Christo Bilukdi And Andy Mulumba watch

The best Canadians do get drafted tho... Covington was drafted, Varga was drafted, Boyko was drafted... It's just sometimes it takes time for them to come here.. if they ever do but that's part of the risk you take really... 

CFL draft isn't like the NHL draft where you are gonna get you a franchise player like a Crosby or Ovechkin or guys like that... 

I see nothing wrong with guys chasing their dreams... Big CFL fan, big big big... but you know what, if i played football and had the opportunity to go PRO, yeah i'm gonna try my hardest to catch on with an NFL team for sure... It's not cuz it's the big leagues and the CFL is the minor leagues... That's total bs and just a ridiculous way to look at things... CFL is the big leagues IN CANADA hence Canadian Football League really... This NHL to AHL comparison is BS... It's not the same at all...CFL isn't a feeder league, it's a second chance for some guys league but lots of guys, lots make a career up here and stick around after. 

CFL as a feeder league? That's bullcrap at its finest... because i look around at NFL rosters and maybe i see 10 or 20 former CFL players in total. 

Feeder league? Nope. Just another option for guys who want to make a living playing football.

I got a guy that worked here that keeps saying the CFL is boring and that it would be better if we were a feeder league for the NFL with the same rules rather then the CFL.  He's adamant that more people would watch then now.  And he complains because of the rouge (which I think is stupid as well but whatever), that they can't call a fair catch along with the whole 5 yards rule, it's too slow, and all the scoring happens in the last 3 minutes.  And no matter what I tell him CFL just sucks to him.  I'm like, dude, it's football, I love all football.  Not sure why Canadians are so thick headed when it comes to sports.

The best Canadians do get drafted tho... Covington was drafted, Varga was drafted, Boyko was drafted... It's just sometimes it takes time for them to come here.. if they ever do but that's part of the risk you take really... 

CFL draft isn't like the NHL draft where you are gonna get you a franchise player like a Crosby or Ovechkin or guys like that... 

I see nothing wrong with guys chasing their dreams... Big CFL fan, big big big... but you know what, if i played football and had the opportunity to go PRO, yeah i'm gonna try my hardest to catch on with an NFL team for sure... It's not cuz it's the big leagues and the CFL is the minor leagues... That's total bs and just a ridiculous way to look at things... CFL is the big leagues IN CANADA hence Canadian Football League really... This NHL to AHL comparison is BS... It's not the same at all...CFL isn't a feeder league, it's a second chance for some guys league but lots of guys, lots make a career up here and stick around after. 

CFL as a feeder league? That's bullcrap at its finest... because i look around at NFL rosters and maybe i see 10 or 20 former CFL players in total. 

Feeder league? Nope. Just another option for guys who want to make a living playing football.

I got a guy that worked here that keeps saying the CFL is boring and that it would be better if we were a feeder league for the NFL with the same rules rather then the CFL.  He's adamant that more people would watch then now.  And he complains because of the rouge (which I think is stupid as well but whatever), that they can't call a fair catch along with the whole 5 yards rule, it's too slow, and all the scoring happens in the last 3 minutes.  And no matter what I tell him CFL just sucks to him.  I'm like, dude, it's football, I love all football.  Not sure why Canadians are so thick headed when it comes to sports.

Sounds like your friend doesn't know much about football and is just being an elitist for whatever reason.

I think we could see Bilukidi this year.

I think it is remote. I think Bilukidi will definitely be cut and will remain unsigned, but will wait to see if any other NFL interest develops.

I agree that cut, unsigned, waits out the year is the most likely scenario.  One of the camp updates someone posted earlier said his value to the Ravens may come from his relatively inexpensive contract.  He's so far down the depth chart that they'll keep him just cause he's cheapest.  Not the most convincing logic I've heard, but it's still logic.

Neither is a bad scenario for us anyways, because until he mentally commits to playing in the CFL I don't want him here anyways.  It's not just the one eye down south problem, he is going to have to change up whatever he's been doing over the last few years and get into CFL game shape.  That extra 30-40 pounds he put on to play in the NFL has to come off.  His speed and endurance will have to kick back up.  Getting him to show up here this October all slow and bloated and burning off a year of his rookie contract is of little value to me.  Let him spend an offseason on the treadmill first.

If hoping someone is going to get cut from the NFL is your plan for improving your roster I'm thankful you aren't the GM. Hope is not a plan for improvement in any business.

Oh gawd.  I doubt there's a GM in the league that is counting on the hope and prayer of a team property currently in the NFL. 

In reality, Bilukidi if cut, would likely wait to see if his agent can catch him onto another NFL team.  That's a wait that could go all season, due to the physical nature of the sport, and injuries.

We're probably not going to see him in Winnipeg this year... but I don't see Walters completely ignoring the possibility.  It would be an unexpected bonus, but one that you have to have a plan ready for.

Mulumba is pushing for a starting role. We will never see him, we can stop the watch lists.

Bilikudi is a possibility for next season.

Mulumba never should have been drafted. Why would any CFL team draft a 'good' Canadian is beyond me lol. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but if Mulumba does, say next year or the year after, ends up here, he's a UFA right? Bombers, for drafting him, only hold his rights for 1 or 2 years (if he's unsigned) then he's free is he not? What a joke our so called "Canadian Draft" is. 

