Christo Bilukdi And Andy Mulumba watch

@Ravens: We have promoted WR Jeremy Ross to the 53-man roster and waived DT Christo Bilukidi.

And the Ravens D has been hot garbage this year so I think this will be the end of Bilukidi in the NFL.

People should still hang onto their gas money for another 6 months though.  It seems very unlikely we see him this year.  By the time he clears waivers the Bombers have two games left on the sked (I'll go out on a limb and say he won't believe the 5-10 team will give him a playoff cheque).  Realistically he might play one game.  One CFL paycheque vs waiting a few months and seeing if some injuries create some job openings?  It's a no-brainer decision to not sign with the Bombers right now.

Come next May if he doesn't have a NFL contract in hand he pretty much has to begin his CFL career, and it does seem remote that he would be offered one.

So as someone completely ignorant to American football, is this guy washing out down south souring peoples opinion on him, in terms of being able to play up here? Or is he still considered a sure fire stud in our game?

So as someone completely ignorant to American football, is this guy washing out down south souring peoples opinion on him, in terms of being able to play up here? Or is he still considered a sure fire stud in our game?

No... Doug Brown washed out down south too... one game short if being able to collect Nfl pension I believe...

We all expected Bilukidi to come in and be close to Browns caliber of play at DT.... we should have expected him to take a while to get up here as well.

Ultimately it's impossible to say he'll be a "sure fire stud" here... but given the additional coaching he received, playing against better competition, and and overall work ethic required to play in the no fun league... it would be likely he could contribute in a good way... also, he'll be only 26 at the start of next year...

Doug Brown was no guarantee... neither was Jamaal Westerman... I think one of the biggest factors will be if he ready to move on from the NFL and is fully committed to a CFL career....

It really depends. I'm never *expecting* somebody of Doug Brown's caliber, that's for sure. And he's probably going to need to lose some weight to play up here. He's put on about 30 pounds since being in the NFL.

christo-bilukidi-dontay-moch-nfl-preseas

No... Doug Brown washed out down south too... one game short if being able to collect Nfl pension I believe...

We all expected Bilukidi to come in and be close to Browns caliber of play at DT.... we should have expected him to take a while to get up here as well.

If a player is close to retirement benefits in NFL he he is a lot less likely to catch onto a team as the league funds the pension. I don't think it is a coincidence that players are released when they are a few games short of the pension. It is the same way that older players have to be a lot better than the younger players to stick as their salaries and every other expense increases with their level of experience. I just read the NFL players collective bargaining agreement which clearly shows the financial advantages for the teams to jettison marginal players. I feel pretty confident that Bilukidi will be available to play in the CFL if he wants to next season. I hope he does. A player with Doug Brown like impact would really make the defence like the powerhouse defences we used to see here.

As a side note NFL teams only pay 25 dollars for a player's breakfast on travel days. A Canadian Senator would have a hard time surviving on such a skimpy per diem. Only one glass of orange juice for sure. 

Would likely have been a top pick in his draft class but dropped to the 3rd round because he was too good (CFL draft logic).  I loved this pick when Mack made it; finally we were making moves like the big boys make rather than drafting another sheckbangle who might be able to contribute on special teams.  We need to make a pick like this every draft class.

But as Mike already pointed out, he's at NFL weight right now.  So him not heading up here right away isn't the worst thing anyways.  Give him a full offseason to do some jazzercise, hit the treadmill, supplement his diet with ex-lax, that kind of thing.

Would likely have been a top pick in his draft class but dropped to the 3rd round because he was too good (CFL draft logic).  I loved this pick when Mack made it; finally we were making moves like the big boys make rather than drafting another sheckbangle who might be able to contribute on special teams.  We need to make a pick like this every draft class.

But as Mike already pointed out, he's at NFL weight right now.  So him not heading up here right away isn't the worst thing anyways.  Give him a full offseason to do some jazzercise, hit the treadmill, supplement his diet with ex-lax, that kind of thing.

Whatever became of Sheckbangle?

If a player is close to retirement benefits in NFL he he is a lot less likely to catch onto a team as the league funds the pension. I don't think it is a coincidence that players are released when they are a few games short of the pension. It is the same way that older players have to be a lot better than the younger players to stick as their salaries and every other expense increases with their level of experience. I just read the NFL players collective bargaining agreement which clearly shows the financial advantages for the teams to jettison marginal players. I feel pretty confident that Bilukidi will be available to play in the CFL if he wants to next season. I hope he does. A player with Doug Brown like impact would really make the defence like the powerhouse defences we used to see here.

As a side note NFL teams only pay 25 dollars for a player's breakfast on travel days. A Canadian Senator would have a hard time surviving on such a skimpy per diem. Only one glass of orange juice for sure.

Saving their money for the commissioner.