Bombers/Als Gameday Non-Chat Room Non-GIF Thread

BigBlue

We got a few big plays of our own too. Adams pick 6. Punt block TD and a couple throws to Denmark. Game closer than it appears because of the Montreal td where the ball didn't cross the line.

I await the official league apology with baited breath..

Cuz lord knows one should be coming!! Lol

They had the lead all game. Anyone saying it was lucky. Nope. Can't be when you are winning start to finish. They passed 20 times and ran 20 times again today. It was 50 50 run pass. The smaller cotton struggled tonight.

I would not say it was a lucky win as all phases of the game pitched in.It was a real team effort. This is how they will have to win games.  They will not blow anyone out but they

can play competitive football. I was worried with less than 3 minutes to go and the offence went 2 and out. I hope they have learned not to use Cotton when trying to close out a game. They also need a middle line backer where is Muamba when you need him. He woould really solidify this defence.

I wondered the same thing but some reading yielded that it depends on the severity of contact and once the kick is blocked it's open season, which I believe was the situation last night. Legit no call in that situation.

From CFL rule book - http://www.cfl.ca/page/game_rule_rule12?no-mobile-redirect=1

"Slight or Incidental contact which does not affect the play – NO foul"

"If a player blocks or touches the ball, he will not be penalized for Contacting the Kicker

If a player blocks or touches the ball, and commits no other act other than running into the kicker in his attempt to block the kick, he will not be penalized for Roughing the Kicker."

Just skimmed the game real quick and noticed  westerman had a good game, seems like he's catching on, people need to remember he hasn't play ball in a year or so plus new rules to adjust to up here but so far i think he's our best defensive lineman. I think we need a bigger guy in the middle, one of anderson or turner need to take less reps and be replaced with a bigger guy (Nate Collins is that guy but he's on the 6 game) Thought Fraser #0 had a good game when he was in tho. 

LB's... bass and randle were actually pretty solid, hurl tho? Not existent really, despite what i said in another thread, he's a rookie to the CFL and is actually getting better every game, Hurl tho? No idea why they are starting him. 

DB's.. Looked like Washington had a rough night against SJ but... without knowing what the coverage was supposed to be, it seemed like at times, washington messed up and at other times it was bucknor they were picking on, bucknor made a couple nice plays tho but... still think other teams pick on him lots back there, very quiet game from Bruce Johnson, as a db that's a good thing, nice play to stop Cato from getting the first down tho. 

The O looked pretty decent, would have liked to see Marshall get more carries as i feel sometimes the bigger back is just better to use at times, cotton seemed to have struggled last night, the oline is a work in progress for sure and that played a part but all in all, not a bad effort. Moved the ball somewhat consistently.

Special teams were pretty huge, Lirim is money on FGs, not so much on the 1 point converts (maybe go for 2 instead there guys), Excellent game punting too, let off several nice punts, limiting returns for sure, Veltung is pretty good, Him and Stouds when healthy, that's a nice combination to have. Think Veltung sticks on the main roster once Stouds is healthy.  Not sure who comes off tho really..

Moore had another solid game, 3 games now where he's had 70 yards or more, very consistent player, Denmark is our big play guy, Kohlert? When he's not playing i don't think we realize how much we miss him out there, he's just solid, very good player really. Darvin Adams is MIA it seems, maybe Veltung should get some looks there. who was the other canadian receiver? was it JFG? never heard his name all game long.

Really like us getting the ball back tho and running it down the opponents throats like that with Marshall, to me, that's something we rarely to never did last season, never was able to run the clock out when we had the lead but this year, 2 wins and have been in victory formation both times due to our oline and run game at the end. D was ok, gave up some big plays for sure but i think they are coming along nicely. Really do think we need a bigger DT and i think peach needs to be replaced, he's like a kuale out there without the dumb penalties tho, by that i mean, he runs 10 yards down field after every play celebrating, it's annoying a bit lol, Fraser tho? He looked good. Hurl needs to be replaced tho or Bass needs to move to the middle and newman or waggoner need to move outside. Hurl just, yeah 2 tackles for a middle linebacker is not good at all. 

That montreal D sure is good tho, plug n play indeed... they are  1-2 but have only allowed 3 tds against. That's insane. 

Was Buckner not the guy in charge of Green tonight? (...While also realizing that with zone systems there is more than one person responsible for one receiver...)

They ran switches with Green all night somebody did not pick him up it was on Washingtons side all three times I believe.

He was yelling at Adams after one big play. Three Bombers staying with one Al while Green got in behind them all.

Was Buckner not the guy in charge of Green tonight? (...While also realizing that with zone systems there is more than one person responsible for one receiver...)

They ran switches with Green all night somebody did not pick him up it was on Washingtons side all three times I believe.

He was yelling at Adams after one big play. Three Bombers staying with one Al while Green got in behind them all.

Both Washington and Adams were victims of biting on play action and leaving their area of the field open. Little bit of work but if they can clean it up we will be good shape.

watching the sequence at 11:00 of the second quarter.  I'm still trying to figure out why after the Bombers sack Cato for a loss, the ball is placed back at the 35 yard line and it's first down all over again.  What happened?  Matt and Gord are just oblivious to the whole thing. You can hear the ref announce something, and the crowd boo, but its impossible to tell what actually happened such that the sack didn't count.  On second down, which should have been third down, Cato throws the pick six, so I don't really care, but it's just infuriating when the play by play guys are babbling away about something and not giving the viewers all of the game information.  

Replay:

Bomber online was outmuscled out there by a a tenacious Dline...part of Montreal's strength. Our O-line still looking confused but with 4 new guys playing together...it will take time.

Bear Woods missing from the lineup and this new guy Ellsworth calmly goes in, gets 11 tackles and look like he's been there all year. Envy

Of course their LB crew is not weak with Venable and Cox out there.

Their front four are a scourge - Bowman, Cash, Irvin, Knapton -strong group

Credit them for forcing FGs instead of TDs

How about that Bowman - walks off injured 3 or 4 times, comes back in and makes big plays.

How big was that play to force Cato (who wasn't thinking) out of bounds to stop the clock at the half?

Welcome back Maurice Leggett.

Nick Moore, Kohlert and Denmark gave our offence a chance. Darwin Adams needs to show up - we need total team production.

Crompton gets the bench...The Alouettes have found their QB.

Would you say that that TD call for the Alouettes was just plane.....awful?

Replay:

Bomber online was outmuscled out there by a a tenacious Dline...part of Montreal's strength. Our O-line still looking confused but with 4 new guys playing together...it will take time.

Bear Woods missing from the lineup and this new guy Ellsworth calmly goes in, gets 11 tackles and look like he's been there all year. Envy

Of course their LB crew is not weak with Venable and Cox out there.

Their front four are a scourge - Bowman, Cash, Irvin, Knapton -strong group

Credit them for forcing FGs instead of TDs

How about that Bowman - walks off injured 3 or 4 times, comes back in and makes big plays.

How big was that play to force Cato (who wasn't thinking) out of bounds to stop the clock at the half?

Welcome back Maurice Leggett.

Nick Moore, Kohlert and Denmark gave our offence a chance. Darwin Adams needs to show up - we need total team production.

Crompton gets the bench...The Alouettes have found their QB.

Would you say that that TD call for the Alouettes was just plane.....awful?

twice Willy was sacked when the Bombers were in FG range and both times the sacks took them out of FG range.  Willy has to get rid of the ball in those cases, those sacks cost us an easy six points.