Fire O'Shea

holoman

I don't care if he can run. He's a QB not a rb. He can't pass. That's what matters most. He's learning but he's not good right now. He has a long way to go.

woosh.

I was saying that our offence was one dimensional. 20 rushing yards for our runningbacks into the 4th quarter. 

I don't care if he can run. He's a QB not a rb. He can't pass. That's what matters most. He's learning but he's not good right now. He has a long way to go.

woosh.

I was saying that our offence was one dimensional. 20 rushing yards for our runningbacks into the 4th quarter.

Oh I got that. Ya. I agree. Just don't think Marves inability to pass the ball more than 5 yards helps. Fire the OC for sure tho. Very one dimensional play calling for sure. The OC is a big problem

I don't think so. Marve was awful, I would say this is more on the OC than anything, firing O'shea means MB becomes coach. YOU FIRE MB. NOW. 2 MINUTES AGO.

I agree but the only problem is MOS will not fire his OC imo.He waited to fire Etch and I believe he will wait to fire MB,might not last long enough to get that chance though.

Marve's passing was better than Tebow's in college (I think) but obviously that has not translated into the pro game- Marve was horrible, no question. Marve looked like he had clue how to play the style being asked of him, or play the game at all, for that matter,

I'm not blaming Marve at all.  Its the coaching and the talent around him.  There's no way he was going to win the game on his own. In order to win tonight, it would have required a perfect game from the entire team and the coaches. 

You cant base Marve's future on these last two games.   Not comparing the two but remember Mike Reilly's first season?  He needs time to better learn the game and learn from his mistakes.   

he should have handed the ball off 30 times tonight with the occasional long bomb.

lol because that works in the CFL like never.  When you have only 2 chances to gain 10 yards, the majority of plays will be passes.  Even with a rookie Qb, you will most likely have a 65% pass to 35% run ratio, maybe 60-40 in a few cases.  It's a passer's league - even rookie Qb's need to be able to pass.

I'm not blaming Marve at all.  Its the coaching and the talent around him.  There's no way he was going to win the game on his own. In order to win tonight, it would have required a perfect game from the entire team and the coaches. 

You cant base Marve's future on these last two games.   Not comparing the two but remember Mike Reilly's first season?  He needs time to better learn the game and learn from his mistakes.   

Reilly's first season was better than anything we have seen from Marve.  Reilly can throw a long bomb.  Marve clearly cannot...at least not yet.  Chances are though if he never learned to throw a long bomb in college he will be unable to learn in the pros.

he should have handed the ball off 30 times tonight with the occasional long bomb.

lol because that works in the CFL like never.  When you have only 2 chances to gain 10 yards, the majority of plays will be passes.  Even with a rookie Qb, you will most likely have a 65% pass to 35% run ratio, maybe 60-40 in a few cases.  It's a passer's league - even rookie Qb's need to be able to pass.

Did you miss last weeks game against the Riders? A heck of a lot closer than this smelling pile tonight with that very game plan.

Reilly's first season was better than anything we have seen from Marve.  Reilly can throw a long bomb.  Marve clearly cannot...at least not yet.  Chances are though if he never learned to throw a long bomb in college he will be unable to learn in the pros.

How would we know if he can or not.  The only time I've seen him go long is when the game is out of hand and the Oline is just pinning back their ears and

bringing numbers on every play.  

I'd also like to know id he can throw a screen pass?  But unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in our playbook.

Did you miss last weeks game against the Riders? A heck of a lot closer than this smelling pile tonight with that very game plan.

Congrats on finding the one game in which passes and runs were nearly 50-50.  Riders still lost by the way.  It's a fact that the vast majority of games will see runs less than 40% of the time, even with a rookie at the controls.  That is the nature of the 3-down game.  Saying the Bombers should have run it 30 times is asinine as they most likely would have been stuffed on first down for a short gain necessitating a pass play on second down.  I'm afraid if you want to see more running you will have to watch the NFL.

Congrats on finding the one game in which passes and runs were nearly 50-50.  Riders still lost by the way.  It's a fact that the vast majority of games will see runs less than 40% of the time, even with a rookie at the controls.  That is the nature of the 3-down game.  Saying the Bombers should have run it 30 times is asinine as they most likely would have been stuffed on first down for a short gain necessitating a pass play on second down.  I'm afraid if you want to see more running you will have to watch the NFL.

Go do a little more research, you can always run the ball on a stubler defence and I already watch the NFL thanks.

you can't expect marve to read a cfl defense as a rookie, especially a Calgary/stubler defense

anyone expecting marve to win the game with his arm is an idiot and isn't a professional coach

Sure, let him run around like a chicken with its head cut off. That's a plan. 

None of us are pro coaches but I do expect the QB to be able to make throws longer than 5 yards. Marve missed basic throws. Like seriously. Only looks for 2 guys. Moore and Denmark. That's it. You need your QB to throw the ball. Make basic throws. Marve couldn't do that. Yeah the play calling sucked but maybe it's cuz Marve isn't very good. Marvelous? Not even close.

you can't expect marve to read a cfl defense as a rookie, especially a Calgary/stubler defense

anyone expecting marve to win the game with his arm is an idiot and isn't a professional coach

Has everyone lost the ability to read and think tonight? Have you been sipping do or die's gin?

How about swing passes, screens, shovels, a reverse

There are other ways to get the ball in the running backs hands other than a draw up the gut

Our back should have 30 touches runs/pass to back off the Calgary d

The game plan was pure **** and set up to fail

Has everyone lost the ability to read and think tonight? Have you been sipping do or die's gin?

There are other ways to get the ball in the running backs hands other than a draw up the gut

See: Cato and his first few starts....  

MB is done

I saw all of those last night.  Pretty hard for those to be effective when the defense can just sit and wait within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage because everyone in the stadium knows the QB can't make a throw.  Doubly hard for that QB who's already struggling when the defense can get pressure easily with 3-4 rushers, leaving 8-9 in coverage/to spy Marve.  Denmark and Moore got some nice gains on first down on bubble screens and hitch screens allowing the feeble OL to lead us to some first downs on 2nd and 2 and 3's.  They used split backs and misdirection runs to Thomas but Marve's footwork was awful so it took way too long to develop and the contain guy had all day to read it.

There's nothing you can call that will make a QB playing as bad as Marve did even passable.  They literally should have just given up and started running option.  That might have gotten them one drive before Calgary adjusted.