Bomber transactions

gbill2004

@DarrinBauming: #Bombers announce the removal of DL Deantre Harlan from the practice roster, making room for Int. DL Justin Cole, who is wearing No. 93.

@DarrinBauming: #Bombers mystery running back, whom I noticed a couple weeks ago, has a jersey on today. No. 24. Expect an announcement soon.

@DarrinBauming: #Bombers announce the removal of DL Deantre Harlan from the practice roster, making room for Int. DL Justin Cole, who is wearing No. 93.

@DarrinBauming: #Bombers mystery running back, whom I noticed a couple weeks ago, has a jersey on today. No. 24. Expect an announcement soon.

Just did a quick lookup on Cole listed as a LB but at 242 might be a rush end for us?

According to O'Shea #24 is Tyler Thomas.

Tyler Thomas: A small college stand -out the 5’10’ 200 lb speedster, excels at every facet of the game. He not only runs and catches balls out of the backfield with skill and dexterity, he returns kicks and is a special teams stand out on punt coverage as well. If there is a hole to run through at the line Tyler was through it and on his way to the end zone. To further demonstrate his versatility Tyler, played some Defensive Back when needed. After competing in the NFL Regional Combine in Cleveland, Tyler was invited to the NFL Dallas Super Regional Combine, where he put up superior numbers, running a 4.39 40 yd dash in Cleveland. He has started to draw interest from NFL and CFL teams and will hit the try out circuit looking for his first pro contract this fall.

Justin Cole is a 6'3" 240 lb player who suited up as a linebacker in the NFL, so maybe he is auditioning at MLB?

Tyler Thomas: A small college stand -out the 5’10’ 200 lb speedster, excels at every facet of the game. He not only runs and catches balls out of the backfield with skill and dexterity, he returns kicks and is a special teams stand out on punt coverage as well. If there is a hole to run through at the line Tyler was through it and on his way to the end zone. To further demonstrate his versatility Tyler, played some Defensive Back when needed. After competing in the NFL Regional Combine in Cleveland, Tyler was invited to the NFL Dallas Super Regional Combine, where he put up superior numbers, running a 4.39 40 yd dash in Cleveland. He has started to draw interest from NFL and CFL teams and will hit the try out circuit looking for his first pro contract this fall.

Justin Cole is a 6'3" 240 lb player who suited up as a linebacker in the NFL, so maybe he is auditioning at MLB?

So Tyler Thomas is just "hanging around" without an official designation on the roster?  Is that how try-outs are usually handled?

So Tyler Thomas is just "hanging around" without an official designation on the roster? Is that how try-outs are usually handled?

O'Shea was evasive when media asked about him, so not sure how exactly he's with the team. I won't speculate which rule it falls under ;)

I suspect that Thomas is being kept around as insurance if Cotton pulls a disappearing act in his performance. His size and resume remind of a former Bomber running back named Stephen Beaird out of Texas who was doing quite well until his dad took sick and Beaird had to go take care of the family buisness. And they were both caucasian.

I suspect that Thomas is being kept around as insurance if Cotton pulls a disappearing act in his performance. His size and resume remind of a former Bomber running back named Stephen Beaird out of Texas who was doing quite well until his dad took sick and Beaird had to go take care of the family buisness. And they were both caucasian.

What the cuss?

Did not like Thomas at all in Edmonton last year but looking at his numbers, he was better than I thought. Still, don't love retreads even if I like the idea of pushing Cotton. Cole is an interesting prospect. Especially since we seem to be doing a ton of rotating at DE.

I was getting a bit annoyed that we weren't making any signings early this season so frankly I'm happy for anything on that front.

Not sure why it matters, but Tyler Thomas isn't Caucasian.

Did not like Thomas at all in Edmonton last year but looking at his numbers, he was better than I thought. Still, don't love retreads even if I like the idea of pushing Cotton. Cole is an interesting prospect. Especially since we seem to be doing a ton of rotating at DE.

I was getting a bit annoyed that we weren't making any signings early this season so frankly I'm happy for anything on that front.

Agreed.  Glad to see some rush end types coming through and getting a chance.  Hope they stick with the guys who have performed well the last couple weeks, Gibson especially.  Wasn't a fan of Harlan, not a fan of Fraser either.  Fraser is a good utility guy because he can play the 3 technique a bit, but no pressure and too slow to keep contain on any QB who is a threat with his legs.

I thought that was the reason they were keeping Da'rel Scott on the PR.  If they think Thomas is better, Scott will be dropped but at this point Cotton should be in no danger of losing his job.

Just did a quick lookup on Cole listed as a LB but at 242 might be a rush end for us?

Says he spent last year on the Riders PR so Hall must like something about him.

I think Marshall is about to take Cottons Job if he hasn't already

You're thinking Marshall as lead back and Cotton as the change of pace?

Yes. Or cotton gone completely. Not sure what he's making but if it's starters money and he ain't playing... who knows

Steve Beaird was only about 5'6".  Not exactly the same size.

Steve Beaird was only about 5'6".  Not exactly the same size.

Beaird was a fire hydrant on legs, along with Richard Crump they were pretty good together.