Bombers interested in Jasper Simmons, UPDATE: Signed to PR

gbill2004

Interesting.  We would be getting better.  I'd prefer he'd get an agent who isn't an assclown, but the assclown got the results he wanted, so Simmons is going to be happy.

He won't get starts but he will get snaps.  This likely takes Littlejohn off the 46 to make room.

I haven't seen enough of Simmons to know if he's an awesome fit for what Ritchie Hall is running here, but great players will find ways to make plays.

And to the notion in another thread that the Bombers aren't trying to win this year, I don't know what that poster is inhaling.  Walters continues to aggressively go after the players he wants.

Kudos to his agent for being  savvy enough to use social media to get his client what he wants. You'll no doubt be seeing more of these types of tactics in the future.

Glad Simmons is in our line-up for sure.

Interesting.  We would be getting better.  I'd prefer he'd get an agent who isn't an assclown, but the assclown got the results he wanted, so Simmons is going to be happy.

He won't get starts but he will get snaps.  This likely takes Littlejohn off the 46 to make room.

I haven't seen enough of Simmons to know if he's an awesome fit for what Ritchie Hall is running here, but great players will find ways to make plays.

And to the notion in another thread that the Bombers aren't trying to win this year, I don't know what that poster is inhaling.  Walters continues to aggressively go after the players he wants.

Kudos to his agent for being  savvy enough to use social media to get his client what he wants. You'll no doubt be seeing more of these types of tactics in the future.

How're you going to like it when it's one of our players? Kudos??

So, legitimately curious question for everyone expecting this guy to be a superstar: Why couldn't he crack the Stamps starting line up?

You ask that question  as if the Stamps LB crew was filled with Neil Mcklinley, Wade Miller and Scott Mennie

but he couldn't even get on the roster never mind starting.

Interesting. We would be getting better. I'd prefer he'd get an agent who isn't an assclown, but the assclown got the results he wanted, so Simmons is going to be happy.

He won't get starts but he will get snaps. This likely takes Littlejohn off the 46 to make room.

And to the notion in another thread that the Bombers aren't trying to win this year, I don't know what that poster is inhaling. Walters continues to aggressively go after the players he wants.

Kudos to his agent for being savvy enough to use social media to get his client what he wants. You'll no doubt be seeing more of these types of tactics in the future.

Isn't that pretty much what Grigsby did last year?

Interesting. We would be getting better. I'd prefer he'd get an agent who isn't an assclown, but the assclown got the results he wanted, so Simmons is going to be happy.

He won't get starts but he will get snaps. This likely takes Littlejohn off the 46 to make room.

And to the notion in another thread that the Bombers aren't trying to win this year, I don't know what that poster is inhaling. Walters continues to aggressively go after the players he wants.

Kudos to his agent for being savvy enough to use social media to get his client what he wants. You'll no doubt be seeing more of these types of tactics in the future.

Isn't that pretty much what Grigsby did last year?

Oh, but that's different. ;)

exact same as with adrian peterson's agent over the last while. vikings fans hated him, but he got his client a raise,, and more guaranteed money. 

That's irrelevant. It's going to happen regardless. Agents will all eventually see that social media can be another tool, in the tool-box of negotiation. And yeah kudos, because the guy did his job and represented his client to the best of his abilities, and got him what he wanted. Which was out of Calgary and on to a team where he would play.  Football is a business, and self-interest works the same way it does in any other business.

I think there's a crazy combo of people over valuing Calgary and undervaluing us. That's okay, but I'm not inclined to blow as much smoke up their asses.

You have to admit, calgarys lb core is much more talented then ours with the exception of bass (if current trends continue) randle really ought to be back in the secondary and hurl, while coming along, is no simpson.

It cant be at all shocking that we would want to add a simmons to our group after seeing how well he can ball while in ottawa.

I think there's a crazy combo of people over valuing Calgary and undervaluing us. That's okay, but I'm not inclined to blow as much smoke up their asses.

You have to admit, calgarys lb core is much more talented then ours with the exception of bass (if current trends continue) randle really ought to be back in the secondary and hurl, while coming along, is no simpson.

It cant be at all shocking that we would want to add a simmons to our group after seeing how well he can ball while in ottawa.

but doing nothing in his 2 years in Toronto and then not even being able to crack the game day roster in Calgary has to be a concern right? I'm going to temper expectations and take a wait and see approach before jumping all over one good year in a poor defence.