Fire O'Shea

holoman

It's not about change for change's sake or change to help selling tickets. It's about change to move forward to becoming a better team. I honestly don't see what folks expect O'Shea to do differently next year to pull us out of mediocrity or worse.

And it sad because whether is right or wrong (to cut the coach/es) that's the reason why coach/es doesn't want to come here. Winnipeg is a coach's grave yard.

I don't want us to cut coach/es and then we end up with someone worse as a replacements because no one wants to come here.

I don't see it getting any worse with a different HC. Regina's the only team behind us in the standings, and they'd be tied with us if Glenn came back a week earlier IMHO.

We don't fire coaches as quickly as Montreal does and they can still bring new ones in, so I don't see firing O'Shea costing us chances at bringing in a new coach.

The last two times Montreal has hired a head coach they had multiple candidates around the league turn down interviews and ended up hiring Dan Hawkins and Tom Higgins, both unemployed then and since they were fired. Not the best example.

Really? Who turned down interviews in Montreal?

BTW: O'Shea wouldn't have got a second season in Montreal after going 1-7 in the last half of last season.

It's not about change for change's sake or change to help selling tickets. It's about change to move forward to becoming a better team. I honestly don't see what folks expect O'Shea to do differently next year to pull us out of mediocrity or worse.

And it sad because whether is right or wrong (to cut the coach/es) that's the reason why coach/es doesn't want to come here. Winnipeg is a coach's grave yard.

I don't want us to cut coach/es and then we end up with someone worse as a replacements because no one wants to come here.

I don't see it getting any worse with a different HC. Regina's the only team behind us in the standings, and they'd be tied with us if Glenn came back a week earlier IMHO.

We don't fire coaches as quickly as Montreal does and they can still bring new ones in, so I don't see firing O'Shea costing us chances at bringing in a new coach.

The last two times Montreal has hired a head coach they had multiple candidates around the league turn down interviews and ended up hiring Dan Hawkins and Tom Higgins, both unemployed then and since they were fired. Not the best example.

Really? Who turned down interviews in Montreal?

BTW: O'Shea wouldn't have got a second season in Montreal after going 1-7 in the last half of last season.

Jones, Dickenson.

Not sure why that matters.  Montreal has been putrid in a mostly terrible division since Calvillo's career ended in 2013.  Firing coaches hasn't helped, and their hires get progressively worse.  Not exactly a beacon for anyone to follow unless you're trying to build a shitty football organization.

Don't know how anyone can say that coaching in Winnipeg is worse than coaching in Montreal.

Since they don't actually have a coach per se I agree.

I think Joe Popp may finally have to pay the price with his job.  Pressure from up top probably forced him to fire Higgins but now the camera is pointed right at Joe and he doesn't have anyone left to blame.

Don't know how anyone can say that coaching in Winnipeg is worse than coaching in Montreal.

I think Joe Popp may finally have to pay the price with his job.  Pressure from up top probably forced him to fire Higgins but now the camera is pointed right at Joe and he doesn't have anyone left to blame.

Jim* Popp  ;)

Jim* Popp  ;)

Him too!

Wally has had a great career but unless he is given the resources by Braley, he'll be done. Reminds me of the Argos this season & last under Barker. Braley just grinds & grinds & grinds... At least the Argos are almost out of his hands.

Specifically, what resources is Wally not getting from Brakey?

Wally has had a great career but unless he is given the resources by Braley, he'll be done. Reminds me of the Argos this season & last under Barker. Braley just grinds & grinds & grinds... At least the Argos are almost out of his hands.

If it's anything like the Argos, the budget is being squeezed on football ops. 

Pretty sure BC isn't in same situation as Argos in that regard.

Pretty sure BC isn't in same situation as Argos in that regard.

Braley has no interest in spending money so the Argos & Lions suffer as well as the fans & they stay away. Over the past couple of seasons you can really see it in BC how Braley is just grinding the team down & it's too bad. Bomber fans get tired of community ownership & I've seen people here saying, "True North, please buy the Bombers!!" Well, if you have a great owner willing to spend & do what it takes to win it is great. But the downside of private ownership are the Gliebermans in Ottawa, David Braley in Toronto & BC, Harold Ballard in Hamilton & Michael Feterik in Calgary who bought the team so his son could be the starting qb which became the circus known as F Troop a decade ago. The bad owners make community owners look like Saints. Private owners are answerable to no one unlike community ownership.

When asked what adjustments need to be made at the half, did I hear O'Shea say "We have to figure that out?" Good grief!

It's a nice way of throwing the OC under the bus. Rightfully so

He should throw LH under at the same time. :-)