Fire O'Shea

holoman

I think If we swapped OC's with SASK even that we'd have a few more wins for sure. 

OC is the biggest problem and i think Oshea recognizes it, just based on what he's been saying the last little while and again on the coaches show, it appears MB has been put on notice. 

the biggest problem is a lack of Drew Willy....that's not up for debate.

Unless Drew Willy isn't mobile enough or makes fast enough reads or gets rid of the ball fast enough or fails to bring tempo to the offence.

Then the question of what the Bombers biggest problem is, remains open for debate.

What if the biggest problem is actually not just one problem but multiple problems - including the problem of assuming the O would function at anything more than a barely acceptable level with Drew Willy?

the biggest problem is a lack of Drew Willy....that's not up for debate.

Unless Drew Willy isn't mobile enough or makes fast enough reads or gets rid of the ball fast enough or fails to bring tempo to the offence.

Then the question of what the Bombers biggest problem is, remains open for debate.

What if the biggest problem is actually not just one problem but multiple problems - including the problem of assuming the O would function at anything more than a barely acceptable level with Drew Willy?

My post has already been proven, but a lot of you are choosing to misremember because it's been awhile...

So Toronto did it wrong hiring an inexperienced Milanovich? Or Edmonton with an inexperienced Jones? Come on now let's not be ridiculous. Experienced or inexperienced doesn't matter if they're good at what they do.

Your right so y do we want to keep MOS again?

So Toronto did it wrong hiring an inexperienced Milanovich? Or Edmonton with an inexperienced Jones? Come on now let's not be ridiculous. Experienced or inexperienced doesn't matter if they're good at what they do.

milanovich

Milanovich began his coaching career as the quarterbacks coach for the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe in the spring of 2003. Later that year he joined the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League where he also coached the quarterbacks. Between the 2004 and 2005 seasons, Milanovich was the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator for the now defunct Mansfield University Mountaineers football team.[7] In 2004 he returned to the Rhein Fire where he served another season as quarterbacks coach. He was elevated to the position ofoffensive coordinator in 2005 and spent the 2006 season in the same capacity for the Cologne Centurions. Milanovich returned to the CFL in February 2007 when he was named quarterbacks coach of the Montreal Alouettes. A year later he was promoted to offensive coordinator. In 2009 he added the title of assistant head coach.

On December 1, 2011, Milanovich was named the 42nd head coach of the Toronto Argonauts.[8]

Chris Jones

2014-present Head Coach, Edmonton Eskimos 2012-13 Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach/Assistant General Manager, Toronto Argonauts 2010-11 Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Director of Player Personnel, Calgary Stampeders 2008-10 Defensive Coordinator, Calgary Stampeders 2003-2007 Defensive Coordinator, Montreal Alouettes 2002 Defensive Line Coach, Montreal Alouettes 1999-2001 Defensive Line and Recruiting Coordinator, Tennessee Tech (NCAA) 1998 Defensive Line Coach, University of Tennessee at Martin (NCAA) 1997 Graduate Assistant, Linebackers Coach, University of Alabama (NCAA) 1995-96

Graduate Assistant, Tennessee Tech (NCAA)

O'Shea

On February 19, 2010, O'Shea was hired by the Toronto Argonauts as their special teams coordinator. He spent three seasons in Toronto where he won his first Grey Cup as a coach in the 100th Grey Cup. On December 4, 2013, O'Shea was hired by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to become the team's 30th Head Coach in team history.

I guess "inexperienced" is relative right 17 to 85? Who's actually being ridiculous here?

In fact, I wonder if it might be a  problem  getting assistant coaches here, because there' s some resentment around that league that O'Shea

hasn't paid his coaching dues.

Are we having trouble attracting assistant coaches here?  Stubler chose Hufnagel and Calgary over Winnipeg, but can you blame him?  Other than that, we've been able to bring in veteran guys like Richie Hall, Bob Wylie, Todd Howard.  It's not like Marcel Bellefeuille still has a job just because we can't find anyone to replace him.

Because he's not been given the tools to be successful. Kyle Walters hasn't brought in enough talent. His draft picks haven't gone above and beyond, the only guys who seemed to work out are free agent signings or trading for known CFL guys. When left to find guys on his own he's failed thus far. You can't expect a coach to work miracles. Give him a roster that can win when injuries hit and then see what he's like as a coach. 