Mulumba was a stretch for the draft... but to be fair he was signed by Green Bay not drafted (and was if I remember properly eligible to be drafted in the NFL)

I think there is an argument that Mulumba could have easily spent his entire year on GB's practice roster, been cut after next years draft and been playing for us a year later... and then GB had almost every single starting linebacker get injured, giving Mulumba a chance to start in a game where he played well (good on him) and became a guy that wasn't so expendable.

It was a coinflip drafting Mulumba... it certainly wasn't guaranteed that he would end up sticking in the NFL for any time, nevermind looking to make a career for himself.

Hindsight is 50/50, Mulumba wasn't seen as a guy likely to crack an NFL roster at the time.

Mulumba would have dropped to late 2nd or 3rd round without Mack... signed to Green Bay was too much risk

Nothing wrong with picking up Bilukidi where we did

Hindsight is 50/50, Mulumba wasn't seen as a guy likely to crack an NFL roster at the time.

Mulumba would have dropped to late 2nd or 3rd round without Mack... signed to Green Bay was too much risk

Nothing wrong with picking up Bilukidi where we did

I generally don't have issue with teams taking fliers on guys who have NFL aspirations .. if you've got  2-4 round pick to burn .. absolutely do it.  That said, when you are / were a team as bereft of NI talent as the Bombers.. it's important to land guys early in the draft who can push those marginal starters and potentially contribute right away.  The Bombers 2013 draft class was a complete bust and it's somewhat symptomatic of Mack's approach .. he was a guy enamored with "athletes" .. guys with good measurables .. and, by and large, those guys didn't pan out.

Mulumba was seen as the best talent with the least chance of lasting in the NFL. Every pick in the CFL draft is a risk. I'd be much more upset taking a Corey Watman who is a garbage player but no risk of NFL success. First overall was Gaydosh who was a significant NFL risk as well. He got injured and got cut luckily for Hamilton. It's a bloody crapshoot is what I'm trying to say and at the time the pick was not even that risky.

Mulumba was seen as the best talent with the least chance of lasting in the NFL. Every pick in the CFL draft is a risk. I'd be much more upset taking a Corey Watman who is a garbage player but no risk of NFL success. First overall was Gaydosh who was a significant NFL risk as well. He got injured and got cut luckily for Hamilton. It's a bloody crapshoot is what I'm trying to say and at the time the pick was not even that risky.

Gaydosh was considered a CFL sure thing at the time...that's why the Bombers tried to trade up to number one.

Gaydosh was considered a CFL sure thing at the time...that's why the Bombers tried to trade up to number one.

But.. he signed with Carolina and spent some time there for a while, he didn't come up to the CFL for another year...

There were 3 DL/DE types with NFL deals or try outs at the time of the CFL draft i thought or were rumored to be getting them... Gaydosh,Mulumba and S Charles. All were rumored to and or were already signed to NFL deals at the time of the draft... Isn't this part of the reason why the moved the CFL draft back a bit? So CFL teams know for sure pretty much which guys have NFL offers and which don't. 

But.. he signed with Carolina and spent some time there for a while, he didn't come up to the CFL for another year...

There were 3 DL/DE types with NFL deals or try outs at the time of the CFL draft i thought or were rumored to be getting them... Gaydosh,Mulumba and S Charles. All were rumored to and or were already signed to NFL deals at the time of the draft... Isn't this part of the reason why the moved the CFL draft back a bit? So CFL teams know for sure pretty much which guys have NFL offers and which don't.

And Mulumba was the one seen as the least likely to stick in the NFL.

Just a simple question.... at what point do you consider trading the rights of Bilukidi or Mulumba? and what would they get you in return?

Would say BC have interest in a westerman for Bilukidi swap? Maybe we add a late pick but... maybe we don't. 

That whole draft was pretty weak really...

Not disagreeing with this at all .. wasn't the best draft class all around .. but given that we didn't hit on a single player (outside Fitzgerald who played a handful of snaps for us) .. it's particularly painful.

If Mulumba arrives here within a few years the view of the draft overall will be drastically changed.

That whole draft was pretty weak really... 

Not disagreeing with this at all .. wasn't the best draft class all around .. but given that we didn't hit on a single player (outside Fitzgerald who played a handful of snaps for us) .. it's particularly painful.

Yeah, you always wanna try to get at least 1 guy hopefully more who pans out, that draft was certainly not one of those ones that's for sure. However with that being said, IF IF IF Mulumba say comes north next year or the year after and is a difference maker, well... who knows, Bilukidi too. Those 2 could change things really, not expecting them anytime soon tho. 

There's one more thing I want to add to this discussion. Do you think the Argos are upset they had to wait 4 years or however many it was to get Cory Greenwood? sure he's pushing 30 now but they have an impact Canadian starter. Corey Mace may be the most injury prone player in the CFL but he was a difference maker when he played. We were impatient and missed out on his potential. Fringe players and even rotational players in the NFL don't last particularly long. As of right now we have a guy in Mulumba who in terms of skill is a Westerman who we don't need to outbid other teams for when he becomes available.

Just a simple question.... at what point do you consider trading the rights of Bilukidi or Mulumba? and what would they get you in return?

Would say BC have interest in a westerman for Bilukidi swap? Maybe we add a late pick but... maybe we don't. 

Unless they were coming to the CFL right away not much, but if they're coming to the CFL why aren't we just keeping them?