The Day Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ EDM

Working till 1:30 then heading up with 17to85 and Coorsman.

is 17 as cranky in person as he is on this site? ;)

wish I could change my pick. I think Wpg will win.

Well he used to be pretty cranky all the time, but now that he's getting laid, he's more of a neutered puss..... ;)

what's Edmonton's weakness on their defence?

Not sure there is one.

Nick Moore

LMAO - nice answer. But sorry boys - Edm's strength is their Defence, and they have no weakness. They have ferocious pass rushers, outstanding LB's (led by McCoil and Sherrit) and a very solid secondary. I guess if there is one weakness it's Muamba at Safety.

But, last year - Drew Willy was absolutely terrible here and thankfully got hurt on a safety sack (just for the rest of that game) or it would have been really ugly. Last year the Esks outscored the bombers 67 to 12. That's pathetic. 

Are the bombers better this year? Yes

Are the Esks better? Don't know - luckily for us the Esks have Nichols as a starter - but our defense can make Nichols look like Warren Moon easy (they usually do make 2nd and 3rd string QB's in Edmonton look like all stars - especially games in Commonwealth).

I'll be at the game, will most likely leave early in the fourth quarter when the score is 45 to 3 to Edmonton - and I'll get more Kal Tire $100 coupons - so there's always that. Bombers always play like **** here and I see no hope for a pattern change. 

BTW - headline in the Journal today - "Bombers have been Eskimos' Pinata" - how apt. 

what's Edmonton's weakness on their defence?

Not sure there is one.

Nick Moore

LMAO - nice answer. But sorry boys - Edm's strength is their Defence, and they have no weakness. They have ferocious pass rushers, outstanding LB's (led by McCoil and Sherrit) and a very solid secondary. I guess if there is one weakness it's Muamba at Safety.

But, last year - Drew Willy was absolutely terrible here and thankfully got hurt on a safety sack (just for the rest of that game) or it would have been really ugly. Last year the Esks outscored the bombers 67 to 12. That's pathetic. 

Are the bombers better this year? Yes

Are the Esks better? Don't know - luckily for us the Esks have Nichols as a starter - but our defense can make Nichols look like Warren Moon easy (they usually do make 2nd and 3rd string QB's in Edmonton look like all stars - especially games in Commonwealth).

I'll be at the game, will most likely leave early in the fourth quarter when the score is 45 to 3 to Edmonton - and I'll get more Kal Tire $100 coupons - so there's always that. Bombers always play like **** here and I see no hope for a pattern change. 

BTW - headline in the Journal today - "Bombers have been Eskimos' Pinata" - how apt. 

You need to stop smoking that stuff.

I'd like to know how much the Esks paid him to write that post...

Nothing - tell me Noeller - when was the last good game here? Funny, Every year I post my 'drivel' here about how bad the Bombers play here and get 'smoked', and every year you and others give it right back to me like you're all in a severe memory lapse and have no idea what happens in this stadium. And every year, the bombers stink, they get blown out, and no one says "gee, you were right" or even if they do, next year, same thing. 

Look up the Edmonton Journal if you think I'm 'making things up'. Eskimos destroy us in Commonwealth every year. Last year, our D played great - turned the ball over twice deep in Eskie territory. First time - two and field goal (Willy did nothing) - second time - Willy completed a pass - to Dexter McCoil who ran it back for a TD and the rout was on. 

Not saying I 'hope I'm right' just telling you what I'm expecting. Another Wpg Blue Bomber colossal meltdown - just like they do every year here. 

The past means nothing, tomorrow cannot be known, it is what they do today that counts.

Bombers can win this game. Will they? How the hell do I know? If I could tell that, I'd be a rich man. The point is, I'm looking at this game as a chance to win a big game. I really don't care what you expect.

The past means nothing, tomorrow cannot be known, it is what they do today that counts.

Bombers can win this game. Will they? How the hell do I know? If I could tell that, I'd be a rich man. The point is, I'm looking at this game as a chance to win a big game. I really don't care what you expect.

Cool - that's fine. We all have our opinions don't forget. I just find it funny how people here forget how bad the Bombers (generally) play here. I personally have no idea why. Though the best game I ever saw at Commonwealth was the introduction to Khari Jones - who came in in the second quarter for an injured Kerwin Bell and played great. Though Dan Crowley - a THIRD STRINGER - for Edmonton had close to 500 yards passing and 5 TD passes in that game as Edmonton won 51 to 49 or something like that. I was very entertained but even then - third stringer = Warren Moon in this stadium for whatever reason. I have a feeling Nichols, who has been under a lot of heat here - is going to have a coming out party today.