Because he's not been given the tools to be successful. Kyle Walters hasn't brought in enough talent. His draft picks haven't gone above and beyond, the only guys who seemed to work out are free agent signings or trading for known CFL guys. When left to find guys on his own he's failed thus far. You can't expect a coach to work miracles. Give him a roster that can win when injuries hit and then see what he's like as a coach. 

Excuses, sorry. Why should MOS get a pass when other HC don't? Three years as a STC in Toronto & that was it. With that logic, we should have kept Tim Burke. maybe he would have become a good coach & he never had talent either. Funny, 2 years ago no one was using the lack of talent angle or Burke needs time to become a great head coach so we better keep him around.

It's because the team flat out quit on Burke and haven't on O'shea. We aren't in the room but it's pretty obvious that the players respect MOS and love playing for him. Can sit here in our computer rooms or on our cell phones and think we have all the answers but we don't.

Again they loved Jeff Rheinbold (sp?)too,didn't make him a good coach. A good coach will make his players better not seeing that with MOS.

Oshea just said on the CJOB coaches show that he should have "blindly" challenged the Rodgers catch, even without seeing the replay.

Hmm if that's confirmed in what he said, I guess O'Shea himself, as a professional CFL head coach, is thinking whimsical preposterous thoughts.
Ya it's confirmed. He said it twice. You think I'm lying?

Excuses, sorry. Why should MOS get a pass when other HC don't? Three years as a STC in Toronto & that was it. With that logic, we should have kept Tim Burke. maybe he would have become a good coach & he never had talent either. Funny, 2 years ago no one was using the lack of talent angle or Burke needs time to become a great head coach so we better keep him around.

I think Tim Burke had way more talent to work with to be honest. Except maybe at qb. But the Burke Bombers were the most painful team to watch I have ever seen. I found myself not caring about 5 minutes into a game, at least I can watch the Bombers this year even if they're getting it handed to them. Walters has done some good things for this team, but considering he's been here for 2 years he hasn't done nearly enough yet. 

Oshea just said on the CJOB coaches show that he should have "blindly" challenged the Rodgers catch, even without seeing the replay.

Hmm if that's confirmed in what he said, I guess O'Shea himself, as a professional CFL head coach, is thinking whimsical preposterous thoughts.

No, not at all. Thank you for posting this. I just wanted to confirm he said it. 

I was slammed repeatedly by Mr. Dee, WBBFan, Rich, Mike and a few others for talking nonsense, being preposterous and whimsical, why I couldn't be a professional football coach for suggesting that it would have been wise for our head coach to have thrown that challenge flag on that play to slow everything down. Now it's confirmed he agrees. So I'm assuming these same posters will direct their wrath at our Head Coach now for the exact same criticisms they directed towards me. 

No, not at all. Thank you for posting this. I just wanted to confirm he said it. 

I was slammed repeatedly by Mr. Dee, WBBFan, Rich, Mike and a few others for talking nonsense, being preposterous and whimsical, why I couldn't be a professional football coach for suggesting that it would have been wise for our head coach to have thrown that challenge flag on that play to slow everything down. Now it's confirmed he agrees. So I'm assuming these same posters will direct their wrath at our Head Coach now for the exact same criticisms they directed towards me. 

Just because the coach changed his mind, doesn't mean I did.  I disagreed with your opinion, but I don't believe I accused you of any of those things.

I don't think a coach should waste a challenge on a play he has no evidence will be overturned as you never know what the following play will be and if you wish you still had your challenge and or time-outs.   So why would I direct any wrath at the head coach?  

Lots of know it all "experts" on these boards.

I think Tim Burke had way more talent to work with to be honest. Except maybe at qb. But the Burke Bombers were the most painful team to watch I have ever seen. I found myself not caring about 5 minutes into a game, at least I can watch the Bombers this year even if they're getting it handed to them. Walters has done some good things for this team, but considering he's been here for 2 years he hasn't done nearly enough yet. 

The challenge flag should have been thrown. MOS admits it now. Just the way the catch was made looked contested. Crucial time of the game & the catch put the Bombers in scoring position. At that moment throwing the flag would have been the right call. Had MOS thrown that flag & the catch overturned we may have gone to overtime. What's the difference between throwing that flag or going for a first down on short yardage? Both are gambles coaches have to take. It would have been worth it. As it stands we're a 4-9 team & counting anyway,our HC is a genius in waiting & our GM deserves another year of mediocrity before some people here feel he is accountable. Good luck selling this coaching & management team to Winnipeggers other than the hard core fans here next year if nothing changes.