The Day Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ EDM

Willy is the heart of the team. I might lose a bit of my cool too if he was hurt. 2 times now he's been hurt and no flags on both. Something is fishy indeed and it's the bs protect the QB crap that the league goes on about.

Both injuries occurred on similar plays with Willy caught in the collapsing pocket, same as last year.  The promise of Increased motion and play action has not become a reality.

what's Edmonton's weakness on their defence?

Not sure there is one.

Nick Moore

LMAO - nice answer. But sorry boys - Edm's strength is their Defence, and they have no weakness. They have ferocious pass rushers, outstanding LB's (led by McCoil and Sherrit) and a very solid secondary. I guess if there is one weakness it's Muamba at Safety.

But, last year - Drew Willy was absolutely terrible here and thankfully got hurt on a safety sack (just for the rest of that game) or it would have been really ugly. Last year the Esks outscored the bombers 67 to 12. That's pathetic. 

Are the bombers better this year? Yes

Are the Esks better? Don't know - luckily for us the Esks have Nichols as a starter - but our defense can make Nichols look like Warren Moon easy (they usually do make 2nd and 3rd string QB's in Edmonton look like all stars - especially games in Commonwealth).

I'll be at the game, will most likely leave early in the fourth quarter when the score is 45 to 3 to Edmonton - and I'll get more Kal Tire $100 coupons - so there's always that. Bombers always play like **** here and I see no hope for a pattern change. 

BTW - headline in the Journal today - "Bombers have been Eskimos' Pinata" - how apt. 

You need to stop smoking that stuff.

I'd like to know how much the Esks paid him to write that post...

Same old same old. One day we might play well in Edmonton again..... I guess we'll go for round four next year eh fella's? I'll say we'll get blown out again, and you would have forgotten all about our pathetic showings here over the past 10 years and give me more grief. I hope, for once, next year I'm wrong. I'm really sick of watching the bumblers stutter and stumble in this stadium

Aside from how we played last night, two things pissed me off last night.  With Willy laying on the ground and is obviously injured by a low tackle. The Esk players were prancing around and playing to the camera like a bunch of teenage girls at a  One Direction concert.  Secondly, with less than 3 minutes left and the game obviously in hand. The Esks D were still bringing the house and blitzing up to 8 players.

I hope once this year we can serve up a little bit of revenge.  

Aside from how we played last night, two things pissed me off last night.  With Willy laying on the ground and is obviously injured by a low tackle. The Esk players were prancing around and playing to the camera like a bunch of teenage girls at a  One Direction concert.  Secondly, with less than 3 minutes left and the game obviously in hand. The Esks D were still bringing the house and blitzing up to 8 players.

I hope once this year we can serve up a little bit of revenge.  

Both Jones and Austin have used their Bomber games to demonstrate that they play to the whistle with out mercy.  Neither coach gives a damn what other people think of their methods and so far they seem to be working.  I'd like to know if O'Shea has the same iron in his heart but the Bombers have not yet put themselves in a position to demonstrate the principles of domination.

The Esks players dancing around while Drew lay on the ground also ticked me off

Typical Chris Jones defence - they play well but have plenty of classless moments

Some of those were former Bombers. Meh, it doesn't matter. What matters is what the Bombers do. I think we'd all like to see our team doing the same thing. We're not there yet (but we are getting better, last night's and the Hamilton debacle not withstanding). 

I just hope Drew doesn't miss too much time, as already mentioned here Brian Brohm is terrible and Marve is in the dog house now for whatever reason. Bombers are not a playoff team (again) this year, sadly

Typical Chris Jones defence - they play well but have plenty of classless moments

That Chris Jones is quite the despicable little man. And classless. There is absolutely no reason to keep the gas pedal down on offence right until the end, nor sending blitzes when obviously, the game is over.

Putz.

That Chris Jones is quite the despicable little man. And classless. There is absolutely no reason to keep the gas pedal down on offence right until the end, nor sending blitzes when obviously, the game is over.

Putz.

The reality is that it was a third-string quarterback who did that to us. If the situation were reversed and say, Marve was in there with Willy out and Brohm ineffective (as usual), I would have no problem giving my third stringer all the experience he could stand even if it was already 48-0.

The Esks players dancing around while Drew lay on the ground also ticked me offTypical Chris Jones defence - they play well but have plenty of classless moments

That Chris Jones is quite the despicable little man. And classless. There is absolutely no reason to keep the gas pedal down on offence right until the end, nor sending blitzes when obviously, the game is over.Putz.
The reality is that it was a third-string quarterback who did that to us. If the situation were reversed and say, Marve was in there with Willy out and Brohm ineffective (as usual), I would have no problem giving my third stringer all the experience he could stand even if it was already 48-0.
And I guess HE didn't run up the score, but it wasn't the third string QB either. It was more our own ineptitude.

- Punt return (53 yards) to the Wpg. 3 TD run By Lynch

- pass interception (on a questionable non-call interference) leads to aTD

- interception at the Wpg. 17 leads to a TD.

But that doen's excuse blitzing until the end.

If the Bombers wanted them to stop blitzing then they should have done something about it.  Screens, Draws, quick hitters, you know the stuff every team except us does.

It wasn't the Eskimos running up the score.  It was the Bombers not providing any fight, which is scary the first time you see it in a year and really scary when you see it again.