Fire O'Shea

holoman

My question is why are we doing PA where Willy has to turn around away from rush then turn around again & try to find receivers downfield?? The backward fake takes too long & then asking the qb to do his reads all over again with a full blown pass rush in his face??? The plays take too long. MB is asking his OL to prolong their blocks &  for Willy to lose track of & then find his receivers again instead of getting the ball away quickly. We need an offense where Willy gets the ball away quickly. Our offensive schemes & plays are all wrong. 

There's blame to go around but I would love to hear somebody actually elaborate on how it's Drew Willy's fault. I'm not saying he's perfect or that he doesn't have plays where he doesn't do as he should, but I'd like to actually see somebody bring more of an argument to the table than "he doesn't get the ball out quick enough" - seems like such a last year argument at this point.

I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. Reading blitzes, making quick decisions, and getting rid of the ball is how Danny Mcmanus made a career. It's where Willy is lacking. Just because you don't like the argument doesn't make it invalid

No the argument loses validity when you expect a qb to catch the ball and instantly throw it. Even Danny Mcmanus and Kevin Glenn, two notably quick throwers had trouble when the pressure was in their face as quickly as it's been coming for the Bombers this year. Drew Willy is the least of the problems on this team. 

There's blame to go around but I would love to hear somebody actually elaborate on how it's Drew Willy's fault. I'm not saying he's perfect or that he doesn't have plays where he doesn't do as he should, but I'd like to actually see somebody bring more of an argument to the table than "he doesn't get the ball out quick enough" - seems like such a last year argument at this point.

I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend. Reading blitzes, making quick decisions, and getting rid of the ball is how Danny Mcmanus made a career. It's where Willy is lacking. Just because you don't like the argument doesn't make it invalid

No the argument loses validity when you expect a qb to catch the ball and instantly throw it. Even Danny Mcmanus and Kevin Glenn, two notably quick throwers had trouble when the pressure was in their face as quickly as it's been coming for the Bombers this year. Drew Willy is the least of the problems on this team. 

add to that slow developing routes/no one open.

do they ever keep a back in to help with blocking?

if not why not?

I don't understand why Edmonton and Calgary can have two, three starters go down, and still have a decent o line, and we have

our starters, and its  not very good. Or why Ottawa has a better O line than we do.

are their backups better than our starters?

Worst part of this, is that everyone, fans, and the team agreed that the main thing that needed to be fixed was the O line.

We did need to fix the OLINE, we have to an extent, Bryant is better than January, Chungh seems to be an improvement over whoever we played there the last few seasons, Picard = Morley really, Daniels i think is better than anyone we tried there the last few years too. The one guard spot still needs improvement and maybe it would be nice to see Goossen get a chance at the center spot, but.. for the most part the OLINE has been fixed, it's not so much a talent issue in my opinion, it might be tho (LG and Center is definitely a problem so far) but i think it's more of a scheme issue..

I dunno, Keep going  back to MB in montreal, got AC killed, over 50 sacks one year, he was let go, next year, same oline really, 25 sacks against...  The biggest issue right now is the OC and his inability to deal with a pressure D.

We seem to do ok against the non Pressure D's but.. Hamilton and Edmonton, 2 big time pressure D, they have a field day with us, It's an MB thing, teams know how to scheme against him, at least Hamilton and Edmonton do... 

I think if MB was let go, you'd see an improvement in terms of how many sacks we give up. 

Just saying but... there were times last night when they would show Willy talking to MB on the sidelines and Willy looked pretty annoyed and visibly upset at times about whatever they were talking about. I think MB is the problem and I think it's obvious and i Think WIlly is starting to realize this, if he didn't previously. He really did look pretty annoyed at times when talking to MB. 

i watched the game, imo hamilton just outplayed us....again. they had so many different look blitzes coming at us all game, i dont think MB had a counter, and with injuries to moore, then cotton then darvin, max protection gave us too limited offense to do anything.  I expect the Oline to lick their wounds, light a fire under their collective asses n be better next game

My uneducated opinion on the biggest OL issue is that they have no idea what to do when teams pressure you. Too many guys going to the wrong areas, picking up the wrong players and leaving guys having a free run at the qb. Maybe they're trying to out think themselves and are making it more complicated than it needs to be? The fact that guys like Picard have never been strong blockers doesn't help. It's one thing if it was always the guy from the edge getting to the qb, then you can probably put it on the qb for not recognizing, but too often it's pressure right up the middle that disrupts things. That should be inexcusable. Isn't blocking from the inside out a thing? Make the guy with the free run at the qb have to go the longest distance to get there? 

This post is ridiculous hyperbole.

well if anyone is an expert on that subject it's you. 

I thought Drew Willy played great - he hung in there and completed some very tough throws. Bottom line - though some of you for some reason don't want to believe it - we were by far the worst team in the CFL two years ago.  I mean, we were expansion team bad or worse. In two years, IMO - we've come a long way. The Hamilton Tiger Cats, right now, are a much stronger football team than we are. That's a fact that is proven in the two games we played them. 

But despite the constant pressure and the insurmountable odds, Drew Willy hung in there and I, for one, was very impressed with him. Far better than what he showed last year. That is growth and gives me faith that he could be the next great Bomber QB. Such a refreshing change from the garbage (and Buck Pierce - loved his heart and won't call him garbage but he was never anything more than a glorified backup IMO) we've had QB since Kevin Glenn was released. 

I thought Drew Willy played great - he hung in there and completed some very tough throws. Bottom line - though some of you for some reason don't want to believe it - we were by far the worst team in the CFL two years ago.  I mean, we were expansion team bad or worse. In two years, IMO - we've come a long way. The Hamilton Tiger Cats, right now, are a much stronger football team than we are. That's a fact that is proven in the two games we played them. 

But despite the constant pressure and the insurmountable odds, Drew Willy hung in there and I, for one, was very impressed with him. Far better than what he showed last year. That is growth and gives me faith that he could be the next great Bomber QB. Such a refreshing change from the garbage (and Buck Pierce - loved his heart and won't call him garbage but he was never anything more than a glorified backup IMO) we've had QB since Kevin Glenn was released. 

I think that "Drew Willy played great" is open to challenge- his stats and the scoreboard were not impressive but I am not saying it was all his fault- 5 sacks for example.

Since this is a "Fire O'Shea" thread, what is the general consensus? Fire him / Do not fire him

If fired, who do we replace him with and when do we do it?

If not fired, how long do we wait for him to develop and what do we want to see him do better?

don't want to read to much into it, but when he said after the game

he didn't know who the starting qb would be if willie couldn't play… I thought that was a big deal.

O'Shea has never been that blunt that I can recall. 

could mean a number of things.