The Day Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ EDM

Justin Dunk, with photos, explains some Edmonton blitzing.

http://www.cfl.ca/article/dunk-breaking-down-the-mad-scientist-of-blitzes

Hope we've worked on the exotic blitz.

Justin Dunk is the best thing that has ever happened to cfl.ca

Justin's 'Parity Report' covers some interesting stats detailing just how close of a race this season has been so far.

If nothing else, the Moes D will come hard and often.  The deal is to put in a O package to actually make them pay for it.   This is sort of a rubber meets road game for the Bombers.   Slinking back home, from yet another 0-fer western swing and on a new losing streak, would seem in many peoples eyes, regression.....

Limiting the mistakes that cost us the Stamps game, would be a good start.  

Same challenges...

Offence

Get some screens and playaction working early - get cotton and marshall in the game... if not, MB will go maxprotect and Edmonton's DL will have a feast

Defence

Collins needs a big game, Edm's interior OL is soft; Bombers really need a sack from Randle or Bass...

ST

Lirim and Stoudermire just need to execute

Should be a good game

I used to think Nichols was the man, even wanted him here in WPG until he re-signed prior to FA. I'm beginning to think it was a good thing he didn't make his way to the Bombers. Looking forward to finally seeing our D-Line raise some hell.

If our defensive line wasn't able to 'raise hell' against a Calgary team that was playing on a short week .. that was three linemen down going into the game .. and lost two more (though Lavertu DID come back and play it out) during the game .. I'm not going to count on ANYTHING happening against Edmonton (no matter how bad their line is).

One thing worth mentioning is that the weather is going to be the shits for Saturday. Rain all day. Could make for a sloppy, mistake-filled affair...

If that's the case then all the more important to load up the box to stuff the run and force Nicholls to beat you with his arm. If he is Edmonton's best weapon, you have a real chance to beat them. Rain will only hurt his cause.

How about Safety with Hinds and Cauchy? Stupidity (see Odell)? Overaggresion (see new rules and past history)?

Boy do I want to see Cauchy whiff on a tackle and then fall down while in pursuit...please let that happen.

He likely won't see the field unless he's on Teams....

The ''day early game day thread'' should be abolished as it provides me with fake excitement.

Seriously though, if Neufeld's healthy why not play him at tackle over Tyler?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because Tyler's more ready, having taken 2nd team reps for the last month and a half, whereas Neufeld has been on the shelf and not practicing....

I'm looking forward to some D packages featuring Burnett - Bass - Randle on the linebacking corps.

CJOB :"Tony Burnett will be added to the roster as a linebacker/defensive back and special teams player.   The Bombers have been anxious to see Burnett in game action since he arrived late in training camp.  A product of USC, Burnett has outstanding speed and O’Shea calls him an “explosive” athlete."

If nothing else, the Moes D will come hard and often.  The deal is to put in a O package to actually make them pay for it.   This is sort of a rubber meets road game for the Bombers.   Slinking back home, from yet another 0-fer western swing and on a new losing streak, would seem in many peoples eyes, regression.....

Limiting the mistakes that cost us the Stamps game, would be a good start.

Our defence and special teams will have to really step up because I don't have much faith in our offense beating the Edm pressure/blitz, at least we haven't seen it happen yet.

How about Safety with Hinds and Cauchy? Stupidity (see Odell)? Overaggresion (see new rules and past history)?

Boy do I want to see Cauchy whiff on a tackle and then fall down while in pursuit...please let that happen.

He likely won't see the field unless he's on Teams....

He has been in for some defensive plays. He has 7 tackles on the season - none on ST.