against Toronto (the one where Adriano Belli put away his sailor suit and came out of retirement and was in way over his head) and he really wasn't that great for us.

Simpson was good, just got hurt too much. 

O'Shea said today that Scott injured his back lifting weights.

If O'Shea hadn't played him in the last game clearly he wouldn't have hurt himself working out. For shame Mike O'Shea, for shame. Your short sighted coaching is causing players to get hurt all over the roster.
I blame Ray Wan, the IGF architect for including a weight room in the stadium design. Scott would be playing this week if it weren't for that stupid weight room. Scott should sue Wan.

So he's in game shape...Walters get er done!

Dorzon came in with great press clippings and did pretty much zero to impress anyone enough to warrant keeping him. Why should he be any better in a replay? Ah. Clicked on the link- he looks like he is where he belongs.

Anthony Allen is not playing in Saskatchewan & he's not happy. He & the Riders DL coach got into a shouting match when the coach teased him about not playing. He'd look good in a Bomber uniform.

Id take him in a heart beat. But its more fun to talk about long done players that we will never see. Bring Back Mike Sellers!

Anthony Allen is not playing in Saskatchewan & he's not happy. He & the Riders DL coach got into a shouting match when the coach teased him about not playing. He'd look good in a Bomber uniform.

Id take him in a heart beat. But its more fun to talk about long done players that we will never see. Bring Back Mike Sellers!

Willie Reaves is still in pretty good shape...

Willie Reaves is still in pretty good shape...

wade miller comming down from the office but dont call it a come back!

Taman would demand a couple neglisters to prolly. That would be a crazy spot to be in with all the Rbs once cotton is healthy. They would probably try to squeeze them all in to the roster too, and not use any of them well.