Fire O'Shea

holoman

Can we really fire marcel and salvage the season?

Why not? We are not going anywhere with him. He and O'Shea are similar in that they both like to stick with what isn't working. Let Buck take over for the rest of this year and re-evaluate everyone's job at season's end. 

Did you see the shot of the middle-aged Bomber fan couple sitting with arms crossed and a wicked scowl on their faces? Man they were disgusted. How can you not be?

Look. Firing Marcel now does two things: 1) It sends a message to the coaches and players that if you can't perform on this team, you are gone. No excuses, and no, Mike O'Shea is not going to protect you. 2) It sends a message to the fans that this football club will not stop changing personnel until we have the right people in the right positions.

you can't expect marve to read a cfl defense as a rookie, especially a Calgary/stubler defense

anyone expecting marve to win the game with his arm is an idiot and isn't a professional coach

Sure, let him run around like a chicken with its head cut off. That's a plan. 

Has everyone lost the ability to read and think tonight? Have you been sipping do or die's gin?

How about swing passes, screens, shovels, a reverse

There are other ways to get the ball in the running backs hands other than a draw up the gut

Our back should have 30 touches runs/pass to back off the Calgary d

The game plan was pure **** and set up to fail

I saw all of those last night.  Pretty hard for those to be effective when the defense can just sit and wait within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage because everyone in the stadium knows the QB can't make a throw.  Doubly hard for that QB who's already struggling when the defense can get pressure easily with 3-4 rushers, leaving 8-9 in coverage/to spy Marve.  Denmark and Moore got some nice gains on first down on bubble screens and hitch screens allowing the feeble OL to lead us to some first downs on 2nd and 2 and 3's.  They used split backs and misdirection runs to Thomas but Marve's footwork was awful so it took way too long to develop and the contain guy had all day to read it.

There's nothing you can call that will make a QB playing as bad as Marve did even passable.  They literally should have just given up and started running option.  That might have gotten them one drive before Calgary adjusted.

Yeah Dunnigan was commenting on the one running play that resembled a reverse and ended up in about 5 yard loss. It was poorly designed and executed. You still have to execute and know when to call the right play for the situation. It's obvious the execution is crap, even on the pick 6, the receiver's route was too flat and took him into the defender instead of away from him. Execution even on the simplest of plays is a problem.

The crime here is that Walters, the scouts & coaching staff decided to stand pat with their qbs & created absolutely no competition behind Willy & have no viable CFL backup & developmental player at the position. I mean,how could the entire organization to a man in management, scouting & coaching have been so stupid. That decision alone proves all of them should be gone. A team should never stand pat at any position especially coming off a 6-12 season. Now it looks like this team could be worse than last year. I have no confidence the people running this team have the capability to ever bring us a winning team. 

Maybe I am repressing painful memories, but last night had to be the collectively worst display of Bomber quarterbacking I can recall. Marve was horrible, and Brohm was worse, leading to the obvious conclusion- its time for change. Bellefeuille and Brohm have to fired out the door, and that would send a message to the rest of the team that getting your butts kicked in almost half your games in the season has consequences. Even Sask with all their problems put up better fights, and that is totally unacceptable.

In fairness to Walters... what CFL vet could they get as a back up? Glenn was not going to come back here at all.

Who could they get?

Upgrade the other positions. Find other QBs that aren't CFL vets that can play. People were tired of Mack not making big splashes in free agency and not being able to find a QB. He got Willy in an offseason where it would have been nearly impossible to end up without either Collaros or Willy and has made some "splashes" in free agency. Some hits and some misses. The US scouting has been atrocious since he took over. At an embarrassing level. The drafting truthfully has not been much better than the previous regime. I'll have to look into it but I feel like Mr. CIS Walters has been at the bottom of the league in terms of talent drafted.

Maybe I am repressing painful memories, but last night had to be the collectively worst display of Bomber quarterbacking I can recall. Marve was horrible, and Brohm was worse, leading to the obvious conclusion- its time for change. Bellefeuille and Brohm have to fired out the door, and that would send a message to the rest of the team that getting your butts kicked in almost half your games in the season has consequences. Even Sask with all their problems put up better fights, and that is totally unacceptable.

Jason Boltus, September 2013 vs the Lions was far, far, far worse.  

None of us are pro coaches but I do expect the QB to be able to make throws longer than 5 yards. Marve missed basic throws. Like seriously. Only looks for 2 guys. Moore and Denmark. That's it. You need your QB to throw the ball. Make basic throws. Marve couldn't do that. Yeah the play calling sucked but maybe it's cuz Marve isn't very good. Marvelous? Not even close.

Didn't sign an extension this past summer so probably gone at the end of the season. Brohm no comment.This team needs to bring 10 qb's to camp next year they should be able to find a back up and 1 or 2 that could be developed. I'm hopeful anyways.

Things I am tired of:

(1) O'Shea: 'We'll have to look at the film". 
Bullsh&*t! If  I can see what the problem is 8 rows up on the 50, you surely can with all the reports your getting from the spotter booth. Take some responsibility you lame ass. That excuse is unacceptable.

(2) The amount of "Coaching" being done along teh sidelines between offence/defense rotation. The discussions are endless. Its like a Pop Warner game. You are supposed to be professionals. You had 2 weeks ( including a by-week) to prepare for this team. The discussion should be " They are doing "this". We counter with "that", the way we prepared.....NOT "tell me what they are doing out there and let me show you how you deal with that". Sheer incompetence.  Note to Teague Sherman...STFU and play football instead of yapping all the time on the sidlines.

(3) Stupid Undisciplined Special teams Penalties
Hey special teams doofus! You are BARELY on this team. You are a special teams player. You are are looking to improve your standing with the team. You are on the field ONLY for special teams. WTF are you doing taking a dumb penalty...roughing, illegal block, too many men, procedure ..etc?  Get your head out of your ass.

(4) High Fives for (3)
Don't you just love it when a player makes a bonehead play and the rest of the team comes over for a "don't worry/sympathy" high five/slap.
NO...You DON'T.   You DON'T "reward" a player for screwing up.

What we need is a coach or leader like Chris Walby grabbing the guy's grill, getting in their face and saying "That is BS. Get your act together and do something to HELP the team. Focus and do your job".

If I were coach...ther would be NO HIGH FIVING/FIST bumping unless it was for a GREAT play.  Punt out at the one yd line! Sure!   Long FG!?  Great!. Pick? Outstanding!!     Great catch/run/sack? fantastic!....High Five for sure!!!
................Taking a stupid penatly? Missing a tackle? Watching someone beat you long? ...uh NO. You don't get a "sympathy  high five" for that from your team mate..  That's BS. I don't care if you think its moral support. It doesn't reinforce the right message. NON PERFORMANCE IS NOT REWARDED.

Fine em if necessary. Its about mental toughness and self evaluation. I'm sick and tired of the validation of mediocrity on this team.

(4) Backups/Injured Reserve on the Sidelines. 
i counted 26 individuals in "civies" on the sidelines. Many of them were clowining around/smiling during the game....regardless of the score. ( When he played for us, Kevin Glenn was famous for this after getting pulled.)  Are you kidding me?

You are down 20 points in front of your home crowd.  Your offence sucks.   Your team is doing NOTHING. There's nothing funny about that.  Pretend that you give sh%t and have a modicum of respect for the fans that pay to see this abysmal effort.

So tired of the steaming pile of feces that we are forced to watch every game. 
Shame on you.  Bomber fans deserve better.

Things I am tired of:

(1) O'Shea: 'We'll have to look at the film". 

Bullsh&*t! If  I can see what the problem is 8 rows up on the 50, you surely can with all the reports your getting from the spotter booth. Take some responsibility you lame ass. That excuse is unacceptable.

(2) The amount of "Coaching" being done along teh sidelines between offence/defense rotation. The discussions are endless. Its like a Pop Warner game. You are supposed to be professionals. You had 2 weeks ( including a by-week) to prepare for this team. The discussion should be " They are doing "this". We counter with "that", the way we prepared.....NOT "tell me what they are doing out there and let me show you how you deal with that". Sheer incompetence.  Note to Teague Sherman...STFU and play football instead of yapping all the time on the sidlines.

(3) Stupid Undisciplined Special teams Penalties

Hey special teams doofus! You are BARELY on this team. You are a special teams player. You are are looking to improve your standing with the team. You are on the field ONLY for special teams. WTF are you doing taking a dumb penalty...roughing, illegal block, too many men, procedure ..etc?  Get your head out of your ass.

(4) High Fives for (3)

Don't you just love it when a player makes a bonehead play and the rest of the team comes over for a "don't worry/sympathy" high five/slap.

NO...You DON'T.   You DON'T "reward" a player for screwing up.

What we need is a coach or leader like Chris Walby grabbing the guy's grill, getting in their face and saying "That is BS. Get your act together and do something to HELP the team. Focus and do your job".

If I were coach...ther would be NO HIGH FIVING/FIST bumping unless it was for a GREAT play.  Punt out at the one yd line! Sure!   Long FG!?  Great!. Pick? Outstanding!!     Great catch/run/sack? fantastic!....High Five for sure!!!

................Taking a stupid penatly? Missing a tackle? Watching someone beat you long? ...uh NO. You don't get a "sympathy  high five" for that from your team mate..  That's BS. I don't care if you think its moral support. It doesn't reinforce the right message. NON PERFORMANCE IS NOT REWARDED.

Fine em if necessary. Its about mental toughness and self evaluation. I'm sick and tired of the validation of mediocrity on this team.

(4) Backups/Injured Reserve on the Sidelines. 

i counted 26 individuals in "civies" on the sidelines. Many of them were clowining around/smiling during the game....regardless of the score. ( When he played for us, Kevin Glenn was famous for this after getting pulled.)  Are you kidding me?

You are down 20 points in front of your home crowd.  Your offence sucks.   Your team is doing NOTHING. There's nothing funny about that.  Pretend that you give sh%t and have a modicum of respect for the fans that pay to see this abysmal effort.

So tired of the steaming pile of feces that we are forced to watch every game. 

Shame on you.  Bomber fans deserve better.

What worries me is if they fire MOS, they'd give the job to Marcel and then give him a few years.

If they fire MOS, they'd give the HC job to Hall or maybe Benevides.

Neither of which would bother me as I believe they both have more clue than Mike O'Shea and if not already gone, Bellefeuille would be after that.

In fairness to Walters... what CFL vet could they get as a back up? Glenn was not going to come back here at all.

Who could they get?

I have no interest in a CFL vet. I want a legit prospect for once.

Seeing Bo Levi, Collaros, Cato, Franklin, et al come into the league while we brought back the exact same 4 we had last season, before picking Davis off of Calgarys scrap pile is ridiculous.

Cato was good for a couple weeks and fizzled. Franklin has played 1 game. To put them in the same sentence as BLM is ridiculous

I simply mean young QBs who have given they're franchises hope. BLM has become one of the leagues best, whereas Cato and Franklin have created positives out of what, for us, has been an impossible obstacle to overcome